Let's build my project bike - community build - your ideas wanted | GTAMotorcycle.com

Let's build my project bike - community build - your ideas wanted

-D-

Banned
I am on to a new project bike. I thought it would be fun to get some other ideas for this build.

Anyone decent using Photoshop here. I would like to do some mock ups with different headlights and bike colors???

Bike - 2007 GSXR 750 (got a great deal and also the right blend of weight and power for street riding)

Purpose - 1. make it more of an upright bike e.g. FZ1 style for long distance riding/touring
2. track bike, original super sport riding position

Color- currently black but I will likely change it to a gun metal e.g. Inifinity G37 gun metal or the Nissan GTR dark silver/grey or Yamaha dark red

Current parts:
1. shorty underneath Leo Vince exhaust (need the baffle insert/silencer)
2. upgraded rear shock - the good stuff
3. upgraded steering damper - the good stuff
4. track plastics that are cutout for the headlights and tail lights
5. tires- new set on there, all good
6. upgraded master brake cylinder
7. HID light
8. power commander - not sure if I will use it, cross that bridge later.

Parts to get:
0.1 - headlight - like an MT01/KTM/MV - or what's on the new Kawi upright or FZ bikes--- something that will look good on the front
1. Apex 3 inch adjustable riser bars (check youtube, these are nice)
2. rearsets - ?
3. side mirrors - what are decent Ebay units?
4. upgraded rectifier and stator - will order shortly from RMStator
5. bracket to relocate the rectifier - will need to make or buy one
6. rear seat
7. better front seat for long rides - ? new seat or gel insert
8. wire in usb charging port
9. better grips
10. steel brake lines - not sure if I get double lines or single line that turns into double - probably single line down for Apex bar clearance
11. quick shifter - which brand?
12. ASV or CRG flip up levers
13. Yamaha quarter turn throttle
14. what else???

The way the bike is setup I can easily stick the nose back on and make it into a sport bike that is track ready (minor suspension adjustments).
I want a headlight that will look good and I will likely have to make some type of bracket...it is to make it a quick release headlight that I unplug them and stick the track plastic on...the track plastic is one big piece for the upper.

Why rearsets? If you move your arms up a bunch with the risers and move your feet up, you may end up with a really uncomfortable bike.

Setting up a bike for comfortable long distance touring and the track is almost the opposite ends of bike setup. You may be able to get somewhere in the middle where it is not the best at either (similar to the stock bike but better).

Why rearsets? If you move your arms up a bunch with the risers and move your feet up, you may end up with a really uncomfortable bike.

Setting up a bike for comfortable long distance touring and the track is almost the opposite ends of bike setup. You may be able to get somewhere in the middle where it is not the best at either (similar to the stock bike but better).

rearsets to move my legs down more = comfort
adjustable allows me to easily change for what I need at the time...track, street, touring.

I read a few articles where guys realized they were doing things backwards...they took and Fz1 and was trying to make it ride/handle like and R1.
Now they take an R1 and strip it down plus add a few parts such as higher clips ons, gel insert seats, rearsets...super sport features with Fz1 comforts.

Back
Top Bottom