1 day trip | GTAMotorcycle.com

1 day trip

joey12jet

Hi everyone, can someone give me a good route for a full day round trip for the long weekend.

Gpx or google map would be great.
Thanks a lot

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Anything that passes through Algonquin park this time of year is going to be nice. Really depends on how many kilometers you're interested in riding.

a6750e213be25dfffb063d18f0d36fec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

You're welcome. I did most of this route last weekend and it was a lot of fun. I don't know what kind of bike you are riding, but be careful on some of the roads because they are pretty twisty with some blind corners. Most of the roads were free of sand or gravel.

There is a nice place to stop for a late break at at the Minden Wild Water Preserve, which you will pass right by.

How many KM are you comfortable in doing? how many hours of ridding you call a day? Your day might be different than mine.

FOr example if I had a full day, I would go to PA instead of anything around Ontario, but that requires a full day of riding leaving at 7am and arriving close to midnight with a few stops for gas and food.

^^...also are you comfortable riding in the dark, are your headlights up to the job etc. Surprisingly a few people head out on a long day and are a bit surprised by their first night ride in the boonies wondering if their headlights are actually tealights and a piece of foil as a reflector.

^^...also are you comfortable riding in the dark, are your headlights up to the job etc. Surprisingly a few people head out on a long day and are a bit surprised by their first night ride in the boonies wondering if their headlights are actually tealights and a piece of foil as a reflector.
Xenon lights ftw

How many KM are you comfortable in doing? how many hours of ridding you call a day? Your day might be different than mine.

FOr example if I had a full day, I would go to PA instead of anything around Ontario, but that requires a full day of riding leaving at 7am and arriving close to midnight with a few stops for gas and food.

Maybe I misread, but assuming the OP wants to leave on one day, and get back the next (so a single night), that would be a lot of commuting just to get out there, only to quickly turn around and come back again.

If you were going to be out for say 3-4 days total then I'd agree, otherwise probably better to stay closer to home. Also easier to pack it up and come back early if you have to, vs being tired and facing nearly a day of interstates and highways to get back home.

As for the original question, I did a loop up north taking the 507, 118, Dyno Rd, 28, and Northey's Bay which was pleasant. Did it in about 6 hours, but have thought about doing a longer ride similar to it, continuing on to Barry's Bay before heading back South-west.

Not sure I'll get to the longer version this year though...weather will hopefully be good for riding another 3-4 weeks, but once it drops into the low teens 12 hours of riding isn't nearly as much fun as it is around 20. lol

I assume you and I have a different opinion on what a lot of miles is.

Let me give you some examples:
It is 4 hours to [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Coudersport, PA depending on where you are. If you leave at 7 am, you will be there before noon, have approximately 5 hours to ride roads and scenery you will not find in Ontario, if you are done by around 6, then you can be back by 11pm.
[/FONT]Now also remember that once you are out of the city of buffalo, the ridding is pretty nice just not that twisty so even some of those 4 hours to get there are through very scenic roads.

On the sleeping one night scenario, you can leave at 7 am, and head down to State College through some of the nicest roads in PA, you will be arriving around 5 or 6 depending of the roads you take, sleep over night and head back the next day through a different route, back in Toronto by around 6.

So I am not sure what is it that you see as a lot of commuting, since it is also a couple of hours (same time as to pass buffalo) to get to anything good up north.

Maybe I misread, but assuming the OP wants to leave on one day, and get back the next (so a single night), that would be a lot of commuting just to get out there, only to quickly turn around and come back again.

If you were going to be out for say 3-4 days total then I'd agree, otherwise probably better to stay closer to home. Also easier to pack it up and come back early if you have to, vs being tired and facing nearly a day of interstates and highways to get back home.

Thank you for suggesting an awesome route. How do I send the directions to my phone? Google says sending directions to multiple destinations is not available.

I use a gps so I'm not totally sure, but I would think it's as easy as creating the route as a .gpx file and then loading that to your phone, providing you have some sort of gps app on your phone that reads the gpx files. I use TYRE to create the routes as .gpx files.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom