2017 gsx-r 1000 | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 gsx-r 1000

My Aprilia came with such good components that including spares (fairings + pegs + bars, at least) I will be in the $30K range. Taxes and all.

My Aprilia came with such good components that including spares (fairings + pegs + bars, at least) I will be in the $30K range. Taxes and all.

.... youre not sponsored by aprilia ??? wtf !!

Last edited:
In an Aprilia dealership last weekend and could not believe how small their bikes have gotten. They are all too small for me at 6'1. This seems to be the trend tho...the new GSX-R 1000 is 20% narrower. A lot of journalists talking about how small it feels. Tall guys are being squeezed out. Hope BMW doesn't follow this trend.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
He sponsors them:D

For those in the know, Shaman is an experimental ECU that escaped from Aprilia's Noale factory in the back of a catering van, at some point before November 2009. I'll leave it up to the rest of the GTAM crew to connect the dots. My days of folding tin foil hats for free thinkers are coming to an end.

...yeah. What Flywheel said. :eek:

How does the Aprilia stack up to the new GSXR and Kawi RR?

Haven't heard much about the GSX-R chassis, focus has been on the motor. However the Aprilia chassis is about as good as it gets, bar none and while the V4 is a little heavier (as is the composite tank) than some other designs, it's carried very well with the rear cylinder head and tank directly below the rider and low. Mine should, with slip-on and race ECU, put out around 190whp in a very broad and controllable delivery. I had a full system lined up for the bike to give me a bit more, but that has fallen through - so I won't have quite the setup that I wanted for it. I've got to think that compares really well.

FYI, I forgot about the spare set of wheels, and with suspension setup costs it will put me at maybe 34K total. Forged wheels (with sensor rings) aren't cheap. I haven't *found* a set yet, either, and I may have to order them new, which is what I put in for cost purposes. If necessary I will buy OEM or Titax but I'm hoping to find some used Factory/RF forged wheels online. If I have funds - maybe next year - I will find a CF or aluminum tank for the bike... OEM is ~14lbs for the composite tank and an aluminum replacement is a whole lot less. :/

Last edited:
In an Aprilia dealership last weekend and could not believe how small their bikes have gotten. They are all too small for me at 6'1. This seems to be the trend tho...the new GSX-R 1000 is 20% narrower. A lot of journalists talking about how small it feels. Tall guys are being squeezed out. Hope BMW doesn't follow this trend.

6'0 here... Zero ergo issues on an RSV4

FYI, I forgot about the spare set of wheels, and with suspension setup costs it will put me at maybe 34K total. Forged wheels (with sensor rings) aren't cheap. I haven't *found* a set yet, either, and I may have to order them new, which is what I put in for cost purposes. If necessary I will buy OEM or Titax but I'm hoping to find some used Factory/RF forged wheels online. If I have funds - maybe next year - I will find a CF or aluminum tank for the bike... OEM is ~14lbs for the composite tank and an aluminum replacement is a whole lot less. :/

AF1 has new forged wheels for I think $1700 u.s. right now. Seems like a decent price but I'm not in the market right now so I haven't really looked around.

Sat on a few bikes at the show today. The new GSXR is light and narrow ... but Suzuki sure was not breaking any new styling ground; I have a hard time telling the difference between any two adjacent generations and this continues that trend. For me, the GSXR has a better riding position than the new CBR1000 ... I have a friend with one of those on order; he's shorter than I am; I think he's going to have trouble with the riding position and will end up hardly riding it (just as he hardly rides the Ducati 848 that he currently owns).

After the bike show, I hopped on my olde 2004 Kawasaki ZX10R for a ride, and immediately felt right at home.

Sat on a few bikes at the show today. The new GSXR is light and narrow ... but Suzuki sure was not breaking any new styling ground; I have a hard time telling the difference between any two adjacent generations and this continues that trend. For me, the GSXR has a better riding position than the new CBR1000 ... I have a friend with one of those on order; he's shorter than I am; I think he's going to have trouble with the riding position and will end up hardly riding it (just as he hardly rides the Ducati 848 that he currently owns).

After the bike show, I hopped on my olde 2004 Kawasaki ZX10R for a ride, and immediately felt right at home.
Conservative company for sure. They make some great decisions then turn around and make bad ones that baffle the mind. Like this years MotoGP choices over last year (which were perfect). This season will be Rizla Suzuki all over again.

This season will be Rizla Suzuki all over again.

If that includes the Rizla Suzuki ladies I'm ok with that.

No RSV4 in Canada is going to make 190hp on the CSBK dyno.

If it does make 190hp on any particular dyno I'd like to know what the baseline numbers were.

No RSV4 in Canada is going to make 190hp on the CSBK dyno.

If it does make 190hp on any particular dyno I'd like to know what the baseline numbers were.

You're wrong! They'll need to pull off two spark plug wires and add 30lbs of ballist to make it legal and they'll pay you for racing it. Ask Claudio Corti.

Back
Top Bottom