Odd question | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Odd question

One time i was sitting in the car at a temporary construction red light and there was a couple of guys on bikes stopped on the other side of the road- facing us...he tapped his helmet and i turned to my girlfriend in the passenger seat and told her there must be cops up ahead...i wondered out loud how he knew i would know what that meant---and she says "He was signaling the motorcycle dudes waiting behind us you retard".
sounds like there won't be any surprises if you 2 hitch up

yes.
Possibly. If the ground loop doesn't pick you up, it's been said you could rev over it to increase the chance of detection. Don't know if that works. Or strap an earth magnet low on the bike. If there's no traffic, I just go.

Have tested. I always put myself on the visibly cut lines and have had the pedestrian signal loop back to walk occasionally. During the same wait in the same spot, I start revving my engine (in to low-mid range revs) and the light changes for me. Worked on multiple occasions with a relatively low fail rate.

If you look at the pavement you should be able to see the traffic sensor lines.
Put yourself on on top of them:
30-sensor-grid.jpg

http://motorcycleinfo.org/2009/08/traffic-lights/

In these situations, stop on the 3 dots near the line... (Used to detect bicyclists).

If you look at the pavement you should be able to see the traffic sensor lines.
Put yourself on on top of them:
30-sensor-grid.jpg

http://motorcycleinfo.org/2009/08/traffic-lights/

If you have a Centerstand it can really help if you push it down while sitting on the bike over the line so that the metal is closer to the sensor line. I find this triggers most lights. (A sidestand might work as well but that means neutral ,etc for most bikes.)

If the light doesn't trigger with that effort I will generally contact the municipality and ask them to take care of it. It helps that I point out that I am aware of where to position my bike and how the sensors work so they take things more seriously. (That reminds me.. there is another light I have been menaing to let York Region know about.)

..Tom

Back
Top Bottom