Corduroy trail ride | GTAMotorcycle.com

Corduroy trail ride

Ash

Site Supporter
Has anyone done the RallyConnex Corduroy trail ride? This is the casual trail ride, not the enduro competition: http://www.rallyconnex.com/cordinfo.html

I haven't ridden around Gooderham yet and I like the idea of getting an intro to the trails via their GPS track. Any idea what facilities they have for setting up everyone's GPS on Friday? I'd rather not drag a laptop around just to load the tracks.

I havent done the Cord with them but have done quite a few of the other rides. They will load up your GPS for you and typically give a quick powerpoint style overview of the route as well. I have always been impressed with RallyConnex

Mini review: I signed up for the Saturday trail ride and it was excellent. I went up on Friday and camped out with all of the Corduroy Enduro guys.

RallyConnex loaded everyone's GPS Friday night. Having the GPS routes laid out for you is really, really nice and is well worth the price of admission alone.

The number of riders was fairly small, maybe 20 or 25 bikes in total. I attached myself to an informal group of 5 or 6 guys who had very similar pace, including a couple of WR250Rs which really impressed me. I typically ride alone, but having the group around in unfamiliar territory was both fun and prudent.

The terrain was very different than the sandy Ganaraska that I'm used to. Lots of loose rocks, big smooth rock ledges, and lots and lots of deep puddles. It was all good fun, and I'd totally sign up for this again. Everyone in our group was getting tired by late afternoon and we bailed out a bit early. By that point we'd met up with some of the straggler Cord competitors on a transit section and they looked absolutely exhausted.

I've done the cord twice, 2010 and 2011. The RallyConnex way seems more like fun!

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom