Bike vs Bike Head on Mulholland. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike vs Bike Head on Mulholland.

kiwi

yikes!!

[video=youtube;Gfqa_ulcg0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfqa_ulcg0Y[/video]

It is interesting the watch the oncoming bike stand up when he hammers the brakes.

You'll notice that the guy ahead of the camera was way to the right, while the camera guy and many others were all crowding the line.

You'll notice that the guy ahead of the camera was way to the right, while the camera guy and many others were all crowding the line.

Riders in both directions were damn close to the line. I try to leave more room to allow for mistakes.

Absolutely, the safest way through a blind corner is to turn in as late as possible. I notice lots of riders have a habit of entering turns too early. Tends to make you run wide on exits and it's dangerous to ride the line for obvious reasons. That had to freaking hurt, but much better to hit a bike like that than a pick-up truck.

Ouch. looked like some serious target fixation from the clown that hit him but agreed, not a lot of leeway left there being so close to the line.

Edit: LOL is a GoFundMe page link normal on these videos? Yay 'Murrica.

Absolutely, the safest way through a blind corner is to turn in as late as possible. I notice lots of riders have a habit of entering turns too early....

That's because hardly anyone does track days. Tons of blind corners on tracks. Late apex bro. I hear ya.

I was on Mulholland this summer, in June. Loaded with bikes, fast cars, a lot of them driving real sketchy. I was glad to get off it quite frankly.

Had a group of sportbikes come around a bend on the 507 last Friday on my side of the road. Apparently there was a few wild turkeys on the shoulder, and they wanted to give them the lane. Thankfully I left a big margin for error on my side, and once they saw me they went back over onto their side of the road.

Was essentially a 'non event', but had both of us been going faster who knows.

I was on Mulholland this summer, in June. Loaded with bikes, fast cars, a lot of them driving real sketchy. I was glad to get off it quite frankly.
LAs version of "the forks "?

That's because hardly anyone does track days. Tons of blind corners on tracks. Late apex bro. I hear ya.
I thought late apex was for street, because of two way traffic?

Had a group of sportbikes come around a bend on the 507 last Friday on my side of the road. Apparently there was a few wild turkeys on the shoulder, and they wanted to give them the lane. Thankfully I left a big margin for error on my side, and once they saw me they went back over onto their side of the road.

Was essentially a 'non event', but had both of us been going faster who knows.

Isn't it interesting that when a lane is closed by parked cars, dumpsters or, in your case, wild turkeys the people using that lane automatically assume they can take over the oncoming lane.

Yet another statement made by somebody who has probably never been on the track. You also late apex decreasing radius turns which *shock* exist on the track. You can also late apex to square off a corner to get on the gas earlier.

Make sense! :eek: Yet another thing track riding can't help you with on the street. No blind corners on a track.

LAs version of "the forks "?

The forks just don't compare, except if you're just talking traffic. Mulholland is soo much longer. It would be great if you were the only one on the road, but California is a crowded place. I found some of the canyon roads further north much less travelled and safer. The coast highway is also very busy between L.A. and Frisco so forget that for high speed ripping.

Yet another statement made by somebody who has probably never been on the track. You also late apex decreasing radius turns which *shock* exist on the track. You can also late apex to square off a corner to get on the gas earlier.

So the racing line on that corner in the video is the same as the safest line through the corner when there's opposing traffic?

Edit: LOL is a GoFundMe page link normal on these videos? Yay 'Murrica.

Everybody loves to "envy" their $200-$300 / year motorcycle insurance rates we all read about, but fail to comprehend or appreciate that you get what you pay for...so when people wreck they get little or nothing in wage or medical compensation.

So yeah, GoFundMe is and the such is the only way to make ends meet.

Everybody loves to "envy" their $200-$300 / year motorcycle insurance rates we all read about, but fail to comprehend or appreciate that you get what you pay for...so when people wreck they get little or nothing in wage or medical compensation.

So yeah, GoFundMe is and the such is the only way to make ends meet.

I hadn't seen it before but it makes sense. There's a huge thread on ADVRider about not being underinsured in the US with some extremely sad stories there. Definitely worth a read for those complaining about our insurance industry.

There's a huge thread on ADVRider about not being underinsured in the US with some extremely sad stories there. Definitely worth a read for those complaining about our insurance industry.

Nah, most will just ***** and whine endlessly about how they too would rather pay $200/year for insurance. Because nobody ever wrecks or gets hurt on a bike, it'll never happen to me type mentality.

Back
Top Bottom