GoPro/Action Cameras mounting ideads - where and how do you mount yours (safely) | GTAMotorcycle.com

GoPro/Action Cameras mounting ideads - where and how do you mount yours (safely)

-D-

Banned
A question posed in another thread.

So let's see your pics and ideas of where to mount the cameras.
What were the downsides of some of your mounting spots...camera falls off...to shaky and videos are poor?

A question posed in another thread.

So let's see your pics and ideas of where to mount the cameras.
What were the downsides of some of your mounting spots...camera falls off...to shaky and videos are poor?

I had a GoPro for a bit but found some of the "cooler" mounting points vibrated at frequencies that harmonized with their framerate leading to jelly-vision. Front fork for example was an awful location, as cool as it could look. Mounting on the bars was okay and very stable, but the best location I had was mounting it to the tail, facing forward. Maybe not good for video for more than the novelty factory, but makes for cool pictures:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 426258_10151291744271204_1226236993_n.jpg
    426258_10151291744271204_1226236993_n.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 126
i have a few mounts. chin of my helmet, tail of my bike is usually rear facing for when i do bike trips with friends, front of my tank looks through the windscreen. i have another 1 that goes through one of the windscreen bolts, i need to move it to a lower bolt on the windscreen so it has more support but to do that i need a longer bolt...just havent gotten around to finding one.

next year im switching my fairings to my oem blue ones that i happen to have 2 sets of, so ill throw a mount on the side fairing.

i have a few mounts. chin of my helmet, tail of my bike is usually rear facing for when i do bike trips with friends, front of my tank looks through the windscreen. i have another 1 that goes through one of the windscreen bolts, i need to move it to a lower bolt on the windscreen so it has more support but to do that i need a longer bolt...just havent gotten around to finding one.

next year im switching my fairings to my oem blue ones that i happen to have 2 sets of, so ill throw a mount on the side fairing.

can you post a pic of the windscreen mounting point
I am trying to picture what type of mount you used for that.

I gave up on the GoPro and bike mounts as they all seemed to vibrate. Went to a helmet mount and changed the camera to a much lower profile Sena Prism Tube and things are much much better.

Sorry to hijack a little bit, but anyone try the GoPro Hero Session cube thingie? I need to upgrade my old Contour, but I don't want to mount a regular GoPro to my helmet. It's way too awkward a shape.

Like jc100, I have had no success mounting a camera to the bike, it's way too vibey.

Sorry to hijack a little bit, but anyone try the GoPro Hero Session cube thingie? I need to upgrade my old Contour, but I don't want to mount a regular GoPro to my helmet. It's way too awkward a shape.

Like jc100, I have had no success mounting a camera to the bike, it's way too vibey.
you still have a working contour???
i bought 1 when the deal was posted on here about them going belly up...cam worked for about 2 months and even then i was having issues with it.

my bro in law has the session for his drone. they jacked the price on it a few months ago.

Yeah, I've had it three years now. I'm about ready to upgrade.

I thought they'd dropped the price on the Sessions after low initial sales?

i think you are right. they lowered the price on the session but raised the price on the "Hero" and the "Hero LCD"
i saw a hero lcd at walmart mispriced a while back for $129... was really close to buying it but really didnt want it.

the session is 300 ish, hero+lcd is just shy of 400 now and the hero 4 silver is just shy of 500 and probably the best deal out of their current lineup.
i got my hero 4 black last year for $520 tax in at lebaron....may want to check there if its close to you before buying any gopros. they seem to use the usa msrp.

Yeah, I've had it three years now. I'm about ready to upgrade.

I thought they'd dropped the price on the Sessions after low initial sales?

try the Sena prism tube, $150ish (fortnine, or whatever it is now), on off switch and that's it. Also the best helmet mount in the business.

Oooh. Looks like that's exactly what I want. Sold.

Only small issue I had was getting the alignment right. Play with it a bit and it's fine. Maybe add some tape to the cam with alignment marks on. The cam comes with a mic and an earpiece so you can do voiceovers and listen to the spoken cam alerts. The helmet mount is brilliant, no sticky crap and it's rock solid. I like that there's nothing to adjust its just on and off. One thing you need to do is put a text file in the root of the camera to set date and time. That's all in the instructions.

Friend recently gave me his old go pro so been messing around with it lately. Only used these for pictures not video though.

IMG_2392.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Back
Top Bottom