If you could live anywhere in Canada, where would it be? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

If you could live anywhere in Canada, where would it be?

another vote here for the southern interior of bc,awesome roads,lots of laid back easy going people,and in the summer and winter seasons resort town populations explode and make it a lot of fun

Currently in the east end (Guildwood) so it is easy to head north or east but in the past few years, traffic has become noticeable heavier even on a Sunday morning. I rarely ride west of the city simply because of the traffic.

We're looking to retire within 5 years and have looked at a few areas and my personal favs are:

1. Kingston area - real estate is a little pricy and Kingston reminds me of Halifax which I adore - university town with lots of great pubs and restaurants. Puts Ottawa and the 1000 Islands all within riding distance.

2 Stratford - nice little town but still big enough to have enough happening to keep my wife from becoming bored which is an important consideration.

3. Lake Erie shore - lots of little towns and I like the idea of being close to the lakes. I don't know the area well, but Erie and Huron shore lines should offer some decent riding.

I grew up in Nova Scotia, and while the riding was amazing, the weather makes for a shorter season than southern Ontario. Cold rainy weather well into June but August and September are spectacular.

I love the west coast, i love the east coast and i love quebec

But i want something that's a small city with enough jobs with career opportunities and affordable real estate and fun riding roads and accessible ski hills and with (a real) winter too

I would live in any small town anywhere in Canada. Keep the cities for the nightlife. Visiting is nice, living there not so nice.

If you like BC but want even more isolated Yukon is beautiful but there's next to nothing out there and winter is probably brutal. After a week long road trip there my gf wanted to move and before that she's basically said she would never live anywhere except a big city.

I'm more of a fan of the smaller cities in Southern Ontario. Big enough that you have choice and stuff to do, close enough together and to Toronto that you can go visit other places and people easily. But you can actually afford to live in them (unlike GTA) and traffic isn't at a standstill 90% of the time.

Unfortunately for my work my only options are the main cities in the country.

Last edited:
Couple times I've been to Ottawa it seemed like a friendly, cosmopolitan city. Good selection of jobs and the Laurentians right next door. But I'm tied here by family, like you.

Every major city in Canada is cosmopolitan and none more than Toronto. Ottawa is neat and quiet. Probably good from a family perspective. Closer to good roads and skiing resorts than Toronto so that's a bonus.

I'd probably move to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; if I didn't have to work, maybe somewhere in Vermont. ... If they were in Canada.

Was looking at the north western outskirts of the Kitchener Waterloo area as it's close enough to big city amenities but on the right side of the relaxed country riding I treasure. Rode thru Elmira couple weeks back. Nice looking town. Wiki reveals a lingering Agent Orange concern. I don't need more concerns at this stage of the game. Moving on.

Back
Top Bottom