Why so few color schemes offered by manufacturers? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why so few color schemes offered by manufacturers?

Somebody gonna get a hurt real bad. #RespectThePurple

Didn't even think about colours when iy comes to cars, as I buy used so I take whatever the deal is. But my cars have been: yellow, diarrhea brown, red, gunmetal, black, purple, champagne and now silver/grey. Just realized that we have 2 grey vehicles. Never really thought about it. Colour people. We need more colour!
As far as bikes go, I'm so used to associating certain colours with brands, that I actually find it strange when say Honda makes a yellow bike.
@baggsy, not all men can handle purple. We are the chosen few.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk
I hear you there. A few years back Honda released cbr in essentially black and Kawasaki green, I still think it's a zx-ninja every time one passes me.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Yes, saw one at show but in June none in Ontario so it was shipped in from Winnipeg. Can't be more happy with this purchase.

Maybe if they had 200 bikes of 5 colors, instead of 1000 of black ones, they'd actually sell more units...I personally wouldn't buy certain colors even if it came with a 20-30% discount...(unless the discount made it worthwhile to repaint)

Yes, + inventory control. Most motorcycles sales per model per distributor are very low compared to other vehicles and keeping colour choices limited saves money on having to have more units on hand or getting stuck with a non seller.

These people have never seen the purple people eater my mother used to drive. Big engine. No seatbelts. Dual Thrush mufflers out the sides. Ragtop.

These people have never seen the purple people eater my mother used to drive. Big engine. No seatbelts. Dual Thrush mufflers out the sides. Ragtop.
One horn? That would sure look strange to me.

They offer limited colours so that instead of real updates they offer BNG (bold new colours) and every body gets excited all over themselves.

Why no polka dots?

....or digital camo ?
b9e56d1ba81b3ca907eba5a6a613c1eb.jpg

....or digital camo ?
b9e56d1ba81b3ca907eba5a6a613c1eb.jpg
I think there was an ADV bike at the last show with a pixelated camo wrap. Looked cool.

that's the one @Jayell ?

Bland generic base colours are easier to color match your stickers that make the bike faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... and then local marketing departments in each individual market make the decisions about which ones they want to take.

Ohhhh, so it's those mother****ers that we gotta kill. Gotcha.

when Honda released their new CBR600RR in 2013, they had an all-red colour scheme that looked absolutely amazing. Since that year they've never offered it. I think it keeps resale values higher, too.

There was an article in the Globe a few weeks ago stating that cars with bold colours retain resale value moreso than grey-scale uber boring cars.

Since I'll never buy a new car again, I'm pretty much stuck with whatever the used market has in-store... and for now that means two white cars :( :)

There was an article in the Globe a few weeks ago stating that cars with bold colours retain resale value moreso than grey-scale uber boring cars.

I highly doubt that considering the top selling colours are white, black, gray and silver.
Red and blue do decent but that's about it from brighter colours. Why would this trend be reversed all of the sudden when it comes to the used market? Does anyone really think that green and purple cars are highly sought after when they are 7 years old?

When it comes to used vehicles, colour is rarely a priority to begin with. People are much less picky vs. buying new.

Back
Top Bottom