Bluetooth for Helmet | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bluetooth for Helmet

MHY

Looking to buy a bluetooth device for my helmet, mainly to receive/make hands free calls from my iPhone while riding. Looking at the Evolution V1 from Daytona Motorsports for $119. Any comments/advice would be appreciated.

For about the same money after exchange you can get a set of 2 of these instead:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-1200M-...t-Interphone-Headset-6-Riders-N-/190715594466

We have a set and they are awesome. I've not used them for phone calls a whole lot (I did today and it worked fine, but not while moving) but they perform admirably for rider to rider while underway, as well as Siri etc.

Volume level of the headphones at speed can be an issue with all of these chinese intercoms vs the big name brands, but when you're saving several hundred dollars PER headset we were OK with that. Me and my wife can hold a conversation up to 80K or so without any issues, but over that and it can get dodgy...but we have modular helmets which are not known for being the quietest so I keep that in mind.

I use mine to hear GPS directions from my iPhone and my wife uses hers all day long for music...when we are not chatting.

The reviews on the V6 intercoms are generally very good, and our experience holds true to that. Range is AWESOME (genuinely over 1K) and the battery is also great - we have ridden for a full 12 hour day before and they were still going.

Sena all the way. They have a ton of different models so I'm sure one of them will fit your needs. Price might be a little higher than the one you're looking at but well worth it.

I bought a Sena10S. It's amazing! I've done a 12 hour ride and it still has battery at the end!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Sena smh10 is the best product out there IMO. I've used a few different Bluetooth devices. The Sena with the big rotating knob on the unit is definitely the best for ease of use and quality

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

For about the same money after exchange you can get a set of 2 of these instead:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-1200M-...t-Interphone-Headset-6-Riders-N-/190715594466

We have a set and they are awesome. I've not used them for phone calls a whole lot (I did today and it worked fine, but not while moving) but they perform admirably for rider to rider while underway, as well as Siri etc.

Volume level of the headphones at speed can be an issue with all of these chinese intercoms vs the big name brands, but when you're saving several hundred dollars PER headset we were OK with that. Me and my wife can hold a conversation up to 80K or so without any issues, but over that and it can get dodgy...but we have modular helmets which are not known for being the quietest so I keep that in mind.

I use mine to hear GPS directions from my iPhone and my wife uses hers all day long for music...when we are not chatting.

The reviews on the V6 intercoms are generally very good, and our experience holds true to that. Range is AWESOME (genuinely over 1K) and the battery is also great - we have ridden for a full 12 hour day before and they were still going.

Agreed. Here is my video review as well if your still interested in this bargain unit

[video=youtube;-hyVG54bSbA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hyVG54bSbA[/video]

Agreed. Here is my video review as well if your still interested in this bargain unit

Your video was one of the deciding factors for me buying these in the end. I bought them from another member here who was honest enough to tell me that they were simply not loud enough for him...a fair enough argument since I won't lie and say we didn't notice the same thing at speeds over 80 or so as mentioned, but with a quieter helmet and less wind noise (specifically on my bike, it's terrible, windshield too small) I'm sure that would be partly negated.

Overall we love them...couldn't be happier for $100 for a set.

Your video was one of the deciding factors for me buying these in the end. I bought them from another member here who was honest enough to tell me that they were simply not loud enough for him...a fair enough argument since I won't lie and say we didn't notice the same thing at speeds over 80 or so as mentioned, but with a quieter helmet and less wind noise (specifically on my bike, it's terrible, windshield too small) I'm sure that would be partly negated.

Overall we love them...couldn't be happier for $100 for a set.
That's great to hear Private Pilot! Glad to know my videos are helping people make informed decisions :)

Sena all the way. They have a ton of different models so I'm sure one of them will fit your needs. Price might be a little higher than the one you're looking at but well worth it.

I love my Sena 20S. I tried a few others before it and wasn't happy with them. There's a reason why they sell so many.

Shameless plug, I have a spare 20S that I don't use anymore. PM me if you're interested.

I bought the Evolution V1 and did not like it at all . I had it for about a month than I bought the sena smh10r and I would recommend it to anybody . Works great

Looking to buy a bluetooth device for my helmet, mainly to receive/make hands free calls from my iPhone while riding. Looking at the Evolution V1 from Daytona Motorsports for $119. Any comments/advice would be appreciated.

I have had my Evolution for about 4 years and I am very happy with it. Def. cant beat the price!

I have also read alot of reviews about it. Check out the links below.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/Handsfr...-Evolution-Bluetooth-Intercom-reviews_2134631

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...ona-Motor-Sport&highlight=Evolution+Bluetooth

search my name in the general section I think.
I did a detailed write up on the unit I bought. Works great and you can buy extra parts for other helmets.

I have had my Evolution for about 4 years and I am very happy with it. Def. cant beat the price!

I have also read alot of reviews about it. Check out the links below.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/Handsfr...-Evolution-Bluetooth-Intercom-reviews_2134631

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...ona-Motor-Sport&highlight=Evolution+Bluetooth
I was one of the reviewers in that gtamotorcycle link. I had some initial problems, but the replacement went well. Since that time, both headsets continue to have problems with the USB connector (3 units out of 3 tried/used now). The USB connector allows too much play which causes the speakers and mic to cut in and out. Unless there's continuous sound (i.e. music) I can't tell when it has "cut out" and will miss a gps voice direction or phone call. Would I buy the Evolution again? Not a chance. I'd probably even decline them if they were offered for free.

Sena smh10 is the best product out there IMO. I've used a few different Bluetooth devices. The Sena with the big rotating knob on the unit is definitely the best for ease of use and quality

+1. Mine is about 3 years old now and still rock solid/gets good battery life. Only unit I'd be tempted to replace it with is the newer Sena 20S, given it supports 2 connections chatting at the same time (eg. so I could pair my phone and another device, and have one talk over the other).

I've had a uClear unit for years and it's always worked great. I've used it paired with a few different iPhones over the years.

Slim-profile SMH10R here. Mostly use it for access to Siri and turn-by-turn GPS instructions. Used the intercom feature twice. Been flawless over the last 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom