A mini GS -- G310GS | GTAMotorcycle.com

A mini GS -- G310GS

Motorcycle Mike

http://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/bmw-g310gs-revealed/

The BMW G310GS will be based on BMW’s G310R naked bike, which utilizes a 313cc single-cylinder fuel-injected 4-stroke producing 34 horsepower and 21 ft-lb of torque. With its 6-speed transmission, it’s capable of a 90 mph top speed and fuel efficiency of 71 mpg on the highway.
Courtesy Motociclismo
We expect the G310GS will receive increased suspension travel and a 19″ front wheel to improve its off-road prowess. The photos show some family resemblance to the R1200GS in styling like the front beak and silver side panels, but the G310GS will utilize a conventional telescopic front fork and chain drive. A small touring windscreen can also be seen along with a luggage rack.

BMWG310GS-2a-561x482.jpg

Could be a good little adventure bike if they keep the weight off of it....

Although I am still waiting to see if the KTM 390 adventure comes to our market... that could be a bike that could replace both of mine:

2015%2F06%2Fktm-390-adventure-photoshop.jpg

350 lb - nice ...good Australia bike for me but will be stupid pricey here :(
Like the ABS for my use here.....slithered to a stop at a light on the 606s the other day.....brakes on the KLR are iffy...worse with the knobbies.

Rumours are $6-7k ...likely US - that's not out of line for ABS equipped.

Now we have India bikes to deal with. :rolleyes:
Might make it cheaper here.

It makes sense. 1200cc behemoth for "off road" isn't a tonne of fun. Well, it is a tonne of fun until it tips over and you have call upon the "power of greyskull" to get it back upright again! a 300cc adventure bike sounds like an excellent idea to me, especially if they give it a descent sized fuel tank.

an oversized aftermarket tank will probably hit the market a week after the bikes do. They are often spendy and ugly, but if you need one....

If it had an electric motor I could see riding a bike that size but, as is, flogging that lonely little piston all over big sky country might prove cringeworthy. No matter how well lubricated it may be.

I like it. Everyone else is moving towards more offerings with small bikes...surprised BMW took so long. Hell I'd even consider ridding of the CB500F for this one.

Last edited:
Holy Tuetonic Order, this is built in India? Home of the second sketchiest bike produced the Royal Enfield? Land of bus gang rapes and Gandes gift of 50ys of backwardism.
Must be a total piece of low end crap..........

Looks great but isn't that thing north of $15k for a 450 single?

071013top-i.jpg

[video=youtube;Yd6znYYcAwY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd6znYYcAwY[/video]

If it had an electric motor I could see riding a bike that size but, as is, flogging that lonely little piston all over big sky country might prove cringeworthy. No matter how well lubricated it may be.

Aren't most of what are considered some of the "best" off road bikes single cylinder?

I don't really understand this bike. Too small to really tour with yet at 350lbs too heavy for real off road work. Better off with a dual sport for what this bike is capable of.

Holy Tuetonic Order, this is built in India? Home of the second sketchiest bike produced the Royal Enfield? Land of bus gang rapes and Gandes gift of 50ys of backwardism.
Must be a total piece of low end crap..........

Yes... because KTM is going to be lax to quality control like Zongshen is, eh? They will tolerate spoked wheels being destroyed by tiny rocks or bikes showing up missing pieces, right?

Look, I know you have your heart set on owning some Chinese junk, so do it already if you are so confident. It's not my money you are wasting.

Looks great but isn't that thing north of $15k for a 450 single?

071013top-i.jpg

[video=youtube;Yd6znYYcAwY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd6znYYcAwY[/video]
Yes but it's made of unobtanium.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I know, but your so passionette about my money I'm conflicted and flattered. I wish i was as consciencious as you. Or could spell.

It's funny how the two guys on this forum that are so cheap they need to buy a Chinese bike show up in the BMW thread.... opposite ends of the spectrum boys?

I know, but your so passionette about my money I'm conflicted and flattered. I wish i was as consciencious as you. Or could spell.

I'd comment on your grammar and spelling, but I don't think it will make any difference. It's great to see the public school system at least got you to be semi-literate.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom