Cop waits over an hour and a half to ticket us. | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cop waits over an hour and a half to ticket us.

In the weeks since this stunting nonsense happened, I've lost track of the number of times that I've ridden past cops on my own bikes (which are all sport bikes).

Nothing has happened.

But ... my bikes have legit license plates with up-to-date registration stickers and the plates are mounted properly, and all my lights work and the mirrors are both there.

aha, key points, missed by many ..apparently

aha, key points, missed by many ..apparently

A good detective can tell a mature rider even with helmet on. The rider with helmet, not detective. Keep on yoing dude.

here's the deal for the hotshot stunters swarmers et al

[video=youtube;guTZoJBAl3U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guTZoJBAl3U[/video]

[video=youtube;qc0yppr7ESw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc0yppr7ESw[/video]

[video=youtube;X918uNydNd4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X918uNydNd4[/video]

So I asked another cop if he thought there was any legal issue with my plate. He said he does not see any problem with it, when I told him I got a ticket for it he was really surprised.

My plate is so clearly visible it's ridiculous.

Someone that knows how to re size and post a picture here please message me and I'll email you the picture to post.

finally

Last edited:
While it may give you an ego boost or moral support. What we think, what your neighbor thinks, or even what another cop thinks, won't quash the ticket.

Does nobody besides me think it's a little anal what this PC is doing?

"While it may give you an ego boost or moral support. What we think, what your neighbor thinks, or even what another cop thinks, won't quash the ticket."

I hope the prosecutor is a little more reasonable.

Last edited:
Is it illuminated? No=ticket.
It's visible at the angle you took the pic. What's it like from straight back at car seat position or a higher angle, like the 407 camera position. Looks like it would be blocked to some degree in both instances, therefore illegal, therefore ticket. The reason it's stock at the back is to be visible from almost any viewing position.
Baggsy is correct. It's the ticketing cop and prosecutor that hold the reigns.

In my experience, you need more than hope with prosecutors. Remember it's their job to make it stick. Coffers don't fill themselves.

Plus, that plate has to be over a foot inboard from the tail of the bike... They'll argue red light camera visibility, and they'll win. Right or wrong, seen by the cameras or not.. it's possible it may not get picked up, and thats all they need.

From THAT angle your 100% correct the plate is visible now walk back say 50 feet sit on the bike and have someone else take a pic of the plate. I wouldn't recommend showing either pic in court. If you present that pic as evidence, then the crown will state that the plate is clearly NOT visible from the angle I just described. Which is where most people will be viewing it from.

As already stated 50 officers can tell you in their opinion it is fine, that and $1.50 will get you a small coffee at Timmies. ALL that matters is what the JP rules when your in court. Now that you have been ticketed and a warning is also in the system if you don't put the plate in it's OEM position expect more tickets in the future.

Really not sure why it having it where the manufacturer placed it, is such a big deal, your sitting on the bike you don't even know where your plate is. Having it tucked under the tail, doesn't make the bike "cool" nor does it make it go faster...lol You can be smart and put it back or you can go through life pushing on doors marked pull...lol The first option is less inconvenient.

Does nobody besides me think it's a little anal what this PC is doing?

Nope and I don't think you are very smart in challenging this. You may win you probably won't at this point. Plus he is just doing his job, you are being obstinate AND unreasonable in your quest.

Back
Top Bottom