Last Pro6 Bogie Event : Questionable Maneuver... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Last Pro6 Bogie Event : Questionable Maneuver...

OnAnySunday

Not sure what the GTAM community thinks of this... I was rustled, as it forced me to grab my front brake, would have hit him if I didn't.

[video=youtube;BRqjuNb_x3Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRqjuNb_x3Q&feature=youtu.be&t=109[/video]

Occurs at 1:53

I will admit, there were a ton of crashes Monday and it was not my best lap... no reason to be a dick on the track.

Wish i'd been there. If you're there when I am there. hit me up for some advice. There is a lot more speed in that track. The "dicey" part? Not questionable, hold your line and get on the gas if you want, he left you more than a foot, and all you had to do is more a little left when they checked up a bit. More than you get in some races. She didn't need to slow down (gender neutrality, for the win!) but it was easily avoided. Move up to an advanced riding group and that is commonplace both with passing and being passed.

It's a bit worrying at first, over time you realise just how seldom this kind of incident results in a crash. Whyte and Dominguez will probably not happen again anytime soon.

Last edited:
Wish i'd been there. If you're there when I am there. hit me up for some advice. There is a lot more speed in that track. The "dicey" part? Not questionable, hold your line and get on the gas if you want, he left you more than a foot, and all you had to do is more a little left when they checked up a bit. More than you get in some races. She didn't need to slow down (gender neutrality, for the win!) but it was easily avoided. Move up to an advanced riding group and that is commonplace both with passing and being passed.

It's a bit worrying at first, over time you realise just how seldom this kind of incident results in a crash. Whyte and Dominguez will probably not happen again anytime soon.

Thanks! Will hit you up next time for some advice and tips

Not sure what the GTAM community thinks of this... I was rustled, as it forced me to grab my front brake, would have hit him if I didn't.

I will admit, there were a ton of crashes Monday and it was not my best lap... no reason to be a dick on the track.

It looks a little weird, like they checked up just when passing you. Passing into 15 isn't a great idea if you're not sure of yourself going into the turn...

Monday had a lot of crashes? Not that I saw. Only one ambulance all day and the long delay was because the second ambulance at the hospital was already out so they had to wait before coming to the track. August long weekend was way more crashy.

That was the result of several things going wrong really fast. If it was a track day I would have been rightly ****** off.

OP, the pass was a bit close but not bad. If this was beginner group then yes it was a bad pass. If you ever get passed by someone and it makes you uncomfortable there's no reason you can't go over in a CALM POLITE manner and say "that was a bit close". Heck I've apologized or done the same with pro riders. If they get defensive or angry just walk away.

That was the result of several things going wrong really fast. If it was a track day I would have been rightly ****** off.

No kidding. I was pitting with Heydorn, who was right behind you guys. He was shaking like a leaf when he came in.

Clearly you were offended by the pass as the title of the video says it all. To be honest, there was nothing unususal that I saw. It takes time to get used to closer passes and even though I've been doing this racing and trackday thing for many moons I still get surprised now and then. Remember, no one forces you to do anything. You chose to grab the front brake which is likeley the most common reaction people have. The other main reaction being that they lift and go wide. This is why I try to make most of my passes on the inside (with room for the other guy) if it is allowed. When I don't know the experince and skill level of the guy I am passing, the last thing I want is to spook a guy going while around him on the outside and have him do something that takes us both out. Getting used to a bike suddenly showing up next to you and still being able to make the best call takes time. Try to look at it this way: Neither of you crashed, so in that light you both came out of it just fine.

No kidding. I was pitting with Heydorn, who was right behind you guys. He was shaking like a leaf when he came in.

I overreved 5th, hit a strong head wind, and he was drafting. Boom, 1 badly damaged bike and one rider lucky to be sitting on his *** for 5 weeks going insane reading Gtam.

I'd say you should focus on getting on the racing line. And coasting less - when he passed you it looked like you were transitioning from acceleration to coasting which to a faster bike behind you can look like braking.

If you were on the outside edge of the track with nowhere to go but grass I'd say bad pass. As soon as he started to show you a wheel-you need to prepare for or begin taking an alternate line. There's a ton of track to your left at that moment.

I'm just trying to be helpful but overall I would worry about coasting less, using the whole track and not worry about who is coming up behind you - until it's in front of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That wasn't bad at all but I am used to a hell of a lot worse, not sure what group you were running and that makes a difference on your perception.

Regardless of the incident, remember that coasting is the greatest lap time killer for the most part.

To me, this is a poor pass. It's the responsibility of the rider making the pass to do it safely. Sandy was maybe a bit lax at the riders' meeting Monday, almost everyone had been there before and should know the passing rules. Earlier in the year he would go to length explaining passing technique in the different groups. In each case it is "make it safe", if you can't make it safe, wait for a better opening. Another was to "stay on your line".
In this case the passing rider did not stay on their line, they moved over and took the line of the bike they were passing.
They would have got away with this in the red group, but should have been flagged for it in yellow or green. The speeds lead me to believe this is quick green or maybe yellow, in which case they should have been flagged as this isn't a passing area and caused the bike behind to check-up.

To me, this is a poor pass. It's the responsibility of the rider making the pass to do it safely. Sandy was maybe a bit lax at the riders' meeting Monday, almost everyone had been there before and should know the passing rules. Earlier in the year he would go to length explaining passing technique in the different groups. In each case it is "make it safe", if you can't make it safe, wait for a better opening. Another was to "stay on your line".
In this case the passing rider did not stay on their line, they moved over and took the line of the bike they were passing.
They would have got away with this in the red group, but should have been flagged for it in yellow or green. The speeds lead me to believe this is quick green or maybe yellow, in which case they should have been flagged as this isn't a passing area and caused the bike behind to check-up.

^That's my assessment as well. I often want to pass riders at this turn but usually abandon the maneuver because I don't feel I can do it safely (I let off at the crest of the hill cause I'm a wuss lol).

Unless there is a large difference in rider pace through there it's a bad place to pace. Bad things happen when people get pushed wide in 15.

I think I've only ever passed one bike 14 to 15, a 250, the only bike mine would "out grunt" sufficiently up that hill.
Otherwise I hold back a bit to make up some speed differential at the top of 16, make the pass 16 to 17. Sort of like the second pass in this video.

Exactly, same here. I've passed around the outside of 15 a few times, but usually save the pass for the exit of 16.

If there is a good speed difference I love passing on the outside of 15. Lotsa room out there but it's high speed so gotta respect it.

if it was beginner group i would let the video title stand. for red or yellow group it was barely rude. if this was beginner group passing rider may want to move up.

Not a terrible pass but not a great pass either. He should have stayed on the inside instead of moving over so soon after passing you. The natural line would put the rider sweeping to the left to setup for 15, but the leftward motion was rather abrupt right after passing you plus the rider braked. From that riders point of view they cannot see you after they are past and assume they are now free to take their preferred line so I could see why it happened.

At the end of the day nobody crashed so no big deal.

Good to see the bike is still going strong and didn't get banged up!

Not a terrible pass but not a great pass either. He should have stayed on the inside instead of moving over so soon after passing you. The natural line would put the rider sweeping to the left to setup for 15, but the leftward motion was rather abrupt right after passing you plus the rider braked. From that riders point of view they cannot see you after they are past and assume they are now free to take their preferred line so I could see why it happened.

At the end of the day nobody crashed so no big deal.

Good to see the bike is still going strong and didn't get banged up!

Agreed, no crashing = good

Taking care of bike, been good!

ir4ut9ph.jpg

g2U0megh.jpg

Was that green group? You're lucky to make it out alive! So many people are at different speeds, different lines, braking in the middle of the straight away, not accelerating at the start of the straight aways, lol :(

[video=youtube;VJgBaTyUc9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJgBaTyUc9A[/video]

My two favourite places on the track, always find people (OR GROUPS) parked in the middle of the track, or people not accelerating. I guess in green group people are still afraid of blind hills :(

Back
Top Bottom