57 currently a gravel trap. Also minor resurfacing on 507 | GTAMotorcycle.com

57 currently a gravel trap. Also minor resurfacing on 507

conundrum

Just a heads up, 57 is a gravel trap for a few km...was on it today, and there were mounds of gravel on the road surface, and tons of loose gravel all over the place. Best to avoid imo until it is cleaned up/they complete whatever they are doing. Was around the area where they put in the new traffic light north of Hampton.

Also, there was some minor resurfacing work done on the 507 (about 2km or so of road surface about mid-way up)...nothing that major if you slow down a little, and is fairly well marked out.

57 still had slow speed construction zones but the gravel parts are now paved. The pavement dips a bit so don't know if they might be adding another layer (it was smooth though.)

The 507 part was usable last weekend with a bit of minor gravel off car tracks in the newly chip-sealed area. This past Sunday it seems most of the loose chip-seal gravel was gone...probably washed away with the recent rains. (The area is closer to the north end. I think 3 or 4 km from the north end.) As conundrum mentioned it is well marked.)

..Tom

Last edited:
Was just on 57 today...they paved half of it north of 3, but the other half was still dirt and gravel. Then further up after the cross over 7 (between Scugog Point and Viewlake), it was gravel and dirt through 3 of of the previously nice bends.

Personally I figure I'll try to avoid both for the rest of the season...doubt they'll get things done until close to the end of November at this rate.

so 507 and 3 are ok?

Wasn't on either yesterday...would suspect 507 should be fine, and was only on 3 from Old Scugog Rd to 57 (which put me right below the mess on 57).

Lower 57 (around 3) -- Maybe 0.5km long atm:
ae40ea.jpg

Upper 57 (around Lakeview) -- Around 1-2km long atm:
9s4ayc.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the info. We're talking about 2 different #3. The one I was referring to is north of 507, connecting 503 and 118

Last edited:
507 and 3 were fine last weekend. No trouble.

via Tapatalk

thanks for the info. We're talking about 2 different #3. The one I was referring to is north of 507, connecting 503 and 118

Brainfart....lol

Last time I was up there (date of the original post), 3 was untouched. Took it to get from the 507 to the 118.

Back
Top Bottom