Where to get motorcycle oil in Kitchener/Waterloo? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to get motorcycle oil in Kitchener/Waterloo?

My bike has a problem a few have ran into where as the crush washer on the case gets thinner you need to tighten it more and it cracks the hole off because it wedges into the threads putting pressure on it wrong. Couple of pictures out there of it happening. Planning to do it every other time on that just to be safe. 75 cents vs $1,000.

You have a DRZ I figure. You can get a Honda flat washer to work. And then just re-use that forever. It is covered on another "thumper"
forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have a DRZ I figure. You can get a Honda flat washer to work. And then just re-use that forever. It is covered on another "thumper"
forum.

You are right, I do. I bought the Honda flat crush washers after seeing it recommended on thumper talk, do you mean those?

Yes that's what I am referring to; the Suzuki washer can get deformed into a v shape and then crack the case when tightening, the Honda flat washer can't do that. I used them for years without incident.

Yes that's what I am referring to; the Suzuki washer can get deformed into a v shape and then crack the case when tightening, the Honda flat washer can't do that. I used them for years without incident.

Thanks man. I actually only got the 12mm Honda's (I got 5 thinking I would replace them each time) so far because they were only .65 cents. The 10mm...$4.50/ea! I passed on that for the moment.

Wow! I don't recall the pricing being insane. Maybe you can find a direct cross to a Spaenuar part number. I am guessing it is just a aluminum washer with some specific measurements. Can't imagine more than a 1.00.

I will check tomorrow if I still have my spares If I do, I will let you.

Wow! I don't recall the pricing being insane. Maybe you can find a direct cross to a Spaenuar part number. I am guessing it is just a aluminum washer with some specific measurements. Can't imagine more than a 1.00.

I will check tomorrow if I still have my spares If I do, I will let you.

That would be awesome!

Crush washers go for like a quarter each at a BMW dealer. I buy 25 at a time.
I use Specto 4 oil when I can get it, and then I buy a case at a time.
Spectro 4 was the recommended motor oil by BMW before they decided to make you pay through the nose for their own brand.
If not I use Castrol 10W40 from Crappy Tire.
I have seen some of the brands you mentioned at Wallmarts that have automotive sections.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom