Trudeau's carbon pricing | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trudeau's carbon pricing

you forgot about the trump part

I didn't think that need explanation: I expected some bright spark to make the fair argument that CEOs are private individuals and are thus different than elected officials. The Trump question -- wealth of elected officials -- was given to pre-empt that. Thanks for missing this.

Trudeau visited his friend Aga Khan in the Bahamas. Dude has his own private island.

Trudeau is also really good friends with a dictator & communist. Something is afoul

At least it was a private helo and not paid for with taxpayer dollars, unlike when Peter MacKay was picked up from a Nfld fishing lodge with a Canadian-military helicopter or when Walt Natynczyk used a government Challenger jet to fly he and his family to St. Maarten for vacation.

Classic can't see the forest for the trees moment here.. I think the concern is what influence this Aga Khan may or may not obtain from treating the PM to such an exclusive getaway... and why the PM wasn't transparent about the trip from the off. I think. Anyway, not like Trudeau is the first PM to hang with the Khan.

The chopper angle is just a mechanism available to those who wish to press the issue

Last edited:
Pigs at a trough, some are blue some are red... It is cute (or is it sad) when people think their pigs are different because they are not red or not blue.

When one colour gets too fat, we swap them out for another to slim them down and to fatten up some others.

I called it before the election, the liberal and conservative party behave the same, the only difference is which cronies get the money. Harper sold us out to China, Usa and Saudi Arabia. They're both corrupt, the liberals are just better looking.

That hair!

Classic can't see the forest for the trees moment here.. I think the concern is what influence this Aga Khan may or may not obtain from treating the PM to such an exclusive getaway...

You must have something in mind to be so up in arms: What "influence" is possible here?

The right would be so much better served to worry about truly stupid **** JT does -- like cash-for-access -- than looking like shallow, puerile ideologues jumping on a non-issue like a vacation with a family friend that didn't cost taxpayers a dime.

You must have something in mind to be so up in arms: What "influence" is possible here?

The right would be so much better served to worry about truly stupid **** JT does -- like cash-for-access -- than looking like shallow, puerile ideologues jumping on a non-issue like a vacation with a family friend that didn't cost taxpayers a dime.

Don't be so naive, of course there's something to gain for Kahn. AKDN get's regular taxpayer dime's; c'mon, do some research before you start attacking "the right"

Now, that said, I'll point you back to post 125 where I eluded to the fact that this type of dealing in a non-partisan practice; whatcha gonna do *shrugs*

Don't be so naive, of course there's something to gain for Kahn. AKDN get's regular taxpayer dime's; c'mon, do some research before you start attacking "the right"

Actually, I did. AKDN looks to be a legit outfit that does "good" in the world:

"...rural development, health, education and civil society. Its activities are intended to improve the quality of life of beneficiary communities by assisting in the struggle against hunger, disease, illiteracy, ignorance and social exclusion. ..."

Pretty refreshing to see a Shia-Islam-oriented outfit working toward actually bettering the quality of life, economic & social development, education and "civil society."

So to what specific sinister "influence" were you referring?

Regarding how insipid the opposition looks for making a mountain out of this molehill, please just take a deep breath and a second to read:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...uld-be-celebrated-not-hidden/article33574171/

BTW, it's interesting that you poo-poo & even excuse Russian interference in the US election but choose to take such issue with JT's vacation...

"...rural development, health, education and civil society. Its activities are intended to improve the quality of life of beneficiary communities by assisting in the struggle against hunger, disease, illiteracy, ignorance and social exclusion. ..."

Pretty refreshing to see a Shia-Islam-oriented outfit working toward actually bettering the quality of life, economic & social development, education and "civil society."

Regarding how insipid the opposition looks for making a mountain out of this molehill, please just take a deep breath and a second to read:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...uld-be-celebrated-not-hidden/article33574171/

BTW, it's interesting that you poo-poo & even excuse Russian interference in the US election but choose to take such issue with JT's vacation...

It doesn't matter what they do man. Why is that even a go too? "ahh but they help people so no worries" lol

And you're projecting again. I didn't once say I had an issue with it, or call anything sinister. Simply trying to pull you out of that hard left before you hit the ground; I failed, moving on.

It's not relevant which dealings are 'good' or 'bad', that would be an interminable discussion anyways. What matters is the gov't has a relationship with the foundation that involves millions of dollars, and the mere appearance of favour that this kind of treatment implies taints any decision the gov't may make from now on regarding the foundation. If you believe they only do 'good', then you should be as upset as anyone that Trudeau received special treatment from them because our ability to fairly deal with a 'good' organization is now compromised. There's a reason these kinds of favours are not allowed.

My guess is he knew exactly what he was doing when he planned the vacation, and decided it was better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

So where do you draw the line? How much graft is involved in every aspect of daily lobbying between Big Pharma, Big Agriculture, Big Energy, the MIC ad nauseum and elected officials of every stripe? Deals made to fund useless and/or hyper-expensive military programs to "keep jobs" in some representative's state or forcing every gallon of gas to contain bio-fuel or giving huge tax breaks in return for situating an auto plant in someone's state ... The list is endless. You guys have pretty thin skins if you are so worked up over a family vacation given the magnitude of the issue in the "big picture."

Be honest: You guys have specifically focused on this one non-issue because it's Trudeau and because he's a Liberal and that just ****ing grinds your gears, to paraphrase Peter Griffin.

He -- JT -- is an idiot for not asking permission and deserves a slap on the wrist (if only for not having asked) but I still see the hubbub in this particular case as being purely ideological.

Be honest: You guys have specifically focused on this one non-issue because it's Trudeau and because he's a Liberal and that just ****ing grinds your gears, to paraphrase Peter Griffin.

He's the leader. He gets scrutinized. It's just the way it works, sorry.

So where do you draw the line? How much graft is involved in every aspect of daily lobbying between Big Pharma, Big Agriculture, Big Energy, the MIC ad nauseum and elected officials of every stripe? Deals made to fund useless and/or hyper-expensive military programs to "keep jobs" in some representative's state or forcing every gallon of gas to contain bio-fuel or giving huge tax breaks in return for situating an auto plant in someone's state ... The list is endless. You guys have pretty thin skins if you are so worked up over a family vacation given the magnitude of the issue in the "big picture."
I imagine there's much less corruption than people like to believe. Believing in widespread corruption is often just a lazy person's way of avoiding challenging questions. But it exists, and where we draw the line is at the appearance of conflict of interest, (self-interst, not public interest) or the opportunity for corruption. If a public official gets favours, in civil society it's courtesy to repay favours, so how does he do that? Does Trudeau invite the Aga Khan to HIS private island? Best he just keeps his conflicting relationships purely business while he's PM.

He -- JT -- is an idiot for not asking permission and deserves a slap on the wrist (if only for not having asked) but I still see the hubbub in this particular case as being purely ideological.
Absolutely, it's a problem that people here in particular like to complain about. That bias against Liberals doesn't mean it's a made up problem though. As you say, it IS a problem. He'll probably have to apologize and we'll all move on to the next scandal.

I hope you guys are having a good new year because it's 2018 & it's carbon tax time! Put on the lube.

Quick question, if we pay for gas & paid a tax on that, when we burn it & emit CO2 we pay another tax. Is that a tax on a tax?? That should be illegal, no?

Back
Top Bottom