Bike vs Bike Head on Mulholland. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike vs Bike Head on Mulholland.

The forks just don't compare, except if you're just talking traffic. Mulholland is soo much longer. It would be great if you were the only one on the road, but California is a crowded place. I found some of the canyon roads further north much less travelled and safer. The coast highway is also very busy between L.A. and Frisco so forget that for high speed ripping.
I kinda meant a lot of riders going there for a little road and people just hanging around. Lots of pedestrian traffic.

Nah, most will just ***** and whine endlessly about how they too would rather pay $200/year for insurance. Because nobody ever wrecks or gets hurt on a bike, it'll never happen to me type mentality.

Be fair. There are many of us who only make the comparison to other Canadian jurisdictions, with the same loath for Ontario policy and price.

No, but that is not the point I was making which I suspect you are fully aware. On the off chance you are not just muck raking I'll explain.

A poster indicated they thought late apexing was only a technique used on the street. The response was a sarcastic remark about track experience not being useful on the street. I just pointed out that there are times on a track that you late apex. But I'm sure you already know all of this...

So the racing line on that corner in the video is the same as the safest line through the corner when there's opposing traffic?

No, but that is not the point I was making which I suspect you are fully aware. On the off chance you are not just muck raking I'll explain.

A poster indicated they thought late apexing was only a technique used on the street. The response was a sarcastic remark about track experience not being useful on the street. I just pointed out that there are times on a track that you late apex. But I'm sure you already know all of this...

I am aware that the racing line is seldom the safest one to take on a road with opposing traffic and other obstacles, and that was what other posters were saying too.

You've been trolled, ddusseld. lol. On going crap on GTAM - whether or not track riding skillz can translate to the street. Since there are no blind corners on the track this yet another example of where even the technique of late-apexing does not translate to the street. On the street one would try to hit an apex later for visibility and to see what's next in the road (all likely unknown). On the track you already know what's coming - and sure as **** it ain't oncoming traffic, so you late apex to go as fast as possible (racing line)

On the track you already know what's coming - and sure as **** it ain't oncoming traffic, so you late apex to go as fast as possible (racing line)

LOL. A late apex on a track is not the fastest way around a corner, nor is it the racing line per say. So much wrong here.

And a lot of other irrelevant spin in this thread, from track doesn't help to insurance in the US. So many people pushing their own agendas with zero logic.

IMO, it wouldn't matter too much where the rider was situated in that corner. The other rider target fixated and rode right into him. Would likely have happened whether on the inside or outside line. Another line of thought is that the inside line on the corner is more safe because it has more outs (left and right). Nothing is black and white, though many here will tell you otherwise.

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks there are no blind corners on a track has never ridden a three-dimensional one. Calabogie and Mosport both have blind corners.

Track experience isn't all about "the racing line". It's about control.

Anyone who thinks there are no blind corners on a track has never ridden a three-dimensional one. Calabogie and Mosport both have blind corners.

Track experience isn't all about "the racing line". It's about control.

Something the guy riding in both lanes could learn

LOL. A late apex on a track is not the fastest way around a corner, nor is it the racing line per say. So much wrong here...

Sorry, I just wanted to verify with you that you think I'm as dumb as you think I am, and I'm reading your comment correctly.. Meaning you think I think a late apex is the fastest way around every corner and is THE racing line.

Turn 2 of mosport would have these naysayers ******** their pants. :)

I thought about that, but I don't think you know what a blind corner is then. Once around and you know what to expect and where to turn in, and at what speed (in a round about way) and you sure as **** know there won't be oncoming traffic. Anyways... Can't argue with stupid. ;)

Sure as hell can troll it though!

Last edited:
I thought about that, but I don't think you know what a blind corner is then. Once around and you know what to expect and where to turn in, and at what speed (in a round about way) and you sure as **** know there won't be oncoming traffic. Anyways... Can't argue with stupid. ;)

Sure as hell can troll it though!

A blind corner is where you can't see the exit. Doesn't matter if you know the corner or not. Turn 2 at Mosport you sure as hell better be turning before you see the exit or your in deep trouble or your really slow.

A blind corner is where you can't see the exit. Doesn't matter if you know the corner or not. Turn 2 at Mosport you sure as hell better be turning before you see the exit or your in deep trouble or your really slow.

Sigh.. NVM. Point clearly not getting across.

Maybe green group guys head out in the opposite direction to help the red group guys hone newb avoidance skillz through said blind corners?

... never tracked tho, so can't be sure of protocol.

I got your point, the example of a blind corner was correct. A blind corner on the street is different?

Maybe Green group guys head out in the opposite direction to help the red group guys hone newb avoidance skillz through said blind corners?

... never tracked tho, so can't be sure of protocol.

Nope you've got it. Track riders cannot ride on the street, we don't posses the skillz.

Nope you've got it. Track riders cannot ride on the street, we don't posses the skillz.

You really don't get it; in particular the humour of it all. Truly priceless responses ;)

p.s. this all started with reference to sticking to the outside through a blind corner to potentially avoid the rockstars coming in the other direction... it's somehow now about late apexes and fastest lines.. that makes no sense in the given scenario now does it.

Last edited:
You really don't get it; in particular the humour of it all. Truly priceless responses ;)

p.s. this all started with reference to sticking to the outside through a blind corner to potentially avoid the rockstars coming in the other direction... it's somehow now about late apexes and fastest lines.. that makes no sense in the given scenario now does it.

I never said it did. I just stated what a blind corner is. As far as the video goes it was the rider crossing the line who caused it and if the rider who was filming had of swerved and hit the gas he possibly would have avoided the collision. Maybe?

I think the point was that on the street a blind corner could be one never encounterd before and so you have no idea what's going to happen as you go round, thus it's safer to take the line that gives you maximum vision. On the track you might have a blind corner but after the umpteenth circuit you sure as **** know what's round the other side.

I think the point was that on the street a blind corner could be one never encounterd before and so you have no idea what's going to happen as you go round, thus it's safer to take the line that gives you maximum vision. On the track you might have a blind corner but after the umpteenth circuit you sure as **** know what's round the other side.

So on the street you have a more blinderer corner, track corners aren't so blind, ok got it.

I believe we're now talking about the unknown more so than what type of corner, no?

If you think you're always going to know what's on the other side of any corner street or track you're wrong.

So on the street you have a more blinderer corner, track corners aren't so blind, ok got it.

I believe we're now talking about the unknown more so than what type of corner, no?

If you think you're always going to know what's on the other side of any corner street or track you're wrong.

Unknown knowns vs known knowns yep. No, a Martian could land on the other side of a blind corner and you'd never know until you exit but my guess is there's not a contingency plan for that on the track as you're doing your best to get round as quickly as possible and the marshals might let you know about said alien. It makes sense on the street to be cautious.

Back
Top Bottom