Road Rage: Jeep slams into Harley Rider | GTAMotorcycle.com

Road Rage: Jeep slams into Harley Rider

kiwi

Harley guy manages to keep the bike up !

[video]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a09_1473307779[/video]

Damn. I hope that cop going the other way saw that. Looked like two morans coming together.

kinda weird, rider wasn't even alone, suv dude(?) must be on dope or something pulling a move like that & looks like the suv then took off thinking/dreaming?! ~ "i'm outa here" lol

must not have clue that keeping up would be chicken feed

wonder what happened next

Like I've said many times in the past, smashing mirrors, or attempting to is idiotic as all it takes is a jerk of the steering wheel and you're dead. Unless you're flying by with a foot aimed at their mirror, it doesn't take much more than a second for them to turn into you.

Obviously a lot of missing content prior to what led up to this incident where the cruiser was already trying to pace the suv to do some damage.

If you want to vandalize someones property, expect them to retaliate.

Probably going to take some heat with people saying "It's not an excuse to take someone's life", but not putting yourself in that situation to begin with would be a start to not give someone an excuse to act out.

That looks like attempted murder to me. Some might think that's a little excessive but that's what I see.

People need to let things go. I can't count how many times I've been cut off or had somebody do something stupid while I'm riding, I just ignore it and either slow down or (more likely) speed up to put as much space as possible between them and myself. Nothing good will come out getting in an argument with some random idiot.

The cruiser guy looked like he motioned with his arm before the jeep swerved into him... I wonder what that was all about...?

SICK skills though for keeping the bike upright!

Regardless of what's going on between them; the Jeep wins because even with a bunch of other bikers chasing him, if he's got a full tank of gas, those bikers will never catch him LOL

O.k. All we know is from the original clip.

A whole gang of bikes is following him.

One of them pulls up right beside him and allegedly starts trying to punch through the window.

What would a reasonable person do?

A. Pull over and attempt to exchange information.
B. Ditch the guy and head for the nearest Police station.
C. . . .

That looks like attempted murder to me. Some might think that's a little excessive but that's what I see.

Looks like attempted suicide to me.

The cruiser guy looked like he motioned with his arm before the jeep swerved into him... I wonder what that was all about...?

Regardless of what's going on between them; the Jeep wins because even with a bunch of other bikers chasing him, if he's got a full tank of gas, those bikers will never catch him LOL

he was trying to damage the jeep. 2 idiots.

In Canada that would be considered excessive force *if* the guy on the bike got hurt. I don't know what it is in the United States with their wacko laws. Something got the guy on the Sportster angry. He looked kind of young, and he was obviously with a bunch of his buds. Doing what he did is not smart. If he wanted to confront the guy he should have quietly followed him to a stop then waited for him to get out. A car can quickly turn into a deadly weapon, especially with a guy who already proved to you he's willing to use it that way.

Not as it stood in the video the OP put up. In the video one would be hard-pressed to argue you felt your life was in danger at that moment.
What would it take for you to feel that way then? Would they have to have broken your car? Broken into your car? Ripped a door off? Pulled you out? Beat the stuffing out of you? Killed you? Or would a verbal threat and following you in anger be sufficient?

Like I've said many times in the past, smashing mirrors, or attempting to is idiotic as all it takes is a jerk of the steering wheel and you're dead. Unless you're flying by with a foot aimed at their mirror, it doesn't take much more than a second for them to turn into you.

Obviously a lot of missing content prior to what led up to this incident where the cruiser was already trying to pace the suv to do some damage.

If you want to vandalize someones property, expect them to retaliate.

Probably going to take some heat with people saying "It's not an excuse to take someone's life", but not putting yourself in that situation to begin with would be a start to not give someone an excuse to act out.

Pretty much agree. Blind rage doesn't see the long term consequences.

In this case up here the Jeep driver could get charged with numerous criminal offences and the courts don't take street justice lightly.

The Sportster has a pretty small tank, I was usually looking for gas after 100 miles. The rest of the bikes appeared to be sport bikes with limited range. However a traffic light and filtering could be an equalizer.

kinda weird, rider wasn't even alone, suv dude(?) must be on dope or something pulling a move like that & looks like the suv then took off thinking/dreaming?! ~ "i'm outa here" lol

must not have clue that keeping up would be chicken feed

wonder what happened next

A piece of **** sportster is not going to keep up with a jeep with a v8 in it...even bigger HDs are just gonna run out of RPMs and the jeep is gonna still be going.

"keeping up would be chickenfeed" - not on what they are riding.
The jeep ****** probably did something to bring on the attempted mirror breaking, but still a dumb idea if you're on a slow/for looks bike.

If you're gonna break mirrors, you do it on the way past going about 80km/h quicker than the vehicle and dissappear after...you don't ride up beside him like an idiot and reach over.

A piece of **** sportster is not going to keep up with a jeep with a v8 in it...even bigger HDs are just gonna run out of RPMs and the jeep is gonna still be going.

"keeping up would be chickenfeed" - not on what they are riding.
The jeep ****** probably did something to bring on the attempted mirror breaking, but still a dumb idea if you're on a slow/for looks bike.

If you're gonna break mirrors, you do it on the way past going about 80km/h quicker than the vehicle and dissappear after...you don't ride up beside him like an idiot and reach over.

did i say both were idiots? now 3.

What would it take for you to feel that way then? Would they have to have broken your car? Broken into your car? Ripped a door off? Pulled you out? Beat the stuffing out of you? Killed you? Or would a verbal threat and following you in anger be sufficient?

It's as per Canadian Criminal Code and Law... and it's entirely upon how you articulate it all on the stand, and for each person it's different. For example. A tiny 4' female fighting a 6' MMA-looking male very well might be able to articulate that she felt her life was in danger with him just about to punch her, so she shot him dead. Doubt a 6' MMA-looking male against a 6' MMA-looking male could articulate the same and have it believable.

I can't fathom how one could argue they felt their life was in danger from the act of the rider punching at the window. I'd suggest 100% of the time that act alone won't result in you dying.

Back
Top Bottom