Gloves - time for a new pair | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gloves - time for a new pair

I currently own 3 pairs of Velocity gloves.
One VR Race. A couple of the seams started to go after 1 season of track only riding (8 days maybe). Had to do some stitching myself, and some by Bickell.
Two pairs of VR shorties (bought on closeout at a great deal). One pair still in packaging - the other pair has almost 2 seasons. Needed some stitching repairs like the race gloves and also a patch placed on top of the right glove to keep some tearing from proceeding further.

They're decent gloves for sure, but I'm not sure they are premium. If I paid full price for them I'd be disappointed, but at the discounted price, they're a great buy.
Really? My shorties only have maybe 1000kms on them, they look like new. The current gauntlets have probably 20,000kms on them and most of the wear on them is on the left thumb from turning the indicators on and off. One of the fingertips on the left hand I did need to stitch up a year or so ago, but that's given to the design of the gloves. With the stitching on the outside like that they're more comfortable rather than having extra leather bunched up against your fingertip. Yes it's a trade off, but I'd rather be more comfortable for 20k kms and spend 15 min every once in a while repairing a few stitches. The only complaint I have about Jimmy's gloves is that the heated ones don't have pre-bent fingers which makes them more tiring to wear. But I assume it was done that way either due to costs or just not a possibility with the heating elements in the fingers. I won't be switching to another brand any time soon assuming I'll still be able to get them when I need a new set.

All this talk of the VR PRO gloves sounds great, but are they even available anymore?

via Tapatalk

Last edited:
After using a pair of Five gloves this season I'm thourghly impressed. They're my best fitting glove yet and I've gone through a decent amount over the last few years. You actually feel the ventilation working which is very nice and surprising, I've never noticed it on any other race type glove.. They also faired quite well in my Mosport crash but to be honest I have no idea how I hit the ground or how I slid. There is wear on the palm slider but again not sure how much of an impact it took. I had no damage to my hands and will gladly be trusting my hands to them again next year.

My understanding is that he doesn't stock any, they have to be ordered and custom colours.
There's another thread going on currently. It seems that nobody can get in contact with Jimmy from Velocity, even the number is disconnected.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

My first choice is Bickle. Best value for comfort and protection. Doesn't require breaking them in, and just keeps on getting more comfortable the more you wear them.

Low-sided and slid for good distance with HELD Titans gloves. The sting ray patches and the integrity of the gloves saved my hands. All stitches held up except one finger tip burst (on the side - 1 stitch burst). And the visor wiper on the index finger works great!

Also have the KNOX handroids - full cuffs went to wife, i now own the half cuffs. Takes uber long to break them in it seems. Not bad for short rides for now.

After using a pair of Five gloves this season I'm thourghly impressed. They're my best fitting glove yet and I've gone through a decent amount over the last few years. You actually feel the ventilation working which is very nice and surprising, I've never noticed it on any other race type glove.. They also faired quite well in my Mosport crash but to be honest I have no idea how I hit the ground or how I slid. There is wear on the palm slider but again not sure how much of an impact it took. I had no damage to my hands and will gladly be trusting my hands to them again next year.

Good to know. Picked up a pair of Five RFX2 gloves recently after reading Bickle's info about replacing gloves frequently. Not the top model, but still had palm sliders and exterior seams on the fingers. Fit and ventilation was very good in comparison to other brands. The leftover white versions were on discount at Canada's motorcycle. I think they were replaced by the updated RFX3.

Back
Top Bottom