Hwy resurfacing. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hwy resurfacing.

ungoloth

Site Supporter
Hwy 507 undergoing chip and tar resurfacing at northern end.
Hwy 503 has new (nice quality) pavement east of Gooderham!
I noticed some construction on Hwy 518 as well.
Hwy 632 new pavement but it's rough (new pavement over old?)
It's getting challenging to ride without encountering resurfacing or bridge repair this year eh.
Hwy 141 bridge, Bobcaygeon and Buckhorn bridge still undergoing surgery...
Lower Faraday Rd south end chip and tar this year.
46 south of Apsley chip and tar.
10 south of Millbrook also chip and tar...
Happy apexes

507 isn't too bad (at least wasn't on Friday).

57 north of Hampton (I think it was around 3?) is an absolute mess for a few KM. I'd avoid that one at all costs. It is however fine further south, and fine once it crosses over 7A.

There was also talk of resurfacing on 28 posted somewhere (maybe here?), but it looked to be fresh pavement when I was on it a few days back. Essentially took it from the south-east end of Dyno Rd to Northey's Bay.

Yeah almost dropped mine on that chip and tar stuff this year; hard to identify unless you are familiar with the road. Lesson learned,
but I definitely don't like it much more than full on gravel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

57 is hosed up bad because of the 407 construction.

Take Liberty Rd instead - once you get through Bowmanville it's actually a very nice ride all the way up to Hwy 20, & you can skip back west over to 57 at that point - it comes out at the northern end of the construction zone on 57 so you are free and clear. Way more scenic and worth the diversion to get around the construction.

57 is hosed up bad because of the 407 construction.

Take Liberty Rd instead - once you get through Bowmanville it's actually a very nice ride all the way up to Hwy 20, & you can skip back west over to 57 at that point - it comes out at the northern end of the construction zone on 57 so you are free and clear. Way more scenic and worth the diversion to get around the construction.

Cool will have to remember that one. Granted with the days getting shorter, I might start using the 115 to 35 more to try and get to the better roads a touch faster. Although it did look like they were doing work on the northbound 115 too when I was headed south on it coming back.

All this tar and chip... who blew all the gasoline taxes on horse racing

If someone comes up with something funnier than horse racing let me know

Back
Top Bottom