Cop waits over an hour and a half to ticket us. | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cop waits over an hour and a half to ticket us.

How so? Because I don't believe every cop has a hard-on for targeting every bike that might be slightly modified? There is a big difference between types of eliminators, that can easily even be seen between the Type 1 and Type 2 posted here earlier. Ride reasonably with the Type 2, and you are less likely to be pulled over for plate alone than with the Type 1. Ride like a ******, and then all bets are off.

As for the safety piece, that's based on the new regs that recently came out to tighten what is allowed and what isn't. I'd have to pull the link, but pretty sure it actually says all OEM fenders must be present on the vehicle. Not saying I fully agree with all the changes, but I do know some people who have said they no longer safety vehicles given all the required checks, and the fact they could lose their license if they certify something they should not.

You have zero understanding of what you post. Look at the quote for the answer, don't throw darts. Look at the new safety reg's instead of douching out. You literally know nothing about fender eliminator kits, fenders, integrated signal lights, separate signal lights and how they apply in actual prescribed ON law. Hint, pretty much all you've raged on in the last page is not illegal in any way in ON law.

Last edited:
^^^ He's right. Not going to get into the details here, but if you do a search in the legal sub-forum, you'll see. FYI, new safety regs have absolutely no bearing on motorcycles.

Saw 3 guys doing a stand up wheelie on the 407 today coming back from Marineland . I smiled thinking about this thread lol

I gave them a Stearn wag of the finger in everyone's behalf

Saw 3 guys doing a stand up wheelie on the 407 today coming back from Marineland . I smiled thinking about this thread lol

I gave them a Stearn wag of the finger in everyone's behalf

Good for you, should have tooted your horn as well.

^^^ He's right. Not going to get into the details here, but if you do a search in the legal sub-forum, you'll see. FYI, new safety regs have absolutely no bearing on motorcycles.

I thought they applied to all vehicles (didn't think motorcycles were excluded)...thanks for the correction, unlike the ****** post above yours.

It still goes without saying though that not all eliminators are created equal though, and some might cause issue with police, whereas others that look almost OEM draw less attention...even if both types might be legal.

I thought they applied to all vehicles (didn't think motorcycles were excluded)...thanks for the correction, unlike the ****** post above yours.

It still goes without saying though that not all eliminators are created equal though, and some might cause issue with police, whereas others that look almost OEM draw less attention...even if both types might be legal.

On the subject of eliminators, the plate must be conspicuously placed and seemingly visible from space, then you might not get hassled. Like most ontario legislation, the written law leaves much to the discretion of the officer. That said, type 1 shown here being deemed illegal is completely reasonable IMO.

To the OP.

You're right. That cop should have been on the radio for a tow truck as soon as he pulled over. Waste of taxpayer's money.

I wonder why riders hate other riders so much , it must be a Toronto thing, on the fz09 forum you don't see this kind of mentality for the most part

It's weird.

when the actions of a few impacts a majority, particularly in a big way, that's not gonna fly

when the actions of a few impacts a majority, particularly in a big way, that's not gonna fly
That's easy. Responsible adult, first. Motorcyclist, second. Should we all sit around slapping each other on the back for doing stupid sh_t?

How are you impacted in a big way?

and what does this statement have anything to do with the actions of the riders from that ride (I assume that is what you are referring to)

This comment is just spiteful against another rider, not to say completely wrong from the legal stand point.
To the OP.

You're right. That cop should have been on the radio for a tow truck as soon as he pulled over. Waste of taxpayer's money.

Last edited:
That's easy. Responsible adult, first. Motorcyclist, second. Should we all sit around slapping each other on the back for doing stupid sh_t?

What about sitting around slapping each other on the back for saying stupid sh_t? You seem cool with that.

I wonder why riders hate other riders so much , it must be a Toronto thing, on the fz09 forum you don't see this kind of mentality for the most part

It's weird.
diff forums have diff rules/agendas, i'm not surprised at all what goes on here vs somewhere else, anyone looking in on this site first sees
toronto & area motorcycle enthusiasts online community since 1999
that means everyone, not just ss riders' views

i don't have any doubt that by far most road users are disgusted with/by swarming, stunting, high speed runs etc antics on public roads & you're surprised by negativity? ya reap what you sow

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by yodude

How are you impacted in a big way?
and what does this statement have anything to do with the actions of the riders from that ride (I assume that is what you are referring to)

as a road user who abides by rules, laws & accepted norms, in a way that safety to myself & others is of prime importance, i have zero interest in, or use for either being exposed to or get caught up in the actions of the opposite

This comment is just spiteful against another rider, not to say completely wrong from the legal stand point
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by DHC-2

To the OP.

just an opposing view to what op had to say & what alota folks had to say in this thread, the typical predominant cop this, cop that is all over this site

what, kid gets all twisted over ending up in a plates chit chat & the cop is a complete doosh of course,

meanwhile, some riders dream they can do whatever they like including playing with plates for some reason.. & brazenly flaunt it in everyones' face & it's always the big bad wolf cops did this or that & ends up impacting/affecting a ton of others, who have nothing to do with it

Last edited:
dude came in like a house on fire and now it's all about rules and good citizenship. And logic.

Make no mistake, if you have an undertail kit, the opp are targeting you as you've just given them cause to pull you over. When bikes run from the popo, most cops aren't able to register the plate number as they can't see it. I watched as hundreds (if not thousands) of motorcycles did the bend at Pizza Dee's on Wasaga Beach Motorcycle Rally 2016 day. OPP set up in empty parking lot there. They pointed at every sportbike with an undertail kit to pull over. They let sportbikes with stock mudflaps go by. Not one cruiser was stopped. I've tested this out myself by going by them on my supermoto with zip ties holding my plate on as it flapped in the wind. They're clearly being told to target SS aftermarket license plate holders... the catalyst being runners / and now hwy stunters. The objective being identifying you. Strangely, the hwy stunting / wheelie thing is showing up to the GTA rather late... as it's been done to death and not really a thing anymore.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

It's weird.
It's a nanny state thing. If you follow Snowcat he mentions how California is so motorcycle friendly. The popo there wave to you, and drivers respectfully get out of your way to let you lane split. It's a 180 degree of here as Snowcat repetitively explains in his experience, which is quite extensive. You get to witness it vicariously through him. He's from Calgary where (just like the GTA), popo target and hunt you. This frustrated attitude can only bleed into local motorcycle forums, as it does this one. I'm thinking of making the move to California. Seems like a great place to be for a rider. You don't get punished for riding, you get the opposite of punishment.

It's weird.

It is a Toronto thang, but not just riders. Everybody just hates everybody else. Entitlement mixed with passive aggressiveness.

Make no mistake, if you have an undertail kit, the opp are targeting you as you've just given them cause to pull you over. When bikes run from the popo, most cops aren't able to register the plate number as they can't see it. I watched as hundreds (if not thousands) of motorcycles did the bend at Pizza Dee's on Wasaga Beach Motorcycle Rally 2016 day. OPP set up in empty parking lot there. They pointed at every sportbike with an undertail kit to pull over. They let sportbikes with stock mudflaps go by. Not one cruiser was stopped. I've tested this out myself by going by them on my supermoto with zip ties holding my plate on as it flapped in the wind. They're clearly being told to target SS aftermarket license plate holders... the catalyst being runners / and now hwy stunters. The objective being identifying you. Strangely, the hwy stunting / wheelie thing is showing up to the GTA rather late... as it's been done to death and not really a thing anymore.

Whereas try riding a sumo around Milwaukee or Baltimore and the cop will be surprised you even stopped, let alone your "dirtbike" actually has plates and ownership belonging to the rider.
A black bigbore Ninja will get a second glance from a trooper at a gas stop, but also gets a "Wow, you rode a long way. What is that, 1000 miles, how can you still walk?"

It's a nanny state thing. If you follow Snowcat he mentions how California is so motorcycle friendly. The popo there wave to you, and drivers respectfully get out of your way to let you lane split. It's a 180 degree of here as Snowcat repetitively explains in his experience, which is quite extensive. You get to witness it vicariously through him. He's from Calgary where (just like the GTA), popo target and hunt you. This frustrated attitude can only bleed into local motorcycle forums, as it does this one. I'm thinking of making the move to California. Seems like a great place to be for a rider. You don't get punished for riding, you get the opposite of punishment.

Haa haa somebody using a Snowcat vid to backstop an argument is like quoting from Wikipedia to defend a PhD dissertation. :D

What about sitting around slapping each other on the back for saying stupid sh_t? You seem cool with that.
I either speak up or give you the silent treatment when you do that.

Unfortunately, speaking up often doesn't dissuade you, and neither does the silent treatment. Believe it or not, the motorcyclist isn't always right.

As far as the police. I've never been stopped on a bike.

But, I tend to upgrade my bike with things like like a superior horn, rather than downgrade it.

Anyways, right now I have other things I'd rather do than correct people, and show them the other side of the argument.
I only do that when I'm bored.

I saw a guy yesterday riding around, and at first I didn't think he had a plate, then I noticed that it was facing straight up. I'm not sure if he'd gone over a really big bump smacking it on the tire, put it on that way, or forgot to take it out of stealth mode.

It is a Toronto thang, but not just riders. Everybody just hates everybody else. Entitlement mixed with passive aggressiveness.

Whereas try riding a sumo around Milwaukee or Baltimore and the cop will be surprised you even stopped, let alone your "dirtbike" actually has plates and ownership belonging to the rider.
A black bigbore Ninja will get a second glance from a trooper at a gas stop, but also gets a "Wow, you rode a long way. What is that, 1000 miles, how can you still walk?"

Haa haa somebody using a Snowcat vid to backstop an argument is like quoting from Wikipedia to defend a PhD dissertation. :D
I'd hold Wikipedia to a higher degree than snowcat

I either speak up or give you the silent treatment when you do that.
You seem confused, I don't slap anyone on the back.

Baggsy said:
Unfortunately, speaking up often doesn't dissuade you, and neither does the silent treatment. Believe it or not, the motorcyclist isn't always right.
And I've never said as much; your master of inference is legendary

Baggsy said:
But, I tend to upgrade my bike with things like like a superior horn, rather than downgrade it.

How pragmatic

Back
Top Bottom