2017 gsx-r 1000 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 gsx-r 1000

Lol I guess you haven't priced a new ZX10R(R).
ZX10R and RR are ~ $1000 - $2000 cheaper. You can buy a lot of flip-flops with $2000! Kawasaki throw in a curveball with the RR and give you K6 GSX-R 1000 graphics.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You can get a 2016 zx10 and it is the exact same as the 2017 zx10 for under 15k, that is 3000+ cheaper than a GSX-R. Sure GSX-R has 2 years more warranty, so call it 2900 less. That is enough for exhaust, tune+flash, and about 1300 left over to blow on muscle shirts and hats.

I went with a 2016 ZX-10r

I think the pipe should be a bit bigger.

optical illusion
its actually a normal sized pipe with a tiny bike attached to it...
this pic of prototype testing from the suzuki proving grounds is proof

100771.jpg

Last edited:
ZX10R and RR are ~ $1000 - $2000 cheaper. You can buy a lot of flip-flops with $2000! Kawasaki throw in a curveball with the RR and give you K6 GSX-R 1000 graphics.

You can get a 2016 zx10 and it is the exact same as the 2017 zx10 for under 15k, that is 3000+ cheaper than a GSX-R. Sure GSX-R has 2 years more warranty, so call it 2900 less. That is enough for exhaust, tune+flash, and about 1300 left over to blow on muscle shirts and hats.

I went with a 2016 ZX-10r

Msrp, which is what we're talking about, is $18,000 on a 2017 ZX10R abs and $21,500 for the ZX10RR.

If those new superbikes have a significant amount of platinum/palladium in their exhausts, hacksaw equipped crackheads are going to be busy harvesting them.

*eyes new cordless DeWalt*

Within $500 bucks of each other for the fancy one. Is yours the fancy one or are you making it fancy yourself?

I wasn't offered an RR unfortunately so I've got a regular R. By offered I don't mean free either lol. Maybe I'll sell it next year and upgrade if the RR seems to be worth it. Almost all my parts will transfer over so it shouldn't be too bad if it happens.

If those new superbikes have a significant amount of platinum/palladium in their exhausts, hacksaw equipped crackheads are going to be busy harvesting them.

*eyes new cordless DeWalt*
Only a GTAM member would forecast this scenario, yet justifiably so. I don't think too many people will keep that can for more than a day.

I wasn't offered an RR unfortunately so I've got a regular R. By offered I don't mean free either lol. Maybe I'll sell it next year and upgrade if the RR seems to be worth it. Almost all my parts will transfer over so it shouldn't be too bad if it happens.

what's the major difference between R and RR?

what's the major difference between R and RR?

the RR gets
- i-talian wheels (marchesini)
- i-talian tires (supercorsa SP)
- modded head to accept high lift cams
- tappets are diamond coated
- reinforced crank case
- revised suspension
- single seat.
- quick shifter up and down

and that sexy winterlicious paint..

in all seriousness. I would take either one. Both are going to be wicked bikes

Msrp, which is what we're talking about, is $18,000 on a 2017 ZX10R abs and $21,500 for the ZX10RR.

Those GSXR's are going to be being sold at or damn near close to MSRP so you really only have to compare their MSRP vs what you can actually buy a ZX10R for and since the 2017 ZX10's are the same as the 16's minus a new color. You can go and buy one right now for 15 or 16k depending on if you want ABS or not.

I just got mine last month for 15k, its the exact same as the 2017, so as far as I'm concerned I saved 3000 and got a better color.

Last edited:
Those GSXR's are going to be being sold at or damn near close to MSRP so you really only have to compare their MSRP vs what you can actually buy a ZX10R for and since the 2017 ZX10's are the same as the 16's minus a new color. You can go and buy one right now for 15 or 16k depending on if you want ABS or not.

I just got mine last month for 15k, its the exact same as the 2017, so as far as I'm concerned I saved 3000 and got a better color.
So you're comparing what you can get a 2016 zx10r for to the msrp of a 2017 gsxr 1000?

So you're comparing what you can get a 2016 zx10r for to the msrp of a 2017 gsxr 1000?

It makes it fair if you are talking about now and not in the future since you can still fairly easily find them. However, yes the new ZX10R and GSXR are very close in MSRP but currently the ZX10's are on a huge sale if you are willing to take black or green instead of white\grey.

As for my take on the 2017 white\grey zx10r vs the GSXR, I figure Kawasaki knows what they are doing pricing wise but id expect some good sales during the year.

It makes it fair if you are talking about now and not in the future since you can still fairly easily find them. However, yes the new ZX10R and GSXR are very close in MSRP but currently the ZX10's are on a huge sale if you are willing to take black or green instead of white\grey.

As for my take on the 2017 white\grey zx10r vs the GSXR, I figure Kawasaki knows what they are doing pricing wise but id expect some good sales during the year.
2016 GSX-R 1000's are on a much bigger sale. The 2016 ZX10R is priced $3000 higher than the 2016 GSX-R 1000 which can be had for - $12,800. Great opportunity to own a new bike!

Last edited:
the RR gets
- i-talian wheels (marchesini)
- i-talian tires (supercorsa SP)
- modded head to accept high lift cams
- tappets are diamond coated...

It was bound to happen in this topsy-turvy world. Diamonds are now a boy's best friend.

Ok so let's compare 2018 gsxrs and zx10s....

Back
Top Bottom