******* taxi drivers | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

******* taxi drivers

Re: ******* taxi drivers

I agreed that the cabbies here are terrible.

I ride my own ride. Always. Never ride with strangers, can't rely on them.

I just pointed out your anger was misdirected imo. No matter what I'm not riding for you.

Just curious on who told you it is not just for group rides? Ever since I've been riding I've always been told to ride my own when I am riding solo.

Plus it's creepy as hell to all of a sudden pick up a tail. Go find your own group, I want no part of that

You guys are crazy. If I come up behind another bike I will stagger it a) because I can use them to block that side for me and b) I have an out on the free side if anything comes up and C) I have a better line of sight when there isn't anyone directly in front of me. Motorists can see 2 staggered bikes better than 1 row of then on one side. Sure there's exceptions to this ie I'm headed to a different lane or I don't trust a car beside me but in general I follow this rule for better visibility and my safety. It's not just for "group rides"

Regarding the lane position I was in the left tire track. Taxi pushed thru like a dick.

and if he continually switches sides, speeds up and slows down suddenly . . . ?

I just pointed out your anger was misdirected imo. No matter what I'm not riding for you.

Just curious on who told you it is not just for group rides? Ever since I've been riding I've always been told to ride my own when I am riding solo.

Plus it's creepy as hell to all of a sudden pick up a tail. Go find your own group, I want no part of that
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. A lot of people ride this way.

I actually agree with everything you wrote.

I don't follow any rider but if we happen to be occupying the same stretch of road or HWY and I find myself behind, I would ride stagger for all the reasons you mentioned, normally only lasts a couple of minutes anyways.

When riding in a group one of the reason to stagger is to position block cars from entering your lane, not sure how that changes just because the two riders don't share a coffee together.

You guys are crazy. If I come up behind another bike I will stagger it a) because I can use them to block that side for me and b) I have an out on the free side if anything comes up and C) I have a better line of sight when there isn't anyone directly in front of me. Motorists can see 2 staggered bikes better than 1 row of then on one side. Sure there's exceptions to this ie I'm headed to a different lane or I don't trust a car beside me but in general I follow this rule for better visibility and my safety. It's not just for "group rides"

Regarding the lane position I was in the left tire track. Taxi pushed thru like a dick.

I actually agree with everything you wrote.

I don't follow any rider but if we happen to be occupying the same stretch of road or HWY and I find myself behind, I would ride stagger for all the reasons you mentioned, normally only lasts a couple of minutes anyways.

When riding in a group one of the reason to stagger is to position block cars from entering your lane, not sure how that changes just because the two riders don't share a coffee together.
Did..did hell just freeze over?

To me the difference would be that I know the rider in the group ride and have a certain amount of trust in that rider. Plus if it is in a group ride the rider is expecting me to be there. I have no idea if the rider I just find on the road has any idea I'm there.

I generally don't rely on other riders to provide blocking for me. If I were concerned about somebody sharing the lane with me on the right I'd be more into the center of the lane to stop them (btw I'm not concerned) . I also prefer to be in the left blocking position at a stop as I feel it gives me a few more outs if it all goes wrong behind me. Even on group rides I position myself to try and always be in the left blocking position.

That's why you ride staggered when you get closer. Sure keep a blocking position if you are a few car lengths back. But this guy was about 5-10ft behind me. And had he been in a proper blocking position at the light the taxi wouldn't have been able to pull up beside both of us. This is common sense.

I always think of giving someone crowding me the group single file sign, but I'm too Canadian to actually do it.
images

I believe the misunderstanding here is that people think that ridding stagger means riding up someone's ***, if you keep appropriate distance it really doesn't matter if you trust or know the other rider .
To me the difference would be that I know the rider in the group ride and have a certain amount of trust in that rider. Plus if it is in a group ride the rider is expecting me to be there. I have no idea if the rider I just find on the road has any idea I'm there.

Nah, no misunderstanding.

If you don't know the person you may not be a welcome addition. Especially creepy for women.

I though male and female was all the same. I guess not

Again following someone on purpose for miles and on = possibly creepy.
Finding yourself behind a motorcycle as you would behind any car and stagger for the short period of time you are there i believe is the topic being discussed.

What I really hate is when I stop at a red light and for some reason riders think it is ok to come beside me if I don't know them, that I think is dumb, I don't feel like saying hi to strangers

Last edited:
I got to work today at my building on king street east, I park my bike on the street in front there is always room for a couple of cars and bikes, today a taxi was blocking the end of the curb and a driveway going into the private parking, he was half pulled over so he wasn't blocking live lanes but clearly wasn't parked. I thought he was waiting for a fair but it turns out he was eating his sandwich! I asked him if he wouldn't mind backing up a couple of feet so I could squeeze by and park, he was already blocking the driveway and backing up two feet would have made no difference - his response "I'm going to finish my sandwich then I'll leave". I though what an ass and parked on the other curb, then I thought about the while uber vs taxi debate and one of the arguments is the taxi driver attitude sucks, so here I am posting to reinforce this truth. Given the choice, I will go with uber ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are you guys serious? lol

"omg its creepy if a stranger is in staggered formation with me".

time to hand in your motorcycle keys, and man cards...

You can have my man card.

I doubt you'd get my keys off me, but you can try!

If I am behind another random rider I will either pass or hang well back.

At a light I take a staggered position because the 2 bike slot is too tempting for a cager but I stay back a bit to let the other biker know they go first on the green. I let them gently out accelerate me to open the gap or I pass when clear.

You can have my man card.

I doubt you'd get my keys off me, but you can try!

That's the cutest way of saying you're tough on the internet I've ever seen.

Look dude, I'm not saying you're a complete wuss because of your attitude but come on - at least try to have some masculinity and pride about you...if it bothers you that some guy rides his motorcycle staggered behind you in a lane maybe you should pick a less social hobby without the culture of brotherhood/friendliness.

Cruiser d-bags, sportbike d-bags, touring d-bags - we're all in it together, a minority group of people lumped together by the average person...life is too short to try to exist as an island within humanity.

You're that guy, aren't you...the guy that when I ride up beside you at a light and remark "hey, nice bike", you look away awkwardly and raise your shoulders uncomfortably...hahah

That's the cutest way of saying you're tough on the internet I've ever seen.

Look dude, I'm not saying you're a complete wuss because of your attitude but come on - at least try to have some masculinity and pride about you...if it bothers you that some guy rides his motorcycle staggered behind you in a lane maybe you should pick a less social hobby without the culture of brotherhood/friendliness.

Cruiser d-bags, sportbike d-bags, touring d-bags - we're all in it together, a minority group of people lumped together by the average person...life is too short to try to exist as an island within humanity.

You're that guy, aren't you...the guy that when I ride up beside you at a light and remark "hey, nice bike", you look away awkwardly and raise your shoulders uncomfortably...hahah
No he's that guy. You know the kind who actually is a girl. Sorry if she's not masculine enough for you.
You also don't come across as "social" or part of "a culture of brotherhood/friendliness".

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

It was a slow pitch, easy to get him to swing.

Meh, still creepy, just remember you may not always be wanted.

Back
Top Bottom