Welder/Fabricator for Motorcycle Frame Brace and Gussets | GTAMotorcycle.com

Welder/Fabricator for Motorcycle Frame Brace and Gussets

j2

My son has been racing a 1978 RM400 at some vintage races this year and is going to rebuild it over the winter.

Back in the day JT used to do a frame brace kit for the RM370 and 400 that consisted of a few rods, one or which was welded above the swingarm pivot with 2 smaller ones triangulating it. It also had 2 gussets that were welded in the V between the back of the main frame and the sub frame to stop the sub frame flexing when the shocks compressed.

I can't find a pic of the JT kit but here is something similar for a Z1000. You can see the gussets and the rod above the swingarm although in this kit there is nothing to triangulate it

frame_brace.jpg

From what I understand there is a certain technique to welding gussets. Looking for someone in the GTA that could possibly fabricate and weld these in.

I know CMR could do it but its a bit of a hike and the chances of finding an original kit or even a frame that had been modified with an original kit are absolutely 0

TIA

Last edited:
Alumaweld? on Toy Rd. in ... Pickering. Willy does a lot of mc work including frames. He did a top notch job on my motor this year.

Back
Top Bottom