Using a Car Dealership plate on a Motorcycle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Using a Car Dealership plate on a Motorcycle

Jayshun

Hey guys,

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with Car Dealership plates on a motorcycle. I work at a dealership and was given permission to use the plates on my Motorcycle to ride to and from work. Other than the plate not fitting would there be any other issues?

Jason

Not sure thats legal. They do make moto dealer plates, a friend of mine owns a Honda car dealership and runs a moto dealer plate.

I could be wrong, but I believe that is both an abuse of dealer plates (use on a privately owned vehicle, O. Reg 628 S13(4)) and that motorcycles are specifically not permitted to use dealer plates (O. Reg 628 S13(1) unless the dealer permit was issued to a motorcycle dealer)

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick replies guy.

Mikbusa I am guessing your friend is riding a motorcycle that is registered to his dealership. I was hoping that I would be able to use the plates if I was going to sell my motorcycle to the dealership.

Thanks TwistedKestrel for posting those links to the HTA, provided me further insight to the situation.

Jason

As phil says, car plates specifically excluded for motocycles.

Other issues? Hmmm - do you have an insurance policy?

was given permission to use the plates on my Motorcycle to ride to and from work.

I'm certain what TwistedKestrel replied with is the correct answer...my question is, why?

I could be wrong, but I believe that is both an abuse of dealer plates (use on a privately owned vehicle, O. Reg 628 S13(4)) and that motorcycles are specifically not permitted to use dealer plates (O. Reg 628 S13(1) unless the dealer permit was issued to a motorcycle dealer)
I had no idea this was illegal. I sold a guy a car super rotted out that 4 mechanics refused to even try to fix no matter how much money I threw at them. Guy that owns a dealership bought it for a plow vehicle but when he got it home he said he loved it so much he was going to just throw a dealer plate on it and drive it as his personal vehicle.

I had no idea this was illegal...Guy that owns a dealership bought it for a plow vehicle but when he got it home he said he loved it so much he was going to just throw a dealer plate on it and drive it as his personal vehicle.

I think you'll find the difference there is one is a privately owned vehicle using a dealer plate (illegal) and a dealership owned vehicle using a dealer plate assigned to an employee (benefit of employment)

My friend has a motorcycle dealer plate.
If you are caught trying to use a car dealer plate, you'll get busted

This is beyond retarded. M/C plates (the little ones) are for motorcycles. The big ones are for cars. Apolologies in advance if something's changed recently on that front.

Lol for OP. Truly sense and sensibility is out the door with people these days

Back
Top Bottom