Last Pro6 Bogie Event : Questionable Maneuver... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Last Pro6 Bogie Event : Questionable Maneuver...

Was that green group? You're lucky to make it out alive! So many people are at different speeds, different lines, braking in the middle of the straight away, not accelerating at the start of the straight aways, lol :(

[video=youtube;VJgBaTyUc9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJgBaTyUc9A[/video]

My two favourite places on the track, always find people (OR GROUPS) parked in the middle of the track, or people not accelerating. I guess in green group people are still afraid of blind hills :(
Nice video, really illustrates the point. Some of those people looked like they were wandering down Front st looking for an address. There were a couple moments there that had me sucking in my breath.
I'm not hating on anyone in the video, I've never done a track day. But I've just decided that when I do it won't be with my beloved street bike. I'll look for a cheap dedicated bike, something with huge parts availability.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Here's a video from the Monday last week at Calabogie. Red group. Lots of close passes while I was stuck behind a guy going just a few seconds slower than I wanted to go. I had no intentions of making a sketchy pass.

[video=youtube;_XmVPM4H8SI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XmVPM4H8SI[/video]

Was that green group? You're lucky to make it out alive! So many people are at different speeds, different lines, braking in the middle of the straight away, not accelerating at the start of the straight aways, lol :(

My two favourite places on the track, always find people (OR GROUPS) parked in the middle of the track, or people not accelerating. I guess in green group people are still afraid of blind hills :(

Why were u riding in that slow group ???

folks in the green group look like they are trying to figure out which way the track turns go. blind turns would not help them be any less afraid.
is there a reason you wouldn't move up to yellow? im thinking after watching this vid you probally did move up? yes?

looked like there were many riders who could/should have used a slow tow to learn the track.

Last edited:
Why were u riding in that slow group ???
Because it was only my second time at the track I signed up for green and after the first session I asked to be moved to Yellow but it was full. After lunch the people I was pitted around said yellow group was even worse and told me to move up to red group but when I asked a bunch of people had moved from yellow to red group so then it was full! lol :( By this time my knee was starting to swell up lots and I got a black flag for passing that girl at the end of the video in a corner so I just called it a day.

folks in the green group look like they are trying to figure out which way the track turns go. blind turns would not help them be any less afraid.
is there a reason you wouldn't move up to yellow? im thinking after watching this vid you probally did move up? yes?

looked like there were many riders who could/should have used a slow tow to learn the track.

The only problem rider I see in this video is the guy who made the video. This is the Green group, as such you can expect novice riders. There are rules in place to accommodate novice riders. Many of the riders in this video are being led around at a slower pace so they can learn the track. This rider is suffering from litre-bike-itis, pinning the throttle on the straights and not able to control the bike coming into corners. He's being overly aggressive coming up on slower riders. There is no excuse, we can see them, he should have seen them and acted accordingly. No wonder he was black-flagged.

It is not the fault of Pro 6 if he thinks he signed up for the wrong group or that other groups were full. It is also not the fault of the other riders in the Green group, they are doing exactly what we should expect them to be doing.

Jamie has been to this track once before, he crashed out that time.

There is no excuse, we can see them, he should have seen them and acted accordingly.
I don't know if it's inexperience or what but I find it very hard to tell how fast bikes are going when I'm coming up directly behind them. At 3:16 in the video I'm doing 221km/h when I see what looks like a single rider ahead, a split second later they fan out and are 3 wide. Still not in a panic because it LOOKS like they are doing a descent speed and the corner they are coming up to is super wide and sweeping and it's not until I get closer that I realize they are almost stopped on the track. Other than riding slower and/or assuming every bike I catch sight of is stopped dead on the track, not sure what I could have done differently.

I never ever said the close calls were the fault of any of the other riders.

Back
Top Bottom