What to wear to court | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What to wear to court

I'm 22 and I've never gone to court so, yeah I definitely don't know what's expected.

I don't wanna look like an absolute idiot coming in a suit which is what I would have otherwise done. Even in jeans and a dress shirt I'm the best dressed here

Here's a great life lesson my dad taught me, you can never be over dressed, but you can be under dressed.

Never feel shame for looking the best you can and making others feel ****** because they look like ****.

Don't forget another rule when it comes to suit jackets. To remember which buttons to do up follow this saying going from top to bottom "Always, sometimes, never". But undo the jacket buttons whenever you sit down, and do then back up when you stand up.

Geez...grown men don't even know how to dress themselves presentably these days. Wtf has the world come to??

Some people may have lacked good role models to learn from. But really, I'm sure a quick google search could answer just about every questions nowadays if people really bothered to take the time.

Yeah If you come in a suit and tie, you WILL look like overdressed idiot. Same goes for criminal court (on small stuff at least).

The things I've seen people wear over the years battling traffic charges is just appalling IMO. And JP's couldn't care less.

Business casual is safe.
I've seen people show up to court (traffic) in god damn pajamas before...

Geez...grown men don't even know how to dress themselves presentably these days. Wtf has the world come to??
I didn't know that people still wore suits to work in the trades, or at the bar drinking beer. That comment seems a little elitist to me.

Some people may have lacked good role models to learn from. But really, I'm sure a quick google search could answer just about every questions nowadays if people really bothered to take the time.
I'm going to respectfully disagree on this point. I would rather get that question answered by someone that may have been there done that, than some random Google answer. But I am that way with most things. #Googlephobia?

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Wow, careless for rear ending a car... was someone hurt? was it a big hit? Did you hear a loud screetching noise and was there a long skid mark on the road? Maybe he was really driving fast and careless. The cop just threw one of the heaviest charge. Interested to hear why he was charged that. He probably did get a parallegal to defend him, that's a heavy charge may even be wrong... It probably got pleaded down to following to closely or the charge may even be dropped if the officer is not there.

I didn't know that people still wore suits to work in the trades, or at the bar drinking beer. That comment seems a little elitist to me.

dude...I think everyone owns at least one button up collared shirt and pair of khakis or dress pants. If you don't, there's no excuse really as a man you have to know how to make yourself look decent, I wonder if people go around asking what should I wear to church on Sunday??

OP as far as dress goes man, just watch a couple episodes of Judge Judy and make sure you don't look like any of those idiots on the show. Go get yourself a pair of Dockers and a button up shirt.

Wow, careless for rear ending a car... was someone hurt? was it a big hit? Did you hear a loud screetching noise and was there a long skid mark on the road? Maybe he was really driving fast and careless. The cop just threw one of the heaviest charge. Interested to hear why he was charged that. He probably did get a parallegal to defend him, that's a heavy charge may even be wrong... It probably got pleaded down to following to closely or the charge may even be dropped if the officer is not there.
The video was posted here

Sent from my raven

The cop originally didn't know there was an ambulance. I had lost memory of what happened then when I re watched the video I emailed the cop saying what happened.

Any time someone gets rear ended and a cop is there they will most likely dish out a careless. It will most likely be dropped to a following too close

Sent from my raven

Hard to tell from the video if it was a big impact...Do you have pic of the damage on your car and his?
I was sent through an intersection. It was a very big impact. Her car was totalled and mine took 10 grand to repair

Sent from my raven

You are funny. I don't own a button down shirt and/or dress pants. Don't like wearing them so I don't own them. Don't much care if anybody thinks I look decent. Guess I have to turn in my man card. I wear shorts and a t-shirt to go to church. Received an award from the president of our company in shorts and a t-shirt. He just laughed at me and congratulated me on being me... :) That said, if I were charged criminally I would rent a suit and wear it. I understand that there are many shallow people who judge based on appearance....

dude...I think everyone owns at least one button up collared shirt and pair of khakis or dress pants. If you don't, there's no excuse really as a man you have to know how to make yourself look decent, I wonder if people go around asking what should I wear to church on Sunday??

OP as far as dress goes man, just watch a couple episodes of Judge Judy and make sure you don't look like any of those idiots on the show. Go get yourself a pair of Dockers and a button up shirt.

I see sorry to hear that hope no one got hurt? You were in stopping in the intersection? He's probably on his phone and not paying attention. Maybe the ticket is justified. You have to make a claim to fix your car right? That'll go against your insurance. Even if you have accident forgiveness your rates won't go down the following year. We all want our rates to go down every year. Yes dress business casual I'd say or you can wear sweater and black jeans. I don't think they'll call you to the stand, I can't think of any reason the prosecutor would want to ask you any questions. And it looks like its a clear and dry day so there isn't really any weather impacting road condition.

I was sent through an intersection. It was a very big impact. Her car was totalled and mine took 10 grand to repair

Sent from my raven

You are funny. I don't own a button down shirt and/or dress pants. Don't like wearing them so I don't own them. Don't much care if anybody thinks I look decent. Guess I have to turn in my man card. I wear shorts and a t-shirt to go to church. Received an award from the president of our company in shorts and a t-shirt. He just laughed at me and congratulated me on being me... :) That said, if I were charged criminally I would rent a suit and wear it. I understand that there are many shallow people who judge based on appearance....

lol, well it looks like you've got me beat...

It has nothing to do with being shallow. Personally I'm a jeans and t-shirt type of guy but I like to dress well when the occasion calls for it. I work in a medical office and provide people with goods and services, a professional opinion and they pay in the hundreds to thousands, now that just wouldn't go over so well if I showed up in jeans and a t-shirt in that setting. If I was working as a mechanic sure, I'd still be doing the same thing, people would be paying just as much but jeans and a t-shirt would be completely appropriate. Its all about knowing how to present yourself in a certain situation...unless you're just a clown, then feel free to do whatever the **** you want.

I'm guessing you're a grown man, been here since 2002, probably married, settled in your job so maybe you don't care whether you look decent or not, but don't go around encouraging these kids. As a young man you should ALWAYS care whether you look decent or not, you never know who you may run into. It could be a potential employer, your future wife, or just a random piece of pussy on the prowl. Personally I love good pussy, good pussy at my age cares whether you look decent or not and no way in hell I'll settle for the bottom of the barrel which many guys with an attitude like the one you portray may. They run to the first ugly fat broad looking to give their wang a wank. hahaha, I guess I just hold myself to a higher standard

As far suits go man...do you never go to weddings, funerals, dinners or galas?? If you don't think you'd look like a clown in shorts and a t-shirt you're only lying to yourself, its gets to a point where its not about you but having a sense of respect for the setting you're in and the people around you. There's nothing shallow in that, its just what people like you try to tell themselves to feel good.

Well said...mostly. :D

Jeans and t-shirt for me mostly as well, but having worked around corporate for decades before(last decade I could wear jeans to ride to work), suits are still in the closet for those occasions that demand it. It's nice to get decked out once in a while anyways. Every man should have at least one nice dark suit for those occasions that demand it.

A navy suit is a good all purpose suit, if you're only gonna have one. I wear tshirts and shorts almost all the time, partly because I work in a warehouse and partly because as a fat guy, it's comfortable. But I always feel like a million bucks when I'm dressed to the nines. I should do it more often.
@Ocean, the back of his car was majorly effed.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Well said...mostly. :D

Jeans and t-shirt for me mostly as well, but having worked around corporate for decades before(last decade I could wear jeans to ride to work), suits are still in the closet for those occasions that demand it. It's nice to get decked out once in a while anyways. Every man should have at least one nice dark suit for those occasions that demand it.

^

If you can afford a bike, and/or car, you can afford 1 nice suit which can be used for many purposes.

Back
Top Bottom