Over priced market on Kijiji | GTAMotorcycle.com

Over priced market on Kijiji

cookid

I thought I would be able to snag a good deal on a ninja 300 abs as my first bike, with the end of the season coming up and stuff, but haven't been able to find many deals, most of everything just seem way to overpriced, is it just me or? what would you pay for a ninja 300 with low K's ?

People are usually on a first bike and financed it, now they want their over inflated price to cover their stupid *** meistake. Low ball or walk away. Probably could do btter just dealing with a stealer if you have cash in hand.

Ninja 300 is overpriced because its really popular. If you want a good deal, find a different bike to buy, there wont be any good deals on ninja 300's for the next 10 years if it follows the same pattern as the 250 (which it is).

Wait until December/January if you're not in a rush - people that really want to wash their hands of a bike will be much more flexible on price when it's snowing outside and you're the only person that has shown any interest in the bike at all in months.

If you can be patient make them a reasonable offer and leave your contact details and tell them the offers good for 2 weeks unless you've found another bike. When they don't get any bites on their overpriced bikes they will think about other offers.

I don't think kijiji is the place to go for a bike that's only a couple years (or less) old. I'd worry about how it was broken in, and for the price would just buy new. I'm fine with being the third owner of both my bikes.

A starter bike will fetch higher prices in the spring, I would expect most 300 owners to hang on to it till then. Most ads I see are the "cleaning out the garage" type. Also going with what Pilot said I started a thread about when was best to buy and someone else mentioned after the first snowfall. I would still keep an eye out, but no need to rush.

If you want a deal go with a 250 because when the influx of 300s came in the market tanked on the 250s! When I was buying my 250 the price of used was maybe 200-300$ less than new...so I bought new as that's not enough of a margin to justify going used. Plus the difference b/w a CBR250 and CBR300 isn't all that much in performance. Hell you might even be able to buy the 250, pick up a 300cc motor and no one will be the wiser.

OP, you must have moved to the province recently, because te used market on anything on with who wheels is ridiculous. Majority of sellers are delusional. It's like Ontario or Canada is the only place where bikes don't lose value.

When you hit someone with a reasonable offer to you people call you a low baller .... The best thing is to keep trying, you will eventually run into someone who needs the money. Be patient, don't fall for words like "mint" and aftermarket parts .... They mean nothing.

Don't expect too see a price less and a couple less than a new one. I thought of picking up a grom but when the used market for 2014 is avg asking is less than 200 for a 2016. No thanks. Everyone thinks their used stuff is dipped in gold.

Last edited:
The only thing that brings prices down here is desperation or competition. I watched prices on several bikes I was interested in for a couple years while I waited for insurance to work out in my favour and the only time they were at reasonable prices was in the spring when there were several competing listings. I snagged my bike this spring and then listings dried up completely. Every other bike that's come up for sale since has been $1-2k more than I paid. Ninja 300 is much more common, but for people to drop their price they need to be stuck with it for a while.

People are usually on a first bike and financed it, now they want their over inflated price to cover their stupid *** meistake. Low ball or walk away. Probably could do btter just dealing with a stealer if you have cash in hand.

+1 stupid *** meistake. Super lowball or crawl away.

It depends on your expectations.

If you see a fair deal on a clean bike thenbuy it.
If you are looking for a mint bike for the price of a beater then keep waiting.

I have sold quite a few bikes and had some debates with ppl here about how I sold my bike.
If you look for value then you will be happy and by value I mean who is the owner, the care they put into the bike...you will hear it when you speak to them and see the bike.

Really, if it comes down to a couple hundred $...I would buy the bike from the seller that took care of the bike...sleep better at night.

Find a nice bike, get it home, start working on it over winter, be ready to go in Spring when the roads are CLEAN/CLEAR.
You will be riding and having fun on your machine while everyone else is running around wasting time and settling for lesser machines.

new R3s and cbr300r are going for under $4000 out of the crate visit the factory websites
as mentioned earlier many riders are underwater with their bikes and just hoping to pay off the loan not seeing current values for new bikes

most factory summer sales are ending this week
maybe a good time to grab a deal or as stated earlier wait till the temperature drops below 10C and watch the prices drop like the leaves on trees

If you can be patient make them a reasonable offer and leave your contact details and tell them the offers good for 2 weeks unless you've found another bike. When they don't get any bites on their overpriced bikes they will think about other offers.

+1 I've bought many used bikes over the years. When I find a bike I would like to buy - but overpriced, and I make them an offer they call a low ball and refuse, I just stay friendly and say "ok, try to get what you want for it, but if you change your mind my offer stands, here is my phone number call me if you change your mind." and walk away.

doing it this way you don't offend the seller. 60% of the time the seller calls within a day or two. if you are ignorant, tell him the price is stupid, or call them delusional, they are insulted and won't even want to sell you the bike.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom