Chinese Tire Warmers On Ebay | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Chinese Tire Warmers On Ebay

The next thing you all need to check, regardless of model, is the displayed temp even close to the real temp. Don't assume,,,, check it! What's your rim temp as well?

John, what do you recommend for a tire thermometer? Are the IR thermometers from Canadian Tire any good at all?

John, what do you recommend for a tire thermometer? Are the IR thermometers from Canadian Tire any good at all?

well a good pyrometer is best ,,about $150. But anything is better then nothing. Just try to calibrate it with something every now and then. Also keep the battery charged as some go funcky when the battery gets weak. You can't actually test the tire core with it but if you learn to test the rim and side wall you can see when the warmer is maxed out heat wise and what that correlates into the side wall and rim. These figures would determine if you are getting enough heat.
You want to measure the tire, side wall and rim. Also the pavement. Too cold and you are fighting an up hill battle,, so then you need to be smart.
For example one of Pro 6's regulars we extended his tire life/ performance by one full day with more heat.
So use any pyrometer even the IF models and by getting enough referance points you can learn when is best to set the hot tire pressure. Also test it coming right off the track .As soon as you can.
I use one because I wreck so many of them just with my weekend abuse program. But I correlate it with my good pyrometer with the probe.

Last edited:
What many of you fail to realize is the value of a good tire warmer. If we send you out hotter and at the right tire pressure for your riding. You may and usually do come in hotter. So we then adjust. So you now are going faster, sooner and getting better traction to allow you to even go faster,,,,all while doing it smarter.
There is more to tire warmers then a plug and some heat. Unless of course you are happy where you are and,,seriously,, if you are then there is no need to fret. If your pace is steady and mid yellow group or below and that is your happy place. Then all this is mute. But should you wish to go faster,, then take heed,, if you do not get more focused your tire life will get worse and possible scary. And sure you can change brands but all tires are working in this direction. So sooner or later you will have to go here.
The best way I can explain tires today is, It's like tuning a two stroke!

Last edited:
Thanks John. So my 4 year old Bickle warmers aren't good for Dunlop GPA Pro or KR slicks, running 2:19-2:21 in red group at Calabogie (on a 600)?

I've used Chinese made warmers for almost 6 years now and a set of Canadian branded ones also.
No issues with any of them...
Last year, the front on both Chinese and Canadian brand gave out. I bought another set of Chinese again for this season (Sumomoto V5 Digital - $254.73US/shipped)

They heat perfectly and I haven't had any issues again this year with them.

I do use tyre socks... also Chinese made (Tyre sock - $19.99US/shipped), as these don't need to be made here that are sold over $60.

Make what you will of it but I've yet to have any issue with the Sumomoto.

I always buy local, when it fits in my budget, as we all know that racing is expensive and saving is important... but let's not get carried away either, safety is more !!! ;)

Thanks John. So my 4 year old Bickle warmers aren't good for Dunlop GPA Pro or KR slicks, running 2:19-2:21 in red group at Calabogie (on a 600)?
No,, "If" you are getting that Dunlop 1-2 lap wiggle then you need more heat. You can Heat soak longer and try to get more heat to the side wall. But if you do not experience and of the mistical one to two lap wiggle/step out then you are fine. But as you get faster,,should you choose to then you may need to get something. The only way to check is measure you off track temp and pressure,,if it is greater then when you went out you can not set the right off track pressure,, but then you should be getting the wiggle.. But if you are close then you are fine. I work to get less then a half pound increase when possible.

Last edited:
No,, "If" you are getting that Dunlop 1-2 lap wiggle then you need more heat. You can Heat soak longer and try to get more heat to the side wall. But if you do not experience and of the mistical one to two lap wiggle/step out then you are fine. But as you get faster,,should you choose to then you may need to get something. The only way to check is measure you off track temp and pressure,,if it is greater then when you went out you can not set the right off track pressure,, but then you should be getting the wiggle.. But if you are close then you are fine. I work to get less then a half pound increase when possible.

Yesterday at Calabogie, first lap of each session I was getting a drift through 7. Only ever on the first lap. Pressure off track is 1psi higher than off the warmers. My tire wear yesterday looked a lot better than the last day I was there, but I adjusted a few things with my riding that I think helped.

Yesterday at Calabogie, first lap of each session I was getting a drift through 7. Only ever on the first lap. Pressure off track is 1psi higher than off the warmers. My tire wear yesterday looked a lot better than the last day I was there, but I adjusted a few things with my riding that I think helped.
7 is a bit odd in that there is lots going on there. You drive up a hill and end up loading the front because of the elevation, then if you square it a bit the ground drops away as you accelerate out,,if you are getting it only on the first lap then you should be fine,, it's also really,,second left on your out lap. 1 pound sounds not bad. If nothing goofy is happening other then that I say "if it isn't broke don't fix it" Keep an eye on it as you get faster. But don't be afraid of a good heat soak!

Back
Top Bottom