Chinese Tire Warmers On Ebay | GTAMotorcycle.com

Chinese Tire Warmers On Ebay

Rossi86

Site Supporter
Anyone have any experience with the Chinese tire warmers on ebay? They cost almost half the price of the warmers sold locally, I was wondering if they're worth trying... I understand that you do get what you pay for, but probably the local stuff is also made in China and sold here for double the price. I know they may require a more powerful generator to run but will they get the job done properly?

I am currently running an old set of Bickle's and I have been tearing the rear tire consistently on the last few trackdays. Last time at mosport, I started the day with a very low lap soft Dunlop rear (almost new), I barely got 3 sessions of of that tire in the red group. Sandy from Pro6 told me to add more preload and take out some compression damping; I did + 1.5 turn on preload and - 6 clicks compression on the ohlins shock which seemed to improve the tire wear a bit on the medium after I shredded the soft completely. Also, at SMP last time around, I barely finished the day with a very low lap medium Dunlop rear from the shredding on the right side.

A tire warmer rep at mosport suggested that I may be shredding the rear because the warmers aren't heating up to proper temperature after he checked the tire temps with an IR gun. I took the warmers for a repair to replace the thermostats, but last time at cayuga I was still getting some tearing and the tire temperature did not improve at all, I saw as high as 65 degrees on rear which is what it was before the repair too. The rep said they should be around 80 degrees...

I think bickle sells a Chinese version as well. Speak to him he has a wealth of knowledge as he's local .

I use Bickle's newer single temp, Bickle Chinese and 3 temp Chicken Hawks. I struggled most of this summer keeping temps high and started covering the tires as a lot of days had a breeze blowing. I need to look at some tire socks.

I use Bickle's newer single temp, Bickle Chinese and 3 temp Chicken Hawks. I struggled most of this summer keeping temps high and started covering the tires as a lot of days had a breeze blowing. I need to look at some tire socks.

On September 4th at cayuga, after running the warmers for 1 hour my rear temp was still in the high 30s which scared the crap out of me. And it was a sunny day with an air temp ~20 degrees in the morning

Own a sewing machine? I made my own. Dead simple and cheap to boot.

IMG_20151003_124420_zps6ld0sak9.jpg~original

I used the Chinese Bickles last year on Dunlop 211's and always found them to get hot enough (I never had to deal with wind). Posted them available for sale now.

I've had a set of sumomoto digital warms (ordered direct from China) for a few years. Only problem was the glass display came off (It was also hot enough that weekend to melt the dials off a friends duc).
Warmers are digital and programmable. Never had a problem, only 1 plug to power, digital read out lets you know they are on and the temp.
I do want to make some booties like Amazon and Kyle have..they are pretty bad ***!

I always use my covers no matter what the weather is like. You're not going to hurt anything using them. I prefer them being made of a material that will block the wind. To me a fleece cover isn't really up to the task.

I've had a set of sumomoto digital warms (ordered direct from China) for a few years. Only problem was the glass display came off (It was also hot enough that weekend to melt the dials off a friends duc).
Warmers are digital and programmable. Never had a problem, only 1 plug to power, digital read out lets you know they are on and the temp.
I do want to make some booties like Amazon and Kyle have..they are pretty bad ***!

Thanks for your reply, looks like I'll give these a try. What generator are you running? How long does it take you to heat soak the tire to their max temperature?

Instead of buying cheap and buying twice, why not just buy a reputable brand? If I was in the market, I'd go with Canadian made Bickles. The fact that he can take them apart and fix them is worth the price difference IMO.

If you do go the Chinese route, be sure check your tire temps before you head out on the track.

Instead of buying cheap and buying twice, why not just buy a reputable brand? If I was in the market, I'd go with Canadian made Bickles. The fact that he can take them apart and fix them is worth the price difference IMO.

If you do go the Chinese route, be sure check your tire temps before you head out on the track.

The way I see it is if something cheaper gets the job done just as good why pay more for advertising and the logo printed on them? I'll bet you that the materials of the local ones come from China as well. I bought a Chinese IR lap timer on ebay for ~ $40 shipped to my house and it works fine, it tells me my lap times accurately lol. I saw the very same one branded with a logo sold for $160 from someone else in the states, why I would I pay extra for that?
I know tire temperature is critical at the track, that's why I asked for other people's experiences with the ebay products before buying. But if I'm convinced they do the job just as good, I'll go with the cheaper version and save some money for more seat time :p

I'm running a 3000 watt kipor, but also running a set of bickles, and two sets of woodcrafts (yes the generator goes from quiet to screaming). Sorry I've never really paid attention to time to soak. I set the temp, put them on and only check once in a while to make sure they're on. Because of the whole, cheap chinese copy talk, I used to use my temp laser to check but don't bother anymore. They've always been perfect. Touch with the hand when taking them off is it. The digital readout on the box makes it way easier to confirm compared to the other brands.

Here we go again.
So a warmer is just a warmer? No not really. Consider this year the demand on a warmer changed huge. Or maybe we just learned what the new tires needs. At all CSBK rounds this year, the riders I work with we were sending them out at 95 C or hotter. The new Dunlop and Michelin tires like heat and the warmer must be designed to get heat to the side wall. There are not many ways to do this.
You can buy cheap stuff,, that is a fact. Why is it when someone needs an engine built they never source the cheap guy,,or well maybe some do!
You get what you pay for,, you get the service you pay for. Why is it people bring me their cheap stuff and think I will add value to that company by fixing it?
We do not make the Canadian model any more as it was just not doing what I wanted it to do. It was a great design and if you are around the average level rider it will work well. But get the sox on them and get the heat into them if you are on Michelin or Dunlop.
So the thermostates in warmers can fail open or closed. Ours failed open so they get cooler over time.Opposed to hotter over time.
Today 80 C is pretty much old school. So any warmer that gets you the heat you need you will have a shorter life. If you are 65 C you are not even close to temp for a Dunlop. Consider when I worked in the AMA with DiSalvo we say off track temps of 126 C[that's when all this started]. The tire worked great. Mosport this year we saw off track temps of 106 C. If you can not replicate your off track temp in the paddock you CAN NOT set your hot tire temp.You will shred tires you will have horrible tire growth, You will change the tire contact patch as you ride. Your grip will change radically.
Our programmable model goes to 100 C.we are working on a model now that goes to 120 for expert riders only. 3 years ago I would have freaked out if I saw that temp. So if you are old school and think 65 is good or 80C then you need to slow down.
Our manufacturer works with me. They respect the value I have with warmers. They are changing stuff for me and yes they wear out. So if you get a couple years today,, that warmer, who ever's has done a good job. TOday more then ever a good warmer ,,or a poor warmer can wreck your tire budget.
So using warmers that come from a company involved in Moto 2-3 WSBK and soon to be Moto GP would make more sense then one that is not!
This sport has changed tire wise more in the last two years then I have ever seen. A tire is tuneable and valuable. Doesn't matter if you have the most expensive suspension money can buy along with the best engine builder,,,,if your tire does not work,,,you wasted a lot of money! Don't be cheap,,cause you think a 10 year old warmer will work, or any warmer is as good as another. But then,, I can fix your leathers too! So,,,,, how much time and money did it cost me to just tell you this? If you wish to race at your best and demand from the tires then give them what they want,,,forget what you know!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom