OPP Probing another Stunt Video... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

OPP Probing another Stunt Video...

I just saw that. Interesting to see there will be more arrests happening.

Awesome! So glad arrests were made, and I hope they start naming names. These idiots need to be made an example of.

I wonder if these rocket scientists were GTAMers and if so, who?

Hypothetical here, for a friend of a friend of mine,

Lets say you decide to race a guyon a motorcycle . And you pass a few cars at 150km/hr+ on their dashcam lane splitting and such. Lets say one of these dash cams gets reported to the cops...what would happen? Would you get a note on your record? A knock on your door later that evening?

Sent from phone, excuse typos.

........ to race a guy on a motorcycle. ........ you pass a few cars at 150km/hr.......... lane splitting and such. ........... reported to the cops...what would happen? Would you get a note on your record? A knock on your door later that evening.

Assuming they can identify your plate # you might get a telephone call and a warning, or if the video supports this, a charge of street racing or stunt driving. You're unlikely to get a specific speeding ticket as calculating speed from a video would likely not hold up in court.
You can assume that the people charged in these two incidents will have the book thrown at them as this winds its way through the court system over the next 6 - 12 months. Police want to make an example of them to deter this type of behavior in the future.

There's another link there "Dangerous motorcyclist imprisoned" http://www.torontosun.com/2017/03/24/dangerous-motorcyclist-locked-up-for-a-year

Not sure if there was another thread on this. This is the guy riding Northbound on Yonge - an SUV turned left in front of him and he ended up colliding with a pedestrian... Caught on dashcam in-and-out passing so received the full blame...

Assuming they can identify your plate # you might get a telephone call and a warning, or if the video supports this, a charge of street racing or stunt driving. You're unlikely to get a specific speeding ticket as calculating speed from a video would likely not hold up in court.
You can assume that the people charged in these two incidents will have the book thrown at them as this winds its way through the court system over the next 6 - 12 months. Police want to make an example of them to deter this type of behavior in the future.

remember that there was a death involved in this case. And remember the "Ride of the Century" style mobs that were seen throughout the GTA last summer ? For sure LEOs have a concern with this.

Schmidt said the arrests were made possible by a long-term, in-depth investigation that saw cooperation from 11 different divisions within the OPP across the province.
“The 2017 motorcycle season is upon us and we want to get the message out loud and clear that this type of dangerous activity will not be tolerated,” he said Tuesday.

For sure the arrests were timed for spring for most awareness..

More details and description of the charges here: http://globalnews.ca/news/3339652/5...clists-linked-to-fatal-crash-in-toronto-area/

Last edited:
Well thus far, these riders, have been charged, none have yet to be convicted. IF at some point, they are convicted, I would expect that we will see the crown seeking SIGNIFICANT prison sentences. The others involved, (specifically the truck driver that was hit, which resulted in the death), will likely file, lawsuits against each and everyone of them for his/her mental distress, into the millions for each.

Certainly, none of us condone their actions. I am sure at the time, none of them anticipated, anyone dying. BUT, it serves as good notice to all who ride, things can go tragic in a heart beat. They will be paying for those few moments of "fun" for the rest of their lives, especially IF they were riding dirty. If convicted, once they get out of prison, good luck finding anything remotely close to affordable insurance, (not that I suspect that would stop them from continuing to ride).

I know the media only listed the most serious charges, but you can rest assured the list of charges will be very long.

For those of us, who ride with "action cameras", this is yet another example of why they truly can be double edged instruments. Yes they can assist you in the event of a not at fault collision, BUT, they can also assist in your downfall, if your not cautious. Also we all need to be aware, dash cams are virtually everywhere now, so your actions are likely to be caught at some point on camera.

We all know how politicians LOVE to grab the spot light. It is not unreasonable to think of someone like Auntie Wynne, (in an attempt to distract from her terrible ratings), to come up with a absolute liability law which states if your bike plate is recorded your held responsible, unless you surrender who was riding your bike at the time.

So, who's going to take their place this summer?
Oh not to worry there's plenty of them where it came from, dry roads is around the corner, and it won't be long to see them again. I travel along the 401 every night after work. Last year i saw 2 of those type of riding. And even as a rider myself i get p*%# off when they do it.

18 yr old can't afford the insurance

Since most of these idiots were running with no plates, do you think they were wasting money on insurance?

Add me to the list of people that are surprised how old they were (and not all guys).

Since most of these idiots were running with no plates, do you think they were wasting money on insurance?

Add me to the list of people that are surprised how old they were (and not all guys).

When does physical age an indication of mental age? This an milestone in equality between the sexes. She can get as much time
in the house of many doors as the men do.

Just last week one of the guys at work was telling me a "black guy on a sportbike" was running from the cops through the 401 westbound traffic, splitting lanes.

Every summer there's a new batch of morons.

Just last week one of the guys at work was telling me a "black guy on a sportbike" was running from the cops through the 401 westbound traffic, splitting lanes.

uhm mind asking the guy at your work what color was the bike, so I can watch out for it.

Well, given the relatively low temps currently, I would expect most riders to be wearing full face, gloves, and heavier jacket and pants. so unless the guy was supporting long dreads, not sure how one could determine the rider was black.

The fellow, that rear ended me on the 401 was a male, mid 30's, and definitely black, (because I spoke to him, with helmet off, before he was loaded into ambulance). So, I guess with your friends observation and my personal experience, we can conclude that any male on a sport bike, doing silly things must be by default black???

From my experience as a copper stupid knows no color, sex nor age barriers. Every sport bike, (albeit they were a LOT less powerful back then), that I engaged in a pursuit, (usually high speed), was a white male, of course back then VERY VERY few women rode or owned a bike, something which has thankfully changed. Given the rider charged, this week, in both incidents is from Richmond Hill, the chances of his being black are substantially lower.

Back
Top Bottom