towing vehicle advise | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

towing vehicle advise

OK then, you do it your way and I'll do it mine. What do I know, I've only towed a couple hundred thousand kilometers in my life. You know, so far so good, as they say.
That's exactly the outcome you'd expect if your 'trick' made no practical difference of any kind, exactly as PP stated.

... no, that's the outcome you'd expect if a person took the time and miniscule effort to load things in their favour rather than just doing whatever the @#$% was easiest.

... no, that's the outcome you'd expect if a person took the time and miniscule effort to load things in their favour rather than just doing whatever the @#$% was easiest.
That too. Just saying your experience doesn't oppose what PP was saying at all. You might as well add a vial of holy water to your trailer and then claim "I haven't crashed yet, it must work!". Except no.

That was never a point of contention so there's no argument there - to the contrary I have supported the fact that a trailer *must* be properly loaded in order for it to be stable, and the loading positions themselves can vary as well depending on the axle placement on the trailer itself.

The disagreement was based around the assertion that on an incorrectly (or even correctly) loaded trailer, assuming the traditional standard axle placement of slightly behind the centre of gravity, the tongue position/hitch height made a difference with the resulting tongue weight and therefore the end stability of the trailer. That's the incorrect bit.

Back
Top Bottom