Worth fixing to sell or just try to sell it rashed? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Worth fixing to sell or just try to sell it rashed?

huhsure

Was planning on selling my bike at the end of the season but I just went full retard and rashed it all up. It was originally probably going to only get me around $2000. Now that ive broken a mirror, rashed the whole left fairing and side of the motor, and clutch lever I imagine ill have to pay someone to take it.
http://imgur.com/a/hYCV0

Anyway with the bike not being worth much to begin with what would you guys do?

Side note, sorry griff. I dun didnt ride safe.

Replace the clutch lever (cheap - necessary for operation), replace the mirror (cheap - necessary for safety), knock something off the price and sell it as-is.

Its a gs500F, only posted the damage.

good beginner bike, should be a market. Spend as little as possible to make it roadworthy and a bit more attractive for a new buyer. The new buyer is going to drop it anyway...sell it as "pre dropped"

Yeah that's really not that bad at all. Do what others have said, clean it up and sell it. Somebody is always happy to get a deal on a bike for learning.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Replace the clutch lever (cheap - necessary for operation), replace the mirror (cheap - necessary for safety), knock something off the price and sell it as-is.

I agree but if you could make the damage less obvious with a spray bomb or trim tape it wouldn't look like open wounds.

I will echo several of the other comments.
Do only what is necessary to make it road worthy and safe.
If the other damage will cost $500 to repair, knock $500 off the selling price.
I am assuming there was only clutch and mirror and cosmetic damage, and no damage to the engine or transmission.

It's going to be a tough sell this time of year.
I would get that fairing painted and buy a new cover.
Nobody will know it was down.

Then sell it in spring.
You'll get full asking price in spring.

To the guys saying clean up the fairings, how do you do that without it looking worse? I think everytime ive seen someone try and paint the fairings themselves it has always looked worse than what it did before. Or maybe they just suck at doing it as much as i suck at riding, who knows:rolleyes:

To the guys saying clean up the fairings, how do you do that without it looking worse? I think everytime ive seen someone try and paint the fairings themselves it has always looked worse than what it did before. Or maybe they just suck at doing it as much as i suck at riding, who knows:rolleyes:

If you try to paint it yourself. It will look like cap.
Any professional body work shop can do that easily and make it look original at low cost.

The fairing rash isn't too bad. If there are no cracks and it's all still in one piece, you'll probably still do pretty well. You're only out $30-50 in parts. I definitely would not bother paying anyone to repair the rash as there's no way you'll come out ahead.

Its a gs500F, only posted the damage.

Not to rub salt in your wound, but this is exactly why I hate the GS500F. It has expensive, fragile fairings wrapped around a bike that was never intended to have them. It is aesthetically pleasing to new riders, but a large majority of them drop it, and nobody wants to spend the $$$ to fix it because the cost is huge relative to the value of the bike. I have seen this happen with this bike probably dozens of times.

Meanwhile I have dropped my GS500E in the driveway because reasons and literally nothing happened to it. I just picked it up and went on with my day.

Back
Top Bottom