******* taxi drivers | GTAMotorcycle.com

******* taxi drivers

mistersouthpaw

Anyone else sick of these ********? My girlfriend was run off the road 2 weeks ago by a taxi and hit a mailbox on her bicycle. Today I almost get side swiped by some jerk off taxi trying to get no where really quickly...

We exchanged the customary pleasantries but I still don't feel satisfied lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha the Uber revolution.. I'd walk 25km before I took a cab if I couldn't get Uber

Re: ******* taxi drivers

Wouldn't the taxi drivers just start driving for Uber though?

At least they'd have to try to be polite if not half pleasant if they want good ratings to remain a uber driver

Despite media reports, I think if you are bringing in the bucks for Uber, they don't care about your manners.
Or lack thereof.

Nothing new here. They have been pricks since the beginning of time

Got cut off a few times in the last 2 weeks alone by those pricks. I refrain myself from throwing insults at them so far; I hope I won't lose it one day.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

was a light this morning and a taxi pulled up beside me. I'm like " get the **** out of my space." He couldnt have got through if the bike behind me 2upping actually knew what staggered formation was. Then said 2upper followed about 10 feet behind me the whole way down Don mills. F*** PEOPLE! LEARN TO RIDE

was a light this morning and a taxi pulled up beside me. I'm like " get the **** out of my space." He couldnt have got through if the bike behind me 2upping actually knew what staggered formation was. Then said 2upper followed about 10 feet behind me the whole way down Don mills. F*** PEOPLE! LEARN TO RIDE

I feel your frustration lol

oops my bad, was trying to see what brand of tires you are using...I like the tread pattern

At least they'd have to try to be polite if not half pleasant if they want good ratings to remain a uber driver

Nice pipe dream .... Like we have never heard of fudged on-line reviews etc.??

Why would you expect a rider who does not know you to rider in staggered formation with you? I treat all bikes just like cars if I don't know the rider. It is not suddenly a group ride when I come up on another rider. Not saying I would tail gate you but I would still be holding my blocking position. I have no idea how you ride or what you may or may not do. So I err on the side of caution.

Why would you expect a rider who does not know you to rider in staggered formation with you? I treat all bikes just like cars if I don't know the rider. It is not suddenly a group ride when I come up on another rider. Not saying I would tail gate you but I would still be holding my blocking position. I have no idea how you ride or what you may or may not do. So I err on the side of caution.
That's why you ride staggered when you get closer. Sure keep a blocking position if you are a few car lengths back. But this guy was about 5-10ft behind me. And had he been in a proper blocking position at the light the taxi wouldn't have been able to pull up beside both of us. This is common sense.

or you just wheelie past them whilst giving thumbs up...I know, I know, you are in recovery trying to break old habits.

There is no ****ing way I'd join up with a stranger and ride staggered.

The only thing to ***** about was buddy behind you tailgating.

Cabs and truckers are notoriously bad in the GTA. Try and maintain some space is my only recommendation.

You probably have a skinny motorbike and were too close to the edge of the lane / dividing line. Move inwards a little, notwithstanding any center oil patch. To move up beside you, they should have to come close to the curb (or their wheels into the left lane if they're passing you on the left)

Last edited:
You guys are crazy. If I come up behind another bike I will stagger it a) because I can use them to block that side for me and b) I have an out on the free side if anything comes up and C) I have a better line of sight when there isn't anyone directly in front of me. Motorists can see 2 staggered bikes better than 1 row of then on one side. Sure there's exceptions to this ie I'm headed to a different lane or I don't trust a car beside me but in general I follow this rule for better visibility and my safety. It's not just for "group rides"

Regarding the lane position I was in the left tire track. Taxi pushed thru like a dick.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom