Davies HD to become Pfaff HD | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Davies HD to become Pfaff HD

Recent big box grievances involve but are not limited to purchasing a commercial grade gas dryer @ Goemans in Stoney Creek. I was ignored. That's right, ignored. I walked out and bought elsewhere.

Well they just didn't think you'd get it home on your motorcycle. You have to be reasonable about things.

Well they just didn't think you'd get it home on your motorcycle. You have to be reasonable about things.

I applaud your wit but gas dryers are mostly never in stock. Especially so the one you fancy.

Interesting. The Pfaff dealer group has a very good reputation in the auto industry, I think this will turn out well.

I really do hope the ownership change will translate into better service. I went in there last year with a real intention to buy a bike, but the salesman thought it would be a good tactic to ridicule the bike I'm now riding. "We'll get you into a real bike" kind of thing. Well I told him, and everyone else up the chain that they could shove their HD elitist attitude up their *****.

Rode into some car dealerships on bicycles.
You can imagine how some of those trips turned out.

Ended up with an Acura.

Hope the new/old bike dealership finds its niche.

I fall asleep smiling after good sex.

You get satisfied thinking a business may close and put people out of work?
Pathetic.

I'm not sure they did any work there to begin with

This is very true, and I feel has killed more than one dealer in TO. The turnaround time doesn't even have to be as long as five years

Very true! Recently had a horrible time with Ready powersports service department. Couldn't get answers from them and after complaining I was told to email Bob and got no response from him. Well after picking up my bike I chose to upgrade it. You can figure out where I didn't look. They also lost my business to store my bike this winter.

Bad service lasts a very long time in people's minds.

but the salesman thought it would be a good tactic to ridicule the bike I'm now riding. "We'll get you into a real bike" kind of thing.

Any salesperson who ever pulled that on me would be getting a closeup view of my middle finger... which would remain elevated and pointed in his direction as I departed the parking lot on my bike.

I went in there last year with a real intention to buy a bike, but the salesman thought it would be a good tactic to ridicule the bike I'm now riding. "We'll get you into a real bike" kind of thing.

Any salesperson who ever pulled that on me would be getting a closeup view of my middle finger...

Ever walk into an Apple story on your BB?

Ever walk into an Apple story on your BB?
Not sure how one would walk into an Apple story, but o.k.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Does this mean that I helped to kill McBride's?

I asked for a small bike, thinking something up to the 400-500 cc range.
Sales rep. told me I'd need at least a 750. No middle finger, but I ended up with a small bike from Ontario Cycle Salvage.

I think that most stores and salespeople are learning to adapt to the times.

I ride my wife's Vstar 650 every now and then, and honestly it accelerates every bit as fast as my 1300. Yes, it's much lighter and that has a lot to do with it, but it really amazes me. Not sure I'd buy the "You need a 750" story from a salesperson.

Sales rep. told me I'd need at least a 750. No middle finger, but I ended up with a small bike from Ontario Cycle Salvage.

#FatGuyProblems ? I can relate. Was at McDonald's by myself and ordered for the fam. Girl asked if I was gonna eat it all there or take it to go.

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Out of actual content? New shtick going from thread to thread picking out grammatical errors? How entertaining..

On the second part, yeah you and many who had similar experiences could well have been the end of McBride's. Or it could just be one of many factors

Out of actual content? New shtick going from thread to thread picking out grammatical errors? How entertaining.. On the second part, yeah you and many who had similar experiences could well have been the end of McBride's. Or it could just be one of many factors
Nah, I've always been OCD. Have to go and fix my own spelling and grammar constantly. That and my cynical/twisted sense of humour are to blame. As for fat guy problems, I'm probably 30 or 40 pounds heavier now, and on a 650. I'm not sure if McBride's didn't have small bikes in stock, didn't get good commissions on them, or what the story was. I still have some gear around from their closing sale, which I attended with mixed emotions.

Back
Top Bottom