Buying A Ducati 848 Evo | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying A Ducati 848 Evo

I have a nice EVO in the garage with a spun rod bearing, less than 10k on it. Seems to be a common issue... pay attention to your oil and perhaps change it frequently.

what txt is on the display when you key on.
I believe it should say 848 EVO
You can flash with a bunch of different maps or change the display if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1rnImp2Ghs

says SPK 848 DP
Just checked out the video, I completely forgot about the gear light indicator! My old bike had one and it was really useful. Going to get one of those.

It's not a "ducati mistake", its for parking lights. Don't most/all bikes have this? Any bike I owned did.

I meant a mistake on my part I put it in P and left it thinking it was off, oh wow I didn't even know other bikes had this function

Yeah I found my Duc turns into P a little too easily past lock, so it's something I'm always cautious of. I usually check my tail light after parking just to be sure.

* Might want to look at a more comfortable seat, I found mine like riding around on a sandwich board. Picked up a Sargent seat and couldn't be happier
* Tech spec tank pads are great if you need more grip for your legs

Also remember that 848 has wet clutch so don't go putting on an open clutch cover ;)

I actually really wanted an open clutch cover, they look so nice, but I'll have to do without. You're right about the seat, it's stiff, I saw some 848's with gel seats, I am going to check some out. Wow I forgot about tank pads for the legs! I am definitely going to get those now too haha

Thanks for all the replies guys it's giving me a sigh of relief.

I think I am going to take the bike to either a seasoned ducati mechanic or the dealership just to do a run around, might cost a bit but I don't mind.

Update, my mechanic said it will safety, tires are close to new, brakes are close to new and no problems from a safety perspective. :)
He also told me the ECU was flashed to Ducati Performance, whatever that map is, sounds better than stock.

First ducati mistake: Theres a "P" (park) on the ignition you can turn the key into...it's not off. I usually turn the key to lock and didn't even know there was a "P". My mechanic asked me why i left my bike on since the lights were still on.

Oh and heres a picture, I think I am going to give it a full wash, clean, lube. Going to have to research the best soaps, oil remover, lube, etc. I saw some on the sites someone mentioned earlier.

Your ECU was not "flashed". Its a whole new ecu with upgraded map that is swapped for the old ecu unit ,and that comes with the termigioni kit, as well as an air filter. At least that is how it is on my monster 796, have the old ecu in my basement collecting dust.

Your ECU was not "flashed". Its a whole new ecu with upgraded map that is swapped for the old ecu unit ,and that comes with the termigioni kit, as well as an air filter. At least that is how it is on my monster 796, have the old ecu in my basement collecting dust.
They're the same ECU just different maps flashed into them. Ducati included a new ECU with the slipons as part of the performance package but in essence its the same ECU with a different map.

If its not custom flashed the messages are something like this (for the bigger bike though):

If you have the Termi slip-on ECU, it will say: "xxx8 Racing."

If you have the Termi full system ECU, it will say: "xxx8 Racing Evo."

If memory serves, the stock ECU says: "xxx8 SBK."

the full system ECU with the Termi slip-ons so mine says, "XXX8 Racing Evo."

Better list

848 - SBK 848 TSE

848 DP Slip On - 848 RACING

848 DP Full System - 848 RACING

848 EVO - SBK 848 EVO

848 EVO DP Slip On - SBK 848 EVO DP

848 EVO DP Full System - 848 EVO RACING

1098(S) - SBK 1098 TSE

1098(S) DP Slip On - 1098 RACING

1098(S) Full System - 1098 RACING EVO

1098R - SBK 1098R TSE

1098R DP Slip On - 1098R RACING

1098R Full System - 1098 R RACE EVO

1198 - SBK 1198 TSE

1198 DP Slip On - 1198 RACING

1198 Full System – 1198 RACE EVO

1198S – SBK 1198S TSE

1198S DP Slip On - 1198S RACING

1198S Full System - 1198S RACE EVO

I think his exhaust came with an air filter too, I am going to have to check and ask when i bring it to the ducati dealership, going to get a racing air filter if theres not one already there

Theres a plug in the trunk (seat) , is that the ECU to plug in or a plug for a power commander?

and is a power commander with the money for an 848 evo?

Last edited:
There is also a Lap timer plug under the triple I have a GPS Lap timer the would plug in there if you are interested

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

You have 2 posts and dont know much about bikes, how long have you been riding man? If the answer is not long, why you looking at ducatis and R1s?
If your new, i would look at something else
I don't think he asked advice on what CC bike to buy - Maybe I missed it

Thanks for all the replies guys it's giving me a sigh of relief.

I think I am going to take the bike to either a seasoned ducati mechanic or the dealership just to do a run around, might cost a bit but I don't mind.

Update, my mechanic said it will safety, tires are close to new, brakes are close to new and no problems from a safety perspective. :)
He also told me the ECU was flashed to Ducati Performance, whatever that map is, sounds better than stock.

First ducati mistake: Theres a "P" (park) on the ignition you can turn the key into...it's not off. I usually turn the key to lock and didn't even know there was a "P". My mechanic asked me why i left my bike on since the lights were still on.

Oh and heres a picture, I think I am going to give it a full wash, clean, lube. Going to have to research the best soaps, oil remover, lube, etc. I saw some on the sites someone mentioned earlier.

212hkbn.jpg

Also to any one with an 848 or knowledge of any mods that are common on the 848? I read the suspension is super stiff and it's common to get an aftermarket spring to fix that. Also need a new sticker tank pad grip, he told me his was falling off a bit

I used Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte for my '15 Diavel Dark paint finish. It looked and smelled nice.......:)

Thanks for all the posts guys! Appreciate the love!

Also...the bike has no gas gauge, kinda sucks but it's whatever, it has a gas indicator.

The clutch is really stiff, i might get a clutch slave to make it easier to pull.

Nice to know about the plug in the trunk, I don't think i'll use it though.

Some ppl use it as a usb charger (ebay has kits I think).
Swapping the slave is a good idea if you don't like it.
You can get clear covers for the wet clutch as well. Looks flash if you like that look.
If you're getting the race filter you might want to look into the larger snorkels as well.

Thanks for all the posts guys! Appreciate the love!

Also...the bike has no gas gauge, kinda sucks but it's whatever, it has a gas indicator.

The clutch is really stiff, i might get a clutch slave to make it easier to pull.

Nice to know about the plug in the trunk, I don't think i'll use it though.

You'd be surprised how quick you get used to a heavy clutch, ride it for a bit before you swap parts

You'd be surprised how quick you get used to a heavy clutch, ride it for a bit before you swap parts

I'll give it to the end of the season and decide next, but it feels like it's going to give a sore hand in traffic, had to put it in neutral at some stop lights, usually i just hold the clutch in and leave it in first until the light goes green.

Bike has pazzo shorty levers, would it help turning the clutch handle closer to the grip?

Back
Top Bottom