Odd question | GTAMotorcycle.com

Odd question

Jbrizzy

So I notice if I throw down the two wheel sign at a rider from my cage when I'm at work, I get no love :( . Is it a motorcycle to motorcycle thing only?
(I was thinking maybe they just didn't see because of Cage)
But then tried it out more frequently and so far 0-20..

OK and unrelated to that, my next question is when I am riding by myself, is there any particular spot to stop at where I can get the damn red lights to turn green?
(sometimes it changes, sometimes it doesn't. Unsure if I'm stopping at a different spot or something)

Thanks

LOL so you're just waving at bikers while in the car? I honestly don't think I'd even notice a cager waving at me, and if I did I wouldn't wave back, either :lmao:

Also, at lights, if you can tell where the ground loop sensor wire has been buried (square cut lines in the asphalt), then I'd line up right on top of it. Its a magnetic sensor loop, so your best bet is to sit right over the wire.

There are three dots for bicycles to line up on in some places.

? lol.

I'm tempted to wave in my cage, but don't. Not even when I've got my dirt bike on the trailer.

Stopping on the ground sensor loop works on some intersections, others not so much.

LOL so you're just waving at bikers while in the car? I honestly don't think I'd even notice a cager waving at me, and if I did I wouldn't wave back, either :lmao:

Also, at lights, if you can tell where the ground loop sensor wire has been buried (square cut lines in the asphalt), then I'd line up right on top of it. Its a magnetic sensor loop, so your best bet is to sit right over the wire.

Yeah not exactly waving from my car lol ...more like I'm chucking up deuces so it's actually cooler..

It ain't called "The Biker Wave" for no reason dud...

:lmao:

Last edited:
Oddly enough;

This past Saturday I intentionally went out riding in the rain to test out some gear. While riding through Newcastle getting poured on, a pedestrian gave me a nod and threw down the two finger salute.

I did not return the wave/acknowledgement - if he were on a bike, yes absolutely. I'm not waving to cars and pedestrians though (no offense).

yes.
Possibly. If the ground loop doesn't pick you up, it's been said you could rev over it to increase the chance of detection. Don't know if that works. Or strap an earth magnet low on the bike. If there's no traffic, I just go.

So should I wave to scooters?

Thank you for all your answers, it actually has been helpful. Think I'm going to limit my waving time to bike only.
Will also probably just go through if it's red,not changing and clear. Guess the only thing I'd have to worry about is a red light camera. Maybe I'll just accelerate to top speed before crossing, that way I'll be too fast for the camera click :)

When I am on my jeep I have the reflex to wave at bikes, when I am on my bike I have a reflex to wave at jeeps... too much pressure, need to get me a non waiving vehicle.

OK and unrelated to that, my next question is when I am riding by myself, is there any particular spot to stop at where I can get the damn red lights to turn green?
(sometimes it changes, sometimes it doesn't. Unsure if I'm stopping at a different spot or something)

Thanks

If you look at the pavement you should be able to see the traffic sensor lines.
Put yourself on on top of them:
30-sensor-grid.jpg

http://motorcycleinfo.org/2009/08/traffic-lights/

When I am on my jeep I have the reflex to wave at bikes, when I am on my bike I have a reflex to wave at jeeps... too much pressure, need to get me a non waiving vehicle.

Yikes! Mixing up Jeep and motorcycle habits could result in some pretty interesting outcomes, especially while parking...

1024px-LA2_Vildmarkshotellet_Jeep.jpg

One time i was sitting in the car at a temporary construction red light and there was a couple of guys on bikes stopped on the other side of the road- facing us...he tapped his helmet and i turned to my girlfriend in the passenger seat and told her there must be cops up ahead...i wondered out loud how he knew i would know what that meant---and she says "He was signaling the motorcycle dudes waiting behind us you retard".

Back
Top Bottom