Cop waits over an hour and a half to ticket us. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cop waits over an hour and a half to ticket us.

krrakt

Here is the scoop.

My girl and I were parked on the north side of Danforth near Carlaw to have lunch a Christana's.

When we sat on the patio I noticed a marked SUV pull up behind our bikes, I thought nothing of it.

After lunch we walked toward our bikes and when he noticed us he got out and came to speak with us.
The issue was our under tail, plate holder, tidy tail or whatever the plate relocator is called.

We have the GIXXER BOY's kits for Gsxr 600/750.

He informed us that our license plates were mounted illegally according to the HTA and we need to replace them with the stock units for our bikes.

He said this was a pet peeve of his because red light cameras, his dash cam and 407 cameras may not read our plates as they are too far under the tail. He also said has lit up people with these and they just took off and his dash cam was not able to read the plate.

Then he said he was going to call our insurance company and report this to them. WTF?

He took our names addresses and a detailed description of our bikes, helmets and riding gear.

I replaced my girls under tail with another one that's right at the back of the bike but there is no way I'm putting a stock one on. I'm not changing mine at all, this is the first time a cop had a problem with it.

He said all we need to do is take pictures of our bikes with proper plate mounting at the rear most part of the bike and show the prosecuter.

Then he decided not to ticket us but give us a warning so the next time a cop runs out plate it better be corrected.

He is from 54 division and drives a marked SUV.

This guy has a hard on for every bike but especially bikes like sport/ sport touring types because he didnt catch one who choose not to stop.

Your tax dollars hard at wok people.

People in cars can get tickets for the ultra ****** manufacturing job of Ontario plates when the letter flake, bubble and peel off. Pretty sure it's the driver/riders responsibility to make sure they're visible.

How far forward are your plates? Any photos, with your plate blurred? I ahve an aftermarket plate holder and have been pulled over a handful of times for unrelated stuff. They've never said anything because my plate is visible from a distance. I don't see the point in stuffing your plate deep under your seat. You might as well not have one on there.

This is the expected backlash from the mob of retards riding around Toronto with impunity. You should be thankful he didn't make you tow the bikes as they weren't street legal in their current condition.

Not a good time to be riding a sport bike with a modified under tail. If you own this type of bike I would stay away from Leslie/Lakeshore tomorrow night as I would expect to see a fishing expedition happening.

This guy has a hard on for every bike but especially bikes like sport/ sport touring types because he didnt catch one who choose not to stop.

Fallout from the recent motorcycle "awareness" group rides? If so, congrats to the organizers of those rides.

Man what happened to this forum?

Man what happened to this forum?

What, we aren't supposed to mention the truth?

My personal opinion is that most undertails are ***** with terrible lighting and barely visible plates and deserve every ticket they get. I understand factory tails are hideous, but most people change them with the least legal thing possible and then ***** about getting in trouble (therein lies the true GTAM spirit).

Happy now?

What, we aren't supposed to mention the truth?

My personal opinion is that most undertails are ***** with terrible lighting and barely visible plates and deserve every ticket they get. I understand factory tails are hideous, but most people change them with the least legal thing possible and then ***** about getting in trouble (therein lies the true GTAM spirit).

Happy now?

Think it's worth a cop hanging out for an hour and a half for because he has a hardon from some previous time some biker ran from him?

What exactly did these clowns think was going to happen after Sunday? Get used to it, because they absolutely own this. You can only antagonize the police so many times before you will reap what you have sowed. Funny you don't see the 1% community involved in this kind of stunt, because they don't want the attention. If we get decent weather this weekend it should be fun up in Hockley, Forks, River Road etc. I assume we'll be talking to many police officers over the weekend, if we get decent weather.

The fact he didn't give you a ticket but decided to let you go on a promise to remedy the issue seems to be a goodwill indicator to me.

If you decide, as you state you already have, that you're not going to remedy it, then expect a big fat ticket next time and no break in court when the prosecutor states that your record showed a previous warning already on file.

And yeah, they could tow it since it's not legal, and you were warned previously, so there's that.

He took our names addresses and a detailed description of our bikes, helmets and riding gear.

My money is a minor crackdown after the motorcyclemafia ride the past weekend. Lots of tools on bikes with hidden plates, so they are likely trying to figure out who is who, and it just so happened that your bikes fit the profile.

Whatever your intentions are, he's not making it up. https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/90h08#BK39

If you're talking about the type 1 kits then those are absolutely illegal

Googled them, and yeah Type 1 would definitely cause issues. Figure Type 2 should be good for most, unless you piss a cop off by doing (or saying) something else.

Type 1:
DSC084661-720x700.jpg

Type 2:

DSC09197-960x639.jpg

And the hideous headlight beam pattern, good for another ticket. At least this bike has tail lights.
I have seen one particular smarta$$ take 5 tickets at one stop.
This is only going to get better when everyone cleans up their act and respects the rules of the road and other drivers, might take a while.

Think it's worth a cop hanging out for an hour and a half for because he has a hardon from some previous time some biker ran from him?

Absolutely worth it. Your plate needs to be visible. If it isnt, you're an idiot. We all know the rules by now. Whether you like the rules or not, stop breaking the fricking law, and whining about it when you get caught. If something else came up, he's got a radio. He'll know if he needs to go fight crime else where.

rookies... no need to have a plate so hidden, it is easier to reach and flip if it is in the back like the type 2 and calls a lot less attention, yet to have a cop give me a second look.

Back
Top Bottom