Riderplus Paintjob bs | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riderplus Paintjob bs

Fair enough, but my point was that 2 (the more typical) of the 3 branding options don't apply to motorcycles...check the link I posted.

Not sure how you ended up with a "Rebuilt" brand on a MC since that's one of the non applicable ones..again, read the link.

Indeed they are. You posted the proof yourself. Motorcycles deemed to be beyond repair are branded as "irreparable".
My wife's 250 ninja was brought in from the States. Branded as "rebuilt" on the ontario ownership.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Strange. Someone may have made a mistake at the MTO....

Fair enough, but my point was that 2 (the more typical) of the 3 branding options don't apply to motorcycles...check the link I posted.

Not sure how you ended up with a "Rebuilt" brand on a MC since that's one of the non applicable ones..again, read the link.
I did read the link. Granted 2 don't apply but branded is branded. So motorcycles do get branded.

Strange. Someone may have made a mistake at the MTO....
No mistake, the bike was a 96. Not sure when it was brought over but likely before 03 when they updated the branding procedures.

I had a US bike. It wasn't rebuilt title. It could be rebuilt if it was actually written off in the states as they can rebuilt them even after being written off. Not sure if you can bring those into Canada tho.

It's not uncommon for an insurer to ask for photos before being willing to underwrite. I had a car that I had taken off the road for a few years and when I went to put it back on the road I was required to send in current photos.

Their issue with the damage may be a concern with it's structural stability. Call customer service and ask if they'd be wiling to insure it if you took and had it safetied again - the safety inspection should catch anything of concern and prove to the insurance company that the damage is purely cosmetic.

This is assuming you are only looking to insure for liability only. If you want full coverage they may very well not be willing to provide such with existing damage on the bike.

I'm not surprised at all about the pics...
Every time a buy a bike, my insurer requires me to bring it buy for then to take pics. AND THEY HAVE BEEN NEW!
Do you want insurance...jump through the hoops. Plain and simple ;)

I'm not surprised at all about the pics...
Every time a buy a bike, my insurer requires me to bring it buy for then to take pics. AND THEY HAVE BEEN NEW!
Do you want insurance...jump through the hoops. Plain and simple ;)

Well... yeah. I mean I would take pictures of the bike and myself covered in peanut butter and bees if it would get me a better rate

I would just paint the plastics, or get some vinyl or something and put that over the fairing. Just because they gave you $1300, shouldn't mean you have to spend the entire thing. As long as the damage is fixed.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Photoshop the pics and send those #FTW

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Photoshop the pics and send those #FTW

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

I crashed my brand new bike the day I got it. Only after I picked it up (and crashed it) did State Farm as for pics of it for insurance. Since the shop had it they had to take the pics. They just only took pics from the good side.

Then I fixed the fairings myself like 2 years later for less than half what the dealer wanted.

Back
Top Bottom