Cop waits over an hour and a half to ticket us. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cop waits over an hour and a half to ticket us.

People in cars can get tickets for the ultra ****** manufacturing job of Ontario plates when the letter flake, bubble and peel off. Pretty sure it's the driver/riders responsibility to make sure they're visible.

How far forward are your plates? Any photos, with your plate blurred? I ahve an aftermarket plate holder and have been pulled over a handful of times for unrelated stuff. They've never said anything because my plate is visible from a distance. I don't see the point in stuffing your plate deep under your seat. You might as well not have one on there.

Hey, the type 1 kit from Gixer Boys mounts between the passenger peg mounts, slightly angled with the bottom toward the front of the bike. Completely visible from a car or SUV but maybe not from a highly placed camera.

Last edited:
Hey, the type 1 kit from fixer boys mounts between the passenger peg mounts, slightly angled with the bottom toward the front of the bike. Completely visible from a car or SUV but maybe not from a highly placed camera.

Read the law on this and tell us what you learn. If still in doubt, you just acknowledged that it may not be visible by a camera (because it's not at the back of the vehicle). Lastly; have someone sit on your bike, feet on pegs, and then sit in a car at a proper following distance and tell us what you see.

What, we aren't supposed to mention the truth?

My personal opinion is that most undertails are ***** with terrible lighting and barely visible plates and deserve every ticket they get. I understand factory tails are hideous, but most people change them with the least legal thing possible and then ***** about getting in trouble (therein lies the true GTAM spirit).

Happy now?

Hey,
We have the proper bright white led plate lights made for our kits. We are not hiding anything. What I didn't realize was that my girls 08 600 has been lowered which caused the tire to partially cover the bottom of the plate when she is on the bike. This guy had no way of knowing that as they were parked when he looked at them.

Hey,
We have the proper bright white led plate lights made for our kits. We are not hiding anything. What I didn't realize was that my girls 08 600 has been lowered which caused the tire to partially cover the bottom of the plate when she is on the bike. This guy had no way of knowing that as they were parked when he looked at them.

He did know that they would not be visible to an overhead camera as in toll or red light camera system, and that too is an offence.

Absolutely worth it. Your plate needs to be visible. If it isnt, you're an idiot. We all know the rules by now. Whether you like the rules or not, stop breaking the fricking law, and whining about it when you get caught. If something else came up, he's got a radio. He'll know if he needs to go fight crime else where.

The plates are visible, to a car or a truck for sure. I don't know about a camera high up on a pole.
We have been followed many times and I'm sure our plates have been run through their computer.
We have not even been pulled over.

I still changed my girls to the type 2.
Mine I just flipped the bracket around so the plate is facing more upward and the bottom is closer to the back of the bike.

He did know that they would not be visible to an overhead camera as in toll or red light camera system, and that too is an offence.

You are right, as well as most of the comments. When I got these kits I should have checked on their legality.
Also as I stated, we have been riding for a long time and many police have seen our plates and none have ever had a problem with them.

It's just strange this guy spent so much time on us when others could have pulled us over on multiple occasions and did not.

How is a person supposed to know if their plate is visible to a red light camera? Run a red?

Thanks for the responses.

Been given a warning once for this. My plate was a lot lower though, almost at the rear shock. I then moved it out to pretty much where your pic shows... maybe a couple of inches more but no farther than the rear tire hugger. Haven't been bothered since. Luck of the draw. If you're at the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong cop in line of sight.

Speaking of cause and effect. Have look at British motorcycle license plates. I conspiracy theorize this will be the .gov next move to counter act dooshness du jour.

This is the expected backlash from the mob of retards riding around Toronto with impunity. You should be thankful he didn't make you tow the bikes as they weren't street legal in their current condition.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Also a lot of people mount their plates way up under the tail and don't realise when they ride the suspension sags and the plate can't be read. Or maybe it's mounted like that intentionally.. For that reason. In any case, I try not to give " the man" any reason to question me or pull me over.

Speaking of cause and effect. Have look at British motorcycle license plates. I conspiracy theorize this will be the .gov next move to counter act dooshness du jour.

Or the German ones...they call them affectionately 'Kuchenblech' over there LOL

You are right, as well as most of the comments. When I got these kits I should have checked on their legality.
Also as I stated, we have been riding for a long time and many police have seen our plates and none have ever had a problem with them.

It's just strange this guy spent so much time on us when others could have pulled us over on multiple occasions and did not.

How is a person supposed to know if their plate is visible to a red light camera? Run a red?

Thanks for the responses.

There is also the regulation: https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/900628

(4) The number plate for a motorcycle, motor assisted bicycle or trailer shall be attached to and exposed in a conspicuous position on the rear of the vehicle. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 628, s. 9 (4).

Tucked in way under the seat does not meet the requirement that the plate be mounted in a "conspicuous place" and "on the rear of the vehicle".

He took a description of your riding gear and bikes.... This tells us everything we need to know. That will be compared to the people caught on film during the d-bag ride. It was all about the d-bag ride on the weekend and we can all expect harassment because of the action of those mental children and their group ride.

Your attitude (or lack of) likely saved you from the tickets, but they would have been valid tickets... in the end he was more interested in descriptions.

thanks d-bags for increasing police awareness of sport bikes, now I have to put Harley stickers on my Ducati.

Motorcyclists around the GTA will likely be pulled over/harassed over minor infractions such as this due to the amount of media coverage of the stupid group rides the past weekend.

Unless you have a stock bike, expect to be pulled over for loud exhausts, and fender eliminators.

Is this plate legal?
2012-Harley-Davidson-FLTRU-Road-Glide-Ultra_pictures_1.jpg

As my ex-father in-law laughed about how the 407 is free for him.

How many of you run plate covers on your car?

Not the point. We know covers are illegal, don't cry when we are caught.

Pay the piper child

I've been here a long time, nothing has happened. We knew the rules back then, if you care enough look them up now. Otherwise you ARE part of the problem on getting heat as a rider.

Lumped in with the company we keep ffs.

Not the point. We know covers are illegal, don't cry when we are caught.

Pay the piper child

I've been here a long time, nothing has happened. We knew the rules back then, if you care enough look them up now. Otherwise you ARE part of the problem on getting heat as a rider.

Lumped in with the company we keep ffs.

Relax, I also wear fluorescent textile coveralls. I'm just not gonna defend cops sitting around on our dime for 90mins to give a warning to someone for a minor problem. If a cop waited 90mins to tell you your plate cover's illegal, you'd probably think it was ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom