Window tinting for car | GTAMotorcycle.com

Window tinting for car

Beekman

Hey all

I'm looking to get my windows tinted in my car. Mostly just for looks, but the supposed benefits of reduced heat in the car when sitting (black car with black interior so it gets really friggen hot whenever it's sunny) and reduced UV penetration would be nice extras.

Just wondering if anyone has placed they would recommend to get it done, not looking to spend an arm and a leg but I will pay money for a good job.

I considered the do it yourself route but it doesn't seem like something I would be very good at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Requested the same info here a few years ago and followed through with Audio Heaven. Awesome job. Good price. Would highly recommend again to anyone. Very professional and just overall good experience.

Just be careful if you are planning on selling car soon. New safety rules require window tint to be checked. Basically any aftermarket tint will have to be removed to pass a safety now.

Just be careful if you are planning on selling car soon. New safety rules require window tint to be checked. Basically any aftermarket tint will have to be removed to pass a safety now.

I believe the standards are in effect for tint installed on or after July 1, 2016. If you have proof of installation beforehand, you should be ok. How many folks keep their invoice/work order?

I don't know the outfit the dealer contracted out the job for my company car but, the tint installer did tell me to keep the paperwork just in case.

Stupid law

+1.... all of my cars have been tinted for years, never been bothered. Maybe out of luck?

I seriously doubt anyone would have a receipt from a job done 5/6 years ago, possibly longer?

It's for tint jobs done from July 1, 2016 and ongoing. But, yeah, how are you suppose to prove you got the tint before July 1st?

I suspect shops will just pass them anyway. There's no money to be made by the shop to peel off the tint

I believe the standards are in effect for tint installed on or after July 1, 2016. If you have proof of installation beforehand, you should be ok. How many folks keep their invoice/work order?

I don't know the outfit the dealer contracted out the job for my company car but, the tint installer did tell me to keep the paperwork just in case.

Windshields

-For any vehicle manufactured on orafter January 1, 2017, any aftermarketwindow tint is applied to the windshield
-light transmittance is less than 70%
-tinting extends more than 75 mm from top of windshield, or beyond AS line

Side Windows

-For any vehicle manufactured on or after January 1, 2017, light transmittance is less than 70% on any window directly to the left or right of the driver (in other words, any window forward of the rear of the drivers seat)
-vision is obscured or limited

Rear Window

No specific requirement

It's a brand new car so I won't be selling it anytime soon.

Thanks for all the input friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought a 2011 Genesis. When i test drove it and made the deal windows were tinted. When i picked up the car they had removed it due to passibg safety. I just re did it. Boltons Finest. Highly recommended

Back
Top Bottom