BADLANDS-Fall Colors Ride--2 options - Saturday Oct. 8th | GTAMotorcycle.com

BADLANDS-Fall Colors Ride--2 options - Saturday Oct. 8th

-D-

Banned
Reply to this thread or pm me if you are interested in joining.

Depending on the weather...it will dictate the direction and departure time.
2 options - I am thinking of doing a Northern Ride 507 or toward Forks/Hockley area.

Beginner friendly

Pace - fun, no stunting or racing
Sport bike oriented

Meeting place - Kennedy/401 Tim Hortons
Time 10:30am - if it is wet then I will update the post with new departure time

I will give you some feedback if you like on your riding ability e.g. learning to handle the bike properly in corners etc...
When we stop to eat/gas/break... I can give your bike a once over to see if things are in order.

Just an FYI ...

The "badlands" along Olde Base Line Road is fenced off with no public access for the foreseeable future (in order to control erosion and damage). You can look but you can't go in.

And ... I fully expect the forks to be a zoo on the weekend with tons of leaf-lookers in cars jamming up traffic. There's already a mobile LED sign on Mississauga Road saying "Expect delays". While I'm a regular there because I live 15 minutes away ... it's off limits on weekends for the next couple of weeks!

There's lots of other places to go in the area ... I visited a customer in Newmarket this morning on the bike and wandered through side roads north of highway 9 on the way back.

Just an FYI ...

The "badlands" along Olde Base Line Road is fenced off with no public access for the foreseeable future (in order to control erosion and damage). You can look but you can't go in.

And ... I fully expect the forks to be a zoo on the weekend with tons of leaf-lookers in cars jamming up traffic. There's already a mobile LED sign on Mississauga Road saying "Expect delays". While I'm a regular there because I live 15 minutes away ... it's off limits on weekends for the next couple of weeks!

There's lots of other places to go in the area ... I visited a customer in Newmarket this morning on the bike and wandered through side roads north of highway 9 on the way back.

Thanks!
I have a backup plan also. It will depend on the weather.

uhm erosion, that IS why it's there in the first place...seems kinda odd that they are trying to stop a natural occurrence.lol

They don't want people wrecking the natural occurrence. Admittedly, that's just a guess.

They don't want people wrecking the natural occurrence. Admittedly, that's just a guess.

Could be right.
However, I remember touching the stones at Stonehenge many years ago. Then shortly after they closed it to the public. Then I walked the Badlands and now they close it.
Must be me. Sorry. My Bad.

Could be right.
However, I remember touching the stones at Stonehenge many years ago. Then shortly after they closed it to the public. Then I walked the Badlands and now they close it.
You're cursed

Probably. Where shall I go next? Only change History. Touch Trump or Hillary. Then I really would be cursed.
Try touching Trudeau if you have a chance

Could be right.

I touched the back of a German fighter jet where the auspuff comes out at the Hamilton Air Show. The German pilot said "touch vis your eyes not vis your hands". Air show was cancelled the next year.

I touched the back of a German fighter jet where the auspuff comes out at the Hamilton Air Show. The German pilot said "touch vis your eyes not vis your hands". Air show was cancelled the next year.

Phew. I am not alone.

Why? Are they afraid the stones will wear out from ppl touching them.

Good little ride, no traffic, no issues, roads open

There were a few OPP, seem to be leading cars to keep the speed down and order.

Back
Top Bottom