Colorado/Utah Fall Trip | GTAMotorcycle.com

Colorado/Utah Fall Trip

BeastieGirl

Despite the crappy weather to start out Saturday morning I'm right on schedule - Monday morning in WaKeeney Kansas and heading off to Pike's Peak, then Monday evening at Canon City.

I was out of the worst of the weather by about the time I hit London on Saturday - after that it was a mix of clouds, scattered shower and even sunshine towards the end of the day. Not bad for interstate riding - other than flicking the spray from my visor barely noticed it.

Sunday was a glorious day for riding - even on the interstates. Sunny blue skies weather in the 70s - rain gear and heated gear packed away - at least for now.

After two 1,000 kms days on the highways I am looking forward to the next five days in God's country and trying not to think about the fact that I will be doing it all over again to go home. I haven' t even planned my route home yet.

I've driven to California and back 3 times now, a different route each of those 6 drives. Give me a shout if you have any questions

Maybe you've done these routes more than me, I'm not sure, but be careful if you're crossing the rockies on the I-70 out of Denver, it goes up to 11,000 ft and the temperature can get real low. It's got mostly nice views from Denver to the I-15 in Utah though.

Safe travels

Tons of great roads in both states - To bad you don't have more time to go explore. Enjoy your trip and looking to see some great pics

So, how's Utah in October?

Beautiful :)

I didn't fall off Pike's Peak (although I did fall over in one of the pull out spots) and continued on - just haven't had time to reformat my photos into forum posting size.

Not much to say about riding from WaKeeney Kansas to Colorado Springs - although the prairies in the early dawn are quite beautiful. The Garden of the Gods is one of the most beautiful places I have ridden through - and Colorado Springs one of the scariest (don't count on green light meaning go - you will have at least 2 if not more drivers going through the red on cross streets). Pike's Peak ended up being closed part way up because of high winds at the summit - I pulled off right before the closed area to take a couple of pictures, just as \I went to put down the kickstand a combination of the grade I was on, all the gear on my bike and a nice strong gust - over we went. No real damage (bent clutch lever) but getting the bike back up against the grade against the wind, loaded with the stuff - was a struggle - took four strong men and me to direct them :)

Back
Top Bottom