Riderplus Paintjob bs | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riderplus Paintjob bs

nanobots

Well folks, my bike got stolen, we settled a deals.

Now they wont insure me because the photo i sent had road rash scars on the bike. They want me to get new ferrings are they whacked.??

I don't get it. Did you buy a replacement bike that is rashed up and they won't insure that? Or are they refusing to pay out for the stolen bike because you submitted photos of rashed up fairings? Either way that's ridiculous.

Glad your stolen bike was covered.

Seeing that you're happy with them regarding your treatment/payout from your stolen bike, I'm guessing the answer should be "no".

Most times when you settle a claim and you personally get a payment instead of the repair facility being paid directly, the insurance co will want to see evidence of the repairs before they will renew your insurance coverage.

Last edited:
Well folks, my bike got stolen, we settled a deals.

Now they wont insure me because the photo i sent had road rash scars on the bike. They want me to get new ferrings are they whacked.??

"now they won't insure you"? what does "we settled a deals" mean?

why would you send pics of your bike with rashed fairings? what were you thinking? you were under no obligation to send pics. or do you mean for a new bike you are getting insured?

take the time to write your post with clear english, if you expect people to take your thread seriously. and your thread title "riderplus paintjob bs" -wtf is that about?

I think this thread is a joke or fishing trip. more questions here than info.

Last edited:
"now they won't insure you"? what does "we settled a deals" mean?

why would you send pics of your bike with rashed fairings? what were you thinking? you were under no obligation to send pics. or do you mean for a new bike you are getting insured?

take the time to write your post with clear english, if you expect people to take your thread seriously. and your thread title "riderplus paintjob bs" -wtf is that about?

I think this thread is a joke or fishing trip. more questions here than info.

Was thinking the same thing. Thought I had too much to drink to comprehend OPs message.

Thanks for the response riders.

I retained salvage for 1300, after inspecting my bike in oshawa. It was perfectly fine except the dmg to the key hole, which im highly suspicious!! (folks at the yard were really edging me to leave the bike and just take the 2300$ check from insurance.) they rreally wanted me pay to tow the bike. I had to fix my bike on the spot, took the metal shiv out the keyhole. Voila! Just gotta warm it up, put air, And drove home. I really wanted my bike, i was emotional about it and couldnt let it go. Im happy with my decision.

Ill post some pics of the bike when i start insurance shopping. It's a terrible waste of money to spend that entire 1300$ CHEQUE ON PLASTIC Ferrings for my pos kawasaki with now 19kkms.

The GUY whos stolen my bike drove it more than me that year. **** that GUY.

Last edited:
To clarify im only trying to insure my motorcycle that was stolen from me. The broker, requested photos to continue ny policy....i also sent a rosey toes reciepts for oil change, tire patch, and whatever else ted did to make Sure i had a safe riders.

So really, riderplus Paintjob bs yes indeed it kept me OFF my bike for too long now.

It's not uncommon for an insurer to ask for photos before being willing to underwrite. I had a car that I had taken off the road for a few years and when I went to put it back on the road I was required to send in current photos.

Their issue with the damage may be a concern with it's structural stability. Call customer service and ask if they'd be wiling to insure it if you took and had it safetied again - the safety inspection should catch anything of concern and prove to the insurance company that the damage is purely cosmetic.

This is assuming you are only looking to insure for liability only. If you want full coverage they may very well not be willing to provide such with existing damage on the bike.

To clarify im only trying to insure my motorcycle that was stolen from me. The broker, requested photos to continue ny policy....i also sent a rosey toes reciepts for oil change, tire patch, and whatever else ted did to make Sure i had a safe riders.

So really, riderplus Paintjob bs yes indeed it kept me OFF my bike for too long now.

I think understand what's happening here.

Your insurance company wrote off your bike upon recovery. You exercised the option to buy it back, and the insurance company gave you a cheque for the difference between the salvage value and the replacement value. You bought it back with the intention of continuing to ride it - I have done the exact same thing in the past. In theory at this point there are two outcomes - one is you theoretically repair the bike, putting the money they paid you towards that purpose and then provide proof that the bike is repaired to whatever state it was in before. The other outcome, which in my case was assumed until I offered proof of the repair, is that they continue to offer liability on the bike, but the value of the bike is now ZERO. It doesn't matter if you crash it, or if someone else crashes into you - the insurance company has already fully compensated you for the loss and will not pay out for it twice (which makes perfect sense).

Yes. Echelon. Yknow twisted...i with they offer me liability. But they literally took my fin bike. It's been a stupid lawn n garage ornament even since. I havent been able to ride at all. And ive been really butthurt about it for years now. Please look into my profile, and see my motorcycle. The scratches, rash, n cracks.

Should I bail on my insurance, or stick with them because we have a relationship.

Im not spending 1000$ on PLASTIC thats fkin insane. What should I do? Whats your insurer?

Yes. Echelon. Yknow twisted...i with they offer me liability. But they literally took my fin bike. It's been a stupid lawn n garage ornament even since. I havent been able to ride at all. And ive been really butthurt about it for years now. Please look into my profile, and see my motorcycle. The scratches, rash, n cracks.

Should I bail on my insurance, or stick with them because we have a relationship.

Im not spending 1000$ on PLASTIC thats fkin insane. What should I do? Whats your insurer?
Did they not give you $1000 to fix the plastics? And now they want confirmation that you did fix it before they insure it again for the road? Seems fishy to me.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Ok I get it your first language isn't english, and your trying you best, but it is hard to follow.

Given your last post, a couple more questions pop up.

1. when was the bike stolen? As in HOW long ago? You said the guy that stole it rode it more than you did, and that it has been a lawn and garage ornament ever since and that your butt hurt over this for a FEW YEARS now?
2. Have you contacted other insurers about insuring the bike?
3. Has the bike been just sitting in your garage for a FEW YEARS, without any coverage on it, and now you expect them to insure it without question?
4. post pics here of the bike and damage. if it is as you describe a "POS KAWI" then it could be no one will insure a damaged, previously stolen and written off bike that has been sitting for a "FEW YEARS"
5. If the bike has just been sitting for sometime and was already a POS, then why are you so attached to it? Would it not make sense to take the $1,000, (which if it has been a few years is likely LONG gone), and invest in a decent ride. Certainly wouldn't be riding a bike that Rosey Toes did a "tire patch" on a few years ago without a new tire now.

How is this still an issue 9 months later? Why are you coming on here to complain about it again?

Wanted cake, wanted to eat it too.

But as others have said, expecting the same insurance company (that paid out a writeoff on the bike) to insure it again seems unreasonable especially when you didn't make any repairs on it despite buying it back.

I had a friend who did something similar with a Saturn 8-10 years ago - hit a deer, car was wrote off....decided to buy back and fully repair it...but they had to jump through some fairly serious hoops (including have it safetied again) before they could get insurance again. Had they just called up and sent pictures of the same damaged car that had been declared a write off a month before...would you expect the insurer to underwrite it again no questions asked?

You may find another insurer willing to insure the bike but don't be surprised if they too want photos, perhaps an inspection/safety when they see the damage in said photos, and then if you want to insure it in the as-is condition, it's likely they'll only insure it for liability only, nothing more. Could be wrong here, even though it's cosmetic damage some may refuse to insure it whatsoever - it WAS written off, afterall...despite the fact MC ownerships are not branded, I'm sure there's a record of it somewhere on your claims history.

Wanted cake, wanted to eat it too.

But as others have said, expecting the same insurance company (that paid out a writeoff on the bike) to insure it again seems unreasonable especially when you didn't make any repairs on it despite buying it back.

I had a friend who did something similar with a Saturn 8-10 years ago - hit a deer, car was wrote off....decided to buy back and fully repair it...but they had to jump through some fairly serious hoops (including have it safetied again) before they could get insurance again. Had they just called up and sent pictures of the same damaged car that had been declared a write off a month before...would you expect the insurer to underwrite it again no questions asked?

You may find another insurer willing to insure the bike but don't be surprised if they too want photos, perhaps an inspection/safety when they see the damage in said photos, and then if you want to insure it in the as-is condition, it's likely they'll only insure it for liability only, nothing more. Could be wrong here, even though it's cosmetic damage some may refuse to insure it whatsoever - it WAS written off, afterall...despite the fact MC ownerships are not branded, I'm sure there's a record of it somewhere on your claims history.
Motorcycle ownerships are indeed branded here in Ontario.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Motorcycle ownerships are indeed branded here in Ontario.

No, they are not - only "irrepairable" if the frame is damaged. For the typical cosmetic writeoffs "Salvage" and "Rebuilt" do not apply.

No, they are not - only "irrepairable" if the frame is damaged. For the typical cosmetic writeoffs "Salvage" and "Rebuilt" do not apply.
Indeed they are. You posted the proof yourself. Motorcycles deemed to be beyond repair are branded as "irreparable".
My wife's 250 ninja was brought in from the States. Branded as "rebuilt" on the ontario ownership.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom