Cheapest way to get a bike from montreal | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cheapest way to get a bike from montreal

mistersouthpaw

So ive noticed that prices for used bikes are significantly cheaper in montreal. Whats the cheapest way to transport a bike back without being able to ride it back? It would just be a small little rebel 250 for my girlfriend. Could I just borrow my dads van take the seats out and throw it in the back lol? or am I looking at a uhual trailer?

So ive noticed that prices for used bikes are significantly cheaper in montreal. Whats the cheapest way to transport a bike back without being able to ride it back? It would just be a small little rebel 250 for my girlfriend. Could I just borrow my dads van take the seats out and throw it in the back lol? or am I looking at a uhual trailer?

Trailer is probably the easiest way dude. Easy to secure the bike and cheap to rent

Depends on the dinwnsions of bike & van. I've used a utility or snowmobile trailer with a wheel chock bolted in.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

IDK, who's your daddy?

If it's a standard mini van, it will probably fit. Worst case would be to loosen the handlebars and rotate them down for the trip. Measure the 2 and see. A 2x8 makes a perfect ramp. Stick a milk box under the middle for added support when loading and unloading.

yea its a caravan, the bike is an 85 honda rebel 250 that im paying 700 for.. renting a trailer is just not worth it. If you can fit two in an oddessy I can definitely fit this little bike in a caravan. Do you think id need to secure it or could I just wedge it upright behind the front seats? getting a pickup truck isnt gonna happen either

When you take the back seats out you have tie down points where the seats snap into. You don't want an unsecured load. Strap the bike to the seat mount points with ratchet or cam buckle straps to keep it from moving forward or back.

good call on the ramp. I was planning on just doing a swing toss into the back lol one guy gets the handlebars one guy gets the rear haha

UHaul purpose-built motorcycle trailer is $14.95 for 24 hours. If you have a trailer hitch it's a no brainer to me IMHO.

I checked online with uhual and it said $133 for the rental. I must have made some mistake. Either way ive made up my mind now regarding what I will do.

If you rent and return from the same Uhaul location it's $14/day. If you want to rent from one location and drop off at another Uhaul charges a fairly big penalty for that.

IMHO I'd rent a trailer any day vs trying to jam a bike into a vehicle you're not even sure it will fit into, without proper ways to secure it (it will become a missile inside the van if you jam on the brakes for some reason otherwise), not to mention any leaking fluids and such that will end up everywhere in the carpet etc, especially if you have to lay it down or put it on a weird to make it fit or something in the end.

Mini van fits two bikes, screw Uhaul.

I used a chock, and two tie downs which are mounted where you pull the seats as mentioned above.

Good point about a leaking bike tho, our bikes are in tip top shape so no fluids on the carpet, not that this van gets special attention anyways.

Last edited:
Mini van fits two bikes, screw Uhaul.

I used a chock, and two tie downs which are mounted where you pull the seats as mentioned above.

Good point about a leaking bike tho, our bikes are in tip top shape so no fluids on the carpet, not that this van gets special attention anyways.

Those bikes look so badass in there dude... I don't have a trailer hitch though. For fluids I guess I'll just put a bunch of blankets down or something

Do remember to bring a few Allen keys etc in case you do need to remove mirrors or rotate the bars for clearance.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Costs me $50 to rent a pickup from Enterprise.

Or I have a hitch on my Outlander so I could rent from U-Haul.

Back
Top Bottom