Pirelli SC3's - Anyone try them? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Pirelli SC3's - Anyone try them?

BigEvilDoer

Hi..
Considering trying the Pirelli SC3 track day / endurance slicks next year.
Has anyone here tried them yet? Any review or feedback?

Want something that lasts a little longer in the rear - tired of buying scrubs which last for a day and need to change them, or GPA's which last 3 days or so....

I think "cjbenedict" has run them.
He had a few pairs of scrubs in his garage.

Hi..
Considering trying the Pirelli SC3 track day / endurance slicks next year.
Has anyone here tried them yet? Any review or feedback?

Want something that lasts a little longer in the rear - tired of buying scrubs which last for a day and need to change them, or GPA's which last 3 days or so....
. Hi my bud is running them. He was on them on Tuesday with you guys, 4 good days on the fifth day they started to tear up. Asked Kevin Graham about the tearing and he said after 4 or 5 heat cycles they are pretty much done. I was using the last set of superbike pros, I will be on sc3 next year. sc3 stick better than the superbike pros I would say 98% of an sc2 which I only get 2 days out of the rear. So they work very well for 4 days maybe 5 if you're lucky.

Last edited:
Thanks...
Looks like I may have to give these a whirl...

Still trying to verify if the SC3 is the replacement for the Superbike Pro as per rumor on the internet. I’m assuming that the SC3 will need warmers whereas the Superbike Pro can be run without warmers, if anyone has firsthand knowledge, please advise. Looking for a replacement for the Dunlop Q3.

You are correct warmers needed, pirelli sp no warmers work pretty well, but only two mosport days and the rear is toast for me red group pace, mezteler racetec k3 no warmers, a little better than pirelli sp 3 days on the rear, but neither get up to operating temperature on the street, unless u go somewhere twisty.

Back
Top Bottom