Months one can ride a motorcycle in GTA | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Months one can ride a motorcycle in GTA

I am often surprised when I travel to Newmarket to see my brother.
I live downtown and there will be zero snow.
In Newmarket, the snowbanks are knee deep.
So it's not so much the GTA, but where in the GTA.

Hehehehe. Right...these would of course be the hard core bikers (like myself). I have been riding bikes for 25 years, but of course I will not go to that extreme simple because I do not know/have experience riding in those conditions and also cause I have a wife and a daughter :p

But cool to know, thanks!

Cheers

In the spring, you will exit your home and it will be glorious. The trees are starting to bud, the snowbanks will be retreating.
In your heart you will feel that winter is over. But check the long range forecast on the weather website before taking out the bike.
Weather page says no more snow.
This day could arrive anywhere from mid March to late April.
In the same way, we could get snow in mid to late October, but that doesn't necessarily mean the riding season is over.
A check of the weather page says rain tomorrow to wash away the snow and highs in the teens next week.
Spring and fall weather in the GTA could be almost anything. Don't rush to get your bike out in the spring or to put it away in the fall.

Oakville kinda sucks. It's expensive to live in and you're always riding into the sun. The Beach used to be pretty good, but when lunkhead became the mayor they narrowed Eastern Avenue. They're busy doing the same to other roads, while not improving the east - west TTC. Now driving sucks, motorcycling sucks, bicycling sucks, and TTC sucks. That's my opinion anyways, but I moved out five years ago. The driving here sucks too, but there's 10% of the volume.

In the spring, you will exit your home and it will be glorious. The trees are starting to bud, the snowbanks will be retreating.
In your heart you will feel that winter is over. But check the long range forecast on the weather website before taking out the bike.
Weather page says no more snow.
This day could arrive anywhere from mid March to late April.
In the same way, we could get snow in mid to late October, but that doesn't necessarily mean the riding season is over.
A check of the weather page says rain tomorrow to wash away the snow and highs in the teens next week.
Spring and fall weather in the GTA could be almost anything. Don't rush to get your bike out in the spring or to put it away in the fall.

So true! This spring, I got caught in snow coming home from work. It wasn't enough to stay on the ground but surely was collecting on my jacket and visor. I looked like a snowman riding a motobike.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDtnzHbvxtt/?taken-by=owenthomas905

Good thread from last year on this.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?195364-Spring-WHo-s-got-their-bikes-out-or-never-put-them-away&p=2396891#post2396891

Interesting articles! Baggsy, do you suggest any good neighborhoods not super far away from the city center (like 30 mins max bike ride to work)?

We are also considering Vancouver.....it had mountains!! :p Tough to decide if you've never been.

Interesting articles! Baggsy, do you suggest any good neighborhoods not super far away from the city center (like 30 mins max bike ride to work)?

We are also considering Vancouver.....it had mountains!! :p Tough to decide if you've never been.

In Vancouver you can pay a nice cool mill to live in a discarded Ikea box. Have you considered some of the smaller cities/large towns. Way more manageable for work and play as far as I'm concerned. Depends what your line of work is. Some careers really only leave you with the big cities. I live in Kingston, we have some decent small industry here, some engineering and some small programming places, insurance industry headquarters, a medium sized university with research hospitals and a crapload of prisons. Your commute is generally measured in minutes and 6 cars is a tailback and decent houses can be had starting for $200K +. 30 mins from US border and right inbetween Ottawa, TO and Montreal on the shores of Lake Ontario. It's actually a pretty nice place to live and work.

In Vancouver you can pay a nice cool mill to live in a discarded Ikea box. Have you considered some of the smaller cities/large towns. Way more manageable for work and play as far as I'm concerned. Depends what your line of work is. Some careers really only leave you with the big cities. I live in Kingston, we have some decent small industry here, some engineering and some small programming places, insurance industry headquarters, a medium sized university with research hospitals and a crapload of prisons. Your commute is generally measured in minutes and 6 cars is a tailback and decent houses can be had starting for $200K +. 30 mins from US border and right inbetween Ottawa, TO and Montreal on the shores of Lake Ontario. It's actually a pretty nice place to live and work.

Yeah, that's a good point. I would live anywhere really, but missus does not want to be far away from a big city :rolleyes:

As for my line of work, I'm a software engineer, so most good jobs are close to a big city anyway. I'm not a fan of big cities at all, quite the opposite actually....but....

Just put some trailer wheels on the sides like training wheels so you don't wipe out on ice and ride all year.

Insurance would probably consider it an unsafe modification, though.

Yeah, that's a good point. I would live anywhere really, but missus does not want to be far away from a big city :rolleyes:

As for my line of work, I'm a software engineer, so most good jobs are close to a big city anyway. I'm not a fan of big cities at all, quite the opposite actually....but....

You could telecommute. I have friends here that have "jobs" in say Montreal but work from home most days. I used to be a big city guy too, lived in Paris for a while, Manchester in the UK etc, but Toronto..meh, it's just messy urban sprawl and not particularly interesting compared to other cities. The benefits of being outside the city well outweigh any benefits of being in it.

You could telecommute. I have friends here that have "jobs" in say Montreal but work from home most days. I used to be a big city guy too, lived in Paris for a while, Manchester in the UK etc, but Toronto..meh, it's just messy urban sprawl and not particularly interesting compared to other cities. The benefits of being outside the city well outweigh any benefits of being in it.

Yeah, definitely. I work/worked from home many times and don't mind it at all. I'm not a fan of the city at all and prefer to live/work away from it :)

NOT ENOUGH MONTHS!!!! :/

Its always either too hot or too cold, you only get like 2 months worth of perfect low 20C weather.

California is perfect for motos, for those who'd never visited.

Still, the fall months are the best - no sweating under the gear , bike runs better (air-cooled), and best of all NO FREAKIN insects!

Back
Top Bottom