Declared Sale Price (Used Motorcycle, Taxes) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Declared Sale Price (Used Motorcycle, Taxes)

don23

Hey, haven't looked into buying a bike in a while, is it still ok to put $0 and not pay taxes since theres no official prices on motorcycle for service ontario?

I think it was this was a couple years back, is it the same now?

When was it ever "okay" to intentionally dodge taxes?? What a dumb question... jeez.

I wouldn't put 0.

You're just asking for them to go on kijiji and find a couple similar bikes.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

No don't do that. I'm not sure why you even had to ask...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Giving a lower purchase price is common. Paying $0 for an 848evo may raise some eyebrows.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Don't ruin it for the rest of us. Be reasonable.

Hey, haven't looked into buying a bike in a while, is it still ok to put $0 and not pay taxes since theres no official prices on motorcycle for service ontario?

I think it was this was a couple years back, is it the same now?

Would you accept 0$ during a registration, if you were representing a government? I would send you packing to rethink your vehicle purchase price ... They cannot argue a reasonably low amount, because there's no value standard like there's for cars. But that doesn't mean 0$ is acceptable .....

Would you accept 0$ during a registration, if you were representing a government? I would send you packing to rethink your vehicle purchase price ... They cannot argue a reasonably low amount, because there's no value standard like there's for cars. But that doesn't mean 0$ is acceptable .....

I apologize to everyone in this thread, I may have made this original post in the wrong manner. I was mainly trying to find out whether you could put anything on the bill of sale as before.

I actually listed the actual buying price last time, I didn't even know there was no book value. I was slapping myself in the head for days. My fault, but I'll knock the price down a bit this time.

You can put any amount you want as there is still no book value for a motorcycle. They cannot send you packing as the price is agreed between the buyer and seller so far, but if we start to abuse it then they'll wise up and come up with some silly standard.

Just say that you got the bike in a trade. You built a deck for the seller and got payment in the form of a bike.

^ Well you'd want to make sure that was okay with the seller. My dad was called once because the buyer said he paid less, a lot less. Dad couldn't remember what he sold it for so the guy was okay..but the buyer probably won't stick their neck out like that, I certainly wouldn't.

^ Well you'd want to make sure that was okay with the seller. My dad was called once because the buyer said he paid less, a lot less. Dad couldn't remember what he sold it for so the guy was okay..but the buyer probably won't stick their neck out like that, I certainly wouldn't.

seller said put anything you want, left it blank for me, he was a cool guy
i think i'll just put a reasonable price for a 'quick sale' a couple hundred in taxes suck and could have went towards something better but i won't milk the system.

They mail out confirmation letters to sellers almost every time now, asking for the sale amount. So you better be sure he's gonna remain a cool guy when he gets the big bad scary government mail.

And to the people saying "be reasonable" and "don't put 0" that's friggin BS. Be reasonable in dodging taxes? If you're gonna do it, then put 0 and be done with it. And yes there are MANY reasons why you might've scored an 848 EVO for 0 dollars, including a straight vehicle trade or exchange for services - Fk the government for making us pay taxes on the same product over and over and over again.

If people keep playing the unreasonable figure (or, sheesh, $0....really?) game, it's only a matter of time before the government decides it's worth it to dredge up the values for motorcycles and we'll all be in the same boat as with cars.

That's just wonderful now when you DO actually find a legit deal on a car and have to pay tax on several thousand dollars more than what you actually paid. And who do you have to thank for that? The same people that 10-15 years ago were doing the exact same thing people are now advocating for motorcycles.

I'm with xfactor...be reasonable at least.

Its already been going on forever. Either they aren't paying attention because motorcycle sales are minuscule, or a "fix" has been in the works for a while and is simply moving at government (glacial) pace.

**** being reasonable. It's not reasonable to charge the tax to begin with. And it certainly wasn't reasonable to raise it to 13% with the HST.

When I re-registered my VRSC in my name this season I tried to put $0 and they wouldn't let me, they said I had to put an amount, figure I could put $0.01 but I put $1... I already paid taxes on the actual sale amount of the bike last year when i bought it and had it registered with someone else.

$100 is the minimum you can put. I had a used parts bike tossed in a deal once. It was basically a frame and engine. I registered it in case I wanted to use that frame down the road. Cost me a whopping $13 in taxes for something I got for basically free.

The Gov charging tax on a USED PRIVATE vehicle sale is ridiculous. If you buy a used bike from a dealership or actual business, fair enough.

If you buy used tools or electronic equipment from your neighbour, should you pay taxes on that too?

Back
Top Bottom