2 People charged with street racing twice at the same location | GTAMotorcycle.com

2 People charged with street racing twice at the same location

Boots

Two men charged with driving more than 70 kilometres over the speed limit Tuesday night in Vaughan were caught doing the same thing, in the same place, almost two years ago, York Regional Police say.
Officers with the York Regional Police Traffic Bureau spotted two vehicles driving side-by-side heading west on Rutherford Road, near Hwy. 27, on Tuesday at around 9 p.m. Police say once the vehicles passed Hwy. 27 they accelerated to 138 km/h in a 60 km/h zone.
Both vehicles were stopped by police and the drivers were charged with street racing, had their driver’s licences suspended and vehicles impounded for seven days.

Nearly two years ago — on Nov. 30, 2014 — police say two men were spotted at about 4 a.m. driving vehicles side by side on Rutherford Road near Hwy. 27. Police say the vehicles accelerated to more than 70 km/h over the speed limit once past Hwy. 27.

As a result of that incident, the same men charged Tuesday, were charged with street racing, had their driver’s licences suspended and vehicles impounded for seven days.

Police did not release the drivers' names.

http://www.yorkregion.com/news-stor...cing-in-vaughan-for-second-time-in-two-years/

I betcha the cops were sitting in the church parking lot on the south side, west of 27 (past the railroad tracks).

I thought everyone knew that was a speed trap.

I betcha the cops were sitting in the church parking lot on the south side, west of 27 (past the railroad tracks).

I thought everyone knew that was a speed trap.
Apparently not everyone. I can't count the number of times that a car rides my bumper as I slow down approaching that section.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Gotta wonder how they can still afford insurance after the first 172 experience. Perhaps part of the rich-kid crowd...all money, no brains?

I'd like to say maybe the courts will suspend their licence for a little longer this time, but as we all know...probably a slap on the wrist and they'll be back out again in a matter of weeks.

Again another story about why 172 is stupid. It collects lots of people but does nothing to stop idiots from racing.

Can police use a history of poor behaviour to pick higher charges (eg dangerous driving for repeatedly grossly speeding/racing)?

Again another story about why 172 is stupid. It collects lots of people but does nothing to stop idiots from racing.

Can police use a history of poor behaviour to pick higher charges (eg dangerous driving for repeatedly grossly speeding/racing)?

They can't stop it and if they do there goes the $$$ stream.

Whatever, that's a risk we take riding sport bikes.

They know very well the machines are capable and grossly take advantage.

Let the lashing begin

Back
Top Bottom