How to extract a key? | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to extract a key?

Charli

My key got stucked so i can`t ride on my Yamaha FZ1. Maybe i need to go to the dealer or to locksmith? Can i extract it myselt? Have you even got this problem? It`s really pain in the butt.

It would help if you gave us a clue where you were. Sometimes members drop by and help others.

is the steering locked? push the handlebars a little to take the pressure off the lock cylinder?

I'm guessing you tried to pull the key out when it wasn't in the off/locked position?

Old bike?

Hammer to the key! :) (i'm not serious)

Have you tried pushing down while turning the key? Or left or right?

My keys are so worn out now if I don't push it a particular way you would never unlock the bike

Thanks a lot guys, the problem is solved. I tried water-displacing oil (WD-40) but it didn`t work out for me. It was in off position but an old key refused to leave that cosy place :) I googled nearest locksmith and found one local to me. My situation was looking like an emergency indeed).That guy helped and removed it with lubricating oil ( IDK what kind of oil it was) like in a minute. I felt almost embarassed of how quickly he did that(. Now i have a new pair of keys i ordered from Dayona Motor Sport. Anyway, i hadn`t much time to get to PC ar any device for a reply. Topic can be closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this how we're advertising now?

seriously?
you didn't think about adding even cooking oil, dish soap, KY...anything you have that is slippery

NFQ might have a point.

Back
Top Bottom